Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Nope.

There is no drone in game that auto-tracks a (moving) object, collects it (without it exploding), and returns it to a ship, for example.

And in terms of gameplay environment and performance, are you telling me they’ve been designing to date to accommodate a bunch of turret AIs being dumped into a major firefight. (Given what Tony Z has said about their performance impact).

Nah. It’s all scope creep.

From the mind of the marketing dream straight to some poor engineers door. Most likely ;)
So nothing like ED's limpets?

Nope.

There is no drone in game that auto-tracks a (moving) object, collects it (without it exploding), and returns it to a ship, for example.

And in terms of gameplay environment and performance, are you telling me they’ve been designing to date to accommodate a bunch of turret AIs being dumped into a major firefight? (Given what Tony Z has said about their performance impact).

Nah. It’s all scope creep.

From the mind of the marketing dream straight to some poor engineers door. Most likely ;)

Drones that collect stuff is not in the game, but that concept has been bought up many times before. Way before the nautilus.

Free standing AI turrets are in the game now.

From the comments, looks like it's doing what vorpx does, projecting the image in to the two screens in the headset but not true VR ie the two screens are showing the same thing, not the correct different renders for each eye as in VR.
How are the two renders different in VR?

Drones that collect stuff is not in the game, but that concept has been bought up many times before. Way before the nautilus.

Drones as a concept yep. Although there's no early days concept of one that tracked and interacted with an AI driven object (let alone an object that's otherwise programmed to explode via proximity). AFAIK.

You can't just say: 'Drones were planned. (Therefore a drone that paints your ship, or attaches itself to you as a bonus thruster, is not scope creep).'

Free standing AI turrets are in the game now.

Yes but the current build can barely handle capital ship clashes with numerous AI turrets involved. Keeping gameplay scenarios within the game's capacities is also part of game design. And game scope. Suddenly deciding that X player Nautilus's could dump Y number of AI turrets each into such a location clearly blows up the worst case scenario. It's... scope... creep...

Tell me more, give me some more recent examples apart from some simple space mines...

Nautilus’s homing mines, sentry mines & anti-mine drones have no precedent. They were the last major scope creep. Announced in Aug 2019. (For $675, at a concierge-only event, which cost $275 to attend. They certainly monetised the hell out of their last fling with foolishness ;))

So that’s over 7 years of scope creeping all told. Deeply dubious, and with production repercussions still to this day. And for many, many more years to come.

Last edited:
Difficult to tell, the creator of the video has been asked if it's stereoscopic or not (I think Stuart has asked there) but no reply so far. The 3d split seems to be coming from a reshade plugin which claims some games will be stereoscopic (I'm assuming it's this mod) :

I would think cig isn't passing the required info to make this work properly but not sure.
CIG is using CryEngine, which has a rep for being great for making pre-rendered animations, but total reeking trash for making games with, so I wouldn't be shocked if it isn't.

Check in the Crysis games or Ryse: Son of Rome are supported and that will give a good indication of whether or not SC would work with the plugin.

Give me an example.

No, not that example, give me another example

:rolleyes:
I mean, a singular feature being added along the line as simple as some space mines can't be considered "scope creep" can it? So please, comprehensive list of all the scope creep crimes CIG has committed!

Golgot, give me some more scope creep. Scope creep is such a huge talking point among the refund community, this can't be the only example can it? Was the whole thing about some damn space mines? Really? I want more scope creep damnit!

Back
Top Bottom