Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

d8QZYl9.gif
"For me" - personal experience, not an objective comparison.

Is the not-at-all-an-exercise-in-narcissism-website-named-after-the-company's-co-founder which claims SC to be a "playable now" game not misleading?

Should there be asterisks on the "playable* now*" line? Playable*: for certain loose definitions of playable. Now*: may or may not be now or sometime in future in the perpetual-alpha status game. What is time anyway.
Star Citizen is in early-alpha development, in early access, "playable now", with Pay2Win macro-transactions.

Ah, so you're saying CIG is guilty of false advertising. I completely agree.
Question: Have you ever played SC? Can you therefore judge on the playability of it?
I can press that big "launch" button in the launcher, and play the game. That is the definition, the definition is correct.

Nah, I don't block anyone in forums. I save that for in-game :D

I've just given up with it. Their arguments just become more and more disingenuous. Go back a few years and I think we had a better class of faithful around here, at least they tried to put up some valid arguments.

I wonder if this is a symptom of something. As time has gone on the faithful remaining are those who are just so far out of touch with reality are the only ones left trying to spread the faith. Everyone else is just bunkering down and hoping for the best.

Continued funding can still be explained by CIG's marketing still roping new players in, getting them to spend and run out of refund time before they see it for what it really is. Kermaz has noted an uptick in people trying to sell their ships looking to either completely get out or reduce their "investment".

Back
Top Bottom