Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Uncanny Valley making up facts again.

xfmgjuprb2h81.png

I've corrected him in the past about those numbers, which he gets from that mmo stats site, which are completely made up. That same site lists active players for dead games.

He doesn't even get CIG's own staffing numbers right.
Fitting in all the RDR2 maps would help in filling the void with content, though. Not that it would do anything for performance. The intellectual level of this is amazingly low.

Fitting in all the RDR2 maps would help in filling the void with content, though. Not that it would do anything for performance. The intellectual level of this is amazingly low.
Here are some basic facts to remember about modern game development:
  • Star Citizen has 16M unique players, although that may be an underestimation
  • RDR2 took a decade to make, with 2000 people working on it, full time, the whole time
  • Starfield has been in production for over 25 years and it is still far away from release

• RDR2 took a decade to make, with 2000 people working on it, full time, the whole time
  • Starfield has been in production for over 25 years and it is still far away from release
I know it's sarcasm but that doesn't hinder morons taking it for valid coin to pay arguments with.

I guess marketing noticed the slump in the funding tracker then 🤭

I'll have to make a choice now...$25 for a pointless hoverbike to use in a space game that's broken... or $80 for an Apache helicopter to use in a flight sim that isn't ;)
are you having hard time deciding between an “an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry, an absolute death machine” and a bike?

I’m speechless

Interesting, this suggests 8 years, which is 20% short of 10 years.

Starfield hasn't been in production for 25 years, it's a developer being poetic.

Interesting, this suggests 8 years, which is 20% short of 10 years.

Starfield hasn't been in production for 25 years, it's a developer being poetic.

That post wasn't serious!

Star Citizen is not a video game and will never be a complete video game. It will however, provide CR with a several million $$ per year salary for many years, followed by a golden parachute retirement paid for by backers at which point, if it still exists Star Citizen will be handed over to a bunch of "developers" who will immediately run the project into the ground.

Last edited:
Star Citizen is not a video game and will never be a complete video game. It will however, provide CR with a several million $$ per year salary for many years, followed by a golden parachute retirement paid for by backers at which point, if it still exists Star Citizen will be handed over to a bunch of "developers" who will immediately run the project into the ground.
If the numbers coming out of CIG-UK (the only CIG shell company required by law to be at all transparent financially) is reflective of the whole, Star Citizen has already provided the Roberts Clan millions (plural) of USD per year for quite some time now.

Back
Top Bottom