Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

But the game truly is coming along, and the original promises are starting to look a little less absurd.

🍻

nice!

cgjVnZS.png

🍻

Oh yeah, that has all the hallmarks of a shill piece.

Was a skeptic buy has now seen the light.

A galaxy to play in????

Mentions the 2016 release date for SQ42 without acknowledging that CR said it was almost finished in 2014. Still no release date.

Same paragraphs are repeated in the text. Copy/paste... hmm...

No mention of all the bugs that plague the game or the quality of the alpha state, its presented like a fully playable game that just needs more features adding

No mention that CIG's focus is so much on the single player game that development on SC has all but stopped.

No mention of CIG blaming backers for their own inability to manage expectations.

Yeah, either a shill or someone who has drunk way too much of CIG's kool aid.

Again, this is CIG's response to their gaff. Not to apologize for blaming backers. But just to pump out more shill pieces.

I was very much looking forward to Mafia II and the boxes bit was the point that I refused to play anymore and gave up with it. I know it doesn't last forever but I was getting fed up with it at this point anyway.

The idea that you'd design a game with a repetitive mundane activity such as this gives me ghoulies. However, I suspect that this was one of a few things that they could get working, well sort of anyway.
Well, the funny thing given the context, is that Mafia II lets you skip this mission ASAP and it is self aware here:
  • the game understands the mission is potentially terrifyingly boring, so after five boxes the protagonist simply stops and you cannot load more boxes
  • it is a joke designed to demonstrate how an ordinary job will break your back for no money compared to an exciting life of a wise guy, which gameplay-wise is the meat of the game (shooting, running and driving, nothing more)
  • it makes a comment on game design, on purpose or not

I couldnt see a sponsored by CIG tag ... but .....
If he popped in to play SC 'occasionally' like he suggests in the vid...I would have thought he'd at least know how the global chat worked and have sussed out how to hide the chat window. I call bollox on him ever playing before he recorded that video 🤭

There's a keybinds map available in game via the options...as much as he looked at it blindly in the video as his shiny Carrack plunged toward the ground...he could also have just asked in chat since he had the chat box open anyway. Instead of any of that...he assumed because he couldn't work out he had lost control of his ship because he had left the chat window open by pressing enter (it's enter again to close it after typing a message), that it was a UI bug :rolleyes:

Squadron 42 - Star Citizen Screenshot 2022.02.11 - 09.01.08.91.png

Squadron 42 - Star Citizen Screenshot 2022.02.11 - 08.51.21.43.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom