Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Drew's got it bad.

Its not a bad review, but either he's ignoring or ignorant of years worth of missteps and lies by CIG.
He's no doubt well aware of all that since he plainly mentioned the 'controversy' surrounding Ci¬G and SC...but I've said it before, sometimes all of that stuff doesn't figure in to the SC experience quite as much as it perhaps should... depending on your personal views. For some it's a deal breaker, others...it's not a matter of simply ignoring it, but accepting that's just how it is and no amount of video posturing is going to change it...it happened, it's still happening... move on and see what's left 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Loving the bizarre 'butler on coke' narration style 😁

I'm glad he's got it all figured out. The Kotaku coverage was "inflammatory", mocking jpeg sales is "ridiculous", and at worst SC may remain in a state of "not quite realized potential". If it doesn't become the BDSSE.

But my does he have some harsh words for the poor abandoned ex :/

Performance is "superior and more consistent than some other space games of comparable type which claim to be fully released". There are detailed working interiors, with functioning drawers and everything, rather than "a soulless series of menus and fade to black transitions". And SC's lore has not been "cheapened" by "tawdry and out-of-place" Halloween costumes...

halloween.webp

The stories Drew is gonna spin around SC. He is genuinely going to have a whale of a time :)
Totally refreshing and unbiased feedback of course... I mean, I really hope CIG give him a lore/writing contract, the guy is definitely proving himself as a solid trooper and ticking all the right boxes including dissing Elite. He is definitely trying hard. Good for him.

Last edited:
After watching the vid...I didn't find Drew's take on SC too off the wall. Although he's new to the project, I can see where he's coming from. :)

I thought the video was fine. Is it going to get me past the cult wariness and overall horror of 400 million charity dollars wasted 100% due to one mans prima donna hubris? No dont think so.

I can understand where hes coming from, i used to be "in love" with elite at one point too. The only difference between me and the white knights was an inability to handwave when frontier developed elite with less care. Standards people.

Funny thread.

Someone asks about CIG paying out to investors and they show the dividend payment in 2020, and have a good old debate about that, but totally fail to note the 5 million directly paid to Calder!
They mentioned that later in the thread. What amazes me is that when they mention that the dividends went to “investors”, only 15% of that, IIRC, went to actual investors. All other shares of the UK shell company are owned by Chris and Erin Roberts, and Chris’ good friend and long time business partner (and former Crytek legal counsel) Freyermuth Ortwin.

Just like they failed to notice that when Calders invested in CIG UK, it wasn’t all new stock. A significant chunk (6 million pounds IIRC) of that was purchased directly from the Roberts clan themselves. Gotta love Hollywood Accounting.

edit: some also tried to excuse that by claiming the money didn’t come from backers, but Calders themselves, but the one who brought up that point pointed out that money is fungible, so that’s a distinction without a difference.

Last edited:
They mentioned that later in the thread. What amazes me is that when they mention that the dividends went to “investors”, only 15% of that, IIRC, went to actual investors. All other shares of the UK shell company are owned by Chris and Erin Roberts, and Chris’ good friend and long time business partner (and former Crytek legal counsel) Freyermuth Ortwin.

Just like they failed to notice that when Calders invested in CIG UK, it wasn’t all new stock. A significant chunk (6 million pounds IIRC) of that was purchased directly from the Roberts clan themselves. Gotta love Hollywood Accounting.

edit: some also tried to excuse that by claiming the money didn’t come from backers, but Calders themselves, but the one who brought up that point pointed out that money is fungible, so that’s a distinction without a difference.

Yeah, saw the part about money being fungible.

He's no doubt well aware of all that since he plainly mentioned the 'controversy' surrounding Ci¬G and SC...but I've said it before, sometimes all of that stuff doesn't figure in to the SC experience quite as much as it perhaps should... depending on your personal views. For some it's a deal breaker, others...it's not a matter of simply ignoring it, but accepting that's just how it is and no amount of video posturing is going to change it...it happened, it's still happening... move on and see what's left 🤷‍♂️
From watching his vids he's ignorant of how the game works, what's included, what's planned, so I can't imagine he is any less ignorant of the way it's developed over the years and what we can - surely must - infer from that going forward.

(edit - removed comment about other star systems, I could be mistaken) I've seen him ask if there are interdictions and if he could interdict other ships like in THAT dastardly other game, chat explained Yes! then qualified it explaining there's a single ship that can trap players, he was incredibly excited by that idea. Or he suggested he was, to me his eyes were saying "so I can't chase people about and actually interdict them then?"

It's all something to behold.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom