Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

No Ant, CIG go "we're gonna have x, y and z by next year....honest".....then comes a ship sale...rinse and repeat

FDEV are doing nothing of the sort and you know it but what is even more intriguing is that it's really only you and Ebob bringing up Elite Dangerous in the bloody thread.

Hate to break it to you but many of us who think SC is a farce also think Frontier have screwed up so I don't really know who you two are jabbing at?....the moderators?

Some backers seem to struggle with the concept that Game A can be bad and Game B can also be bad.

You and your French mate don't support Star Citizen either and rely on others to keep the alpha game going.

Ooof... that's a burn. They doth protest they don't give CIG more money, yet if people don't give CIG more money, then CIG fails.

If only CIG had set themselves achievable goals that they could deliver on for 65 million dollars... or even 500 million dollars.

But don't worry, i'm sure by a billion dollars they will have enough money to deliver... maybe.

Back with fresh out of the refugee camp ;;

Kate finally finished her grand tour around the planet canada, what a brave display of resilience and dedication, truly such a lenghty honeymoon phase with so many adventures can only explained by being paid by CIG.
BlackMaze got a near death experience to remember;
Drew continues drooling along the detailed ship interiors and intricacies of group play:
And D2E has been teaching new and old CMDR's how to grind those big beautiful ships:
Thanks Down; you're dedication and knowledge is invaluable.

Talking about anecdotal takes on things, and in this case coming from a long time player/backer:

Are content creators pretending to like SC? It may very well be the case for some:

Are you an idiot for liking SC as is today? Some would think so.
I like Mike.

I don't play SC, hell I don't play ED too much at the moment or any games, but I do regularly watch Mike while I'm at my computer working. And he's not exactly a fan of any game I do like.

Back with fresh out of the refugee camp ;;
lol

Kate finally finished her grand tour around the planet canada
Comments are also amazing.

I can't wait for maps and way points. Also need a compass 🧭 for our gear planet side. It's taken days to complete this series. Imagine all that mileage if we had allot more to do in that space. Settle down, create shops and homes... craft items and sell. I mean seriously endless potential... its just a matter of time... Come on cig!!! Server Meshing!!! Go CIG GO! WE ARE CHEERING YOU ON!
This is probably one of the best thought out ideas ever done in SC.
Groundbreaking, never been done before, etc.

You mock bartenders from SC but not all gamers mock them.

SC bartenders aren't mocked because they serve drinks to a player on a stool.

They're mocked because of:

(A) The years of enormous fuss CIG made over them:

And:

(B) Because of how very far they are, and the game in total, from the AI nirvana that that they were supposed to bring…

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi0aTS-YvYs&t=20m02s

Tony Z (2016) said:
More recently I've been spending more and more time on Subsumption, which is the AI and mission system which is going to drive all the gameplay.
Subsumption is going to have a dramatic impact on the gameplay experience because it's going to seriously increase the productivity of the designers that are charged with crafting all of the AI and mission logic. By comparison the missions that we're currently putting into the game, they take far more time to construct, they aren't nearly as flexible, and they're much more prone to errors.
It isn't just about allowing more content, it's also very much about allowing us to create better content. By way of example think about a bartender. If you want them to look really intelligent, they need to be able to formulate complex responses to a given stimulus. A request from a patron for a drink might cause them to head on over to the sink grab a glass, walk to the beer tap use it, then put the drink on the table in front of the customer. And depending upon whether or not they get stiffed either head back behind the bar or call security. The issue though is that you need your characters to be able to respond to lots and lots of different stimuli. A glass that falls on the floor and breaks needs to be swept up, a garbage can that's full needs to be emptied, a rowdy patron needs to be warned to quiet down and on and on and on. These responses also need to be prioritized it's okay to stop cleaning dishes to break up a fight, but not vice versa. There are a lot of subtleties like whether or not stimulus needs to propagate after a character has agreed to respond. The sound of a gunshot should affect everyone but a request for a drink can only be filled by a single server. These sub-activities is as I call them also need to be able to be combined when appropriate. The characters need to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time. The problem becomes more apparent when you consider that the game will have a lot more than bartenders. You're gonna have shopkeepers, tourists, vandals, security guards, and loads and loads of other types of characters. All of which are going to need, you know, an extensive array of potential responses. These are precisely the types of problems that Subsumption was designed to handle.

And that's without mentioning the NPC dialogue based on player's personal history with them, the 24hr NPC life cycles, or the working NPC crews numbering into their hundreds, or any of the other stuff which was supposed to stem from Subsumption. Of which the bartender was supposed to be a great leap forward...

Still. Coffee Vendor soon 🤟

Last edited:

And:

(B) Because of how very far they are, and the game in total, from the AI nirvana that that they were supposed to bring…

And that's without mentioning the NPC dialogue based on player's personal history with them, the 24hr NPC life cycles, or the working NPC crews numbering into their hundreds, or any of the other stuff which was supposed to stem from Subsumption. Of which the bartender was supposed to be a great leap forward...

Amazing.

March 2018: " Finally, the Facial Animation Team was busy finalizing animations on various PU shopkeepers, bartenders"

September 2018: " The Facial Team developed animations for the bartender"

So they finalized it in March 2018, and in September were back to making more animations.

See that's bizarre, you don't think purchasing a base package is supporting the game? People are giving them money, but they don't count because they haven't purchased X hundred dollars worth of ships, we can dismiss those people who have given CIG money as inconsequential, not proper supporters!
A lot of gamers have enough money in their life to burn 50$ just to see the game = without any will to support or help CIG.
Some of those base packages have been bought to support CIG, but I don't think its the majority since 3 or 4 years, mainly gamers wanting to check what SC is.
The will to support often start when you buy a second ship.

Last edited:
A lot of gamers have enough money in their life to burn 50$ just to see the game = without any will to support or help CIG.

I have purchased a base package in SC, an account in Dual Universe and play Elite Dangerous, not because I wanted to see the games, but because I though they were all worth supporting, now you're telling me I'm not supporting them because I haven't given them thousands of dollars? Sorry I have to call you out here, that's a position that makes me think you are little better than the worst trolls we get here!

And:

Bartenders are the perfect example to compare handwavium blabbering versus delivery.

A lot of gamers have enough money in their life a charity to burn 50$ just to see the game = without any will to support or help CIG.
Some of those base packages have been bought to support CIG, but I don't think its the majority since 3 or 4 years, mainly gamers wanting to check what SC is.
The will to support often start when you buy a second ship.
I don’t ‘support’ CIG as though they are a charity, I gave them money with the expectation of released product.

I haven’t repeated the error. If others are happy to throw money at CIG in the hope of a functioning game, I’m happy to let them.

I have purchased a base package in SC, an account in Dual Universe and play Elite Dangerous, not because I wanted to see the games, but because I though they were all worth supporting, now you're telling me I'm not supporting them because I haven't given them thousands of dollars? Sorry I have to call you out here, that's a position that makes me think you are little better than the worst trolls we get here!
?
I never said that 100% of base packages are not supporting CIG. I think the majority base packages now are bought the way Amigacooke bought his = he doesn't care to support CIG. On the contrary, you and me had intent to support CIG with a base package, but since some years, its not the case of the majority of newcomers = they only want to play the game, nothing else.

And I think the majority of additional purchases after the initial package are for supporting CIG.

Last edited:
?
I never said that 100% of base packages are not supporting CIG. I think the majority base packages now are bought the way Amigacooke bought his = he doesn't care to support CIG. In the contrary, you and me had intent to support CIG with a base package, but since some years, its not the case of the majority of newcomers = they only want to play the game, nothing all.

And I think the majority of additional purchases after the initial package are for supporting CIG.
I don't really care about CIG (I'm not really sure why I should), I'm interested in their product.

If only they had product rather than an eternal alpha.

Back
Top Bottom