Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

The fact that some people still deny that you can have an enormous amount of fun in SC is truly hiding your head in the sand. Even doubters on this forum allow for it. You can watch hundreds of videos showing people having fun playing the( none existent :confused: )parts of it that have been released to the public which people including me have played for hours at a time.

I thought we have moved on from that particular untruth.

Are the questions now not;-
Will CIG produce two good games in the near future?

Well said.

But on the other hand, i've had enormous amount of fun playing Chaos, a 1985 game, but its not going to get GOTY 2020 ;)

You want to see SC or SQ42 released?

Start a Kickstarter to start a Company who's sole and exclusive purpose is to buy controlling shares in CIG/buy CIG/buy the intellectual property for SQ42 & SC at bankruptcy and if possible develop the game into production. Until then its legally dormant or keeps up to date with legal obligations.

Fund it instead of SC & SQ42. It will need a lot less. If it never comes to fruition or the game is released, you get your money back. you can set your own terms and limitations and review periods for this.

If or when the Company gets ownership or control you will know where you are, what you actually have and what timeframe if any is needed to deliver something that you may be able to build on. You can supervise CR and set permanent dates for release of features. You can build and build and build on the release, once its released. Or you can see that there is nothing, its a castle built on sand and know that at least you had control of your money.

If you don't do it....see you in 5 years

tldr: I count it as 18 months but then I'm counting down to the next reset.

The fact that some people still deny that you can have an enormous amount of fun in SC is truly hiding your head in the sand. Even doubters on this forum allow for it. You can watch hundreds of videos showing people having fun playing the( none existent :confused: )parts of it that have been released to the public which people including me have played for hours at a time.

I thought we have moved on from that particular untruth.

The Only times i saw people have fun in an SC video Is due to some hilarious bug. I have to admit, SC bugs are the best damn ever bugs i have ever seen

Last edited:
the mighty 42's indeed ....

HMS_Cardiff_%28D108%29_1.jpg
Is that Pompey harbour with Camper and Nicholson marina over at Gosport in the background? :)

They would produce not two, but four AAAAAAAAAAAAAA games is the near future, according to Spectrum. Will they be good? That remains to be seen.
Now, what is near future anyway? Because Christopher promised one of the games to be released in that year. Is 2014 a near future?

Rolling a wheel along a road v SC with that comment seems to be saying exactly that. I am sure that we can dissect the comment in detail for several pages. How do you interpret it Tippis? It is does not seem to be agreeing with Ant
You seem to be new here.
The "fun" argument was dissected for several pages, and not once, but several times. Thing is, while SC might be fun to someone, hoop rolling is fun too. But neither of those is a good game, because "having fun" describes a player, not a game. For SC fans, "having fun" is a last line of defense when they are out of valid arguments to protect the sorry mess they call an AAAAAAA game.
SC can be fun to someone and be a shyte-show of techno-demo instead of a game at the same time.

Fact is, I'm having fun with SC too. but I don't play it, I just enjoy the show around it. It is very fun indeed.

In principle, replace reboot with "Just starting to actually get off their rear ends and actually start to put stuff together" and it might be a better phrase.

Except i won't discount them even for that, not after they had spent years telling people how far along they were, how great it was all coming together, how close they were to release, all the while raking in millions of dollars.

I don't like to call SC a scam, but that behaviour is pure scammy.
This is fine, to set up a scam one just needs to sell lies. If one has some actual stuff to back a small fraction of those lies, the whole setup will look more believable and will bring the scammer more money.

That's how Ci-G rolls.

They have a lie of BDSSE to milk the money for, and bugged tech-demo to make that lie more plausible.

Last edited:
There was no reboot.
Ask yourself this: if there was a reboot in 2014 (? 2015?) where they realised "woah, what we have now isn't suitable for the massively larger scope we're now planning, we need to redo everything" - if that happened...

Why on earth would they start again continuing to use CryEngine/Lumberyard, knowing that said engine is not designed to work for that sort of game at that sort of scale?

Tryed (for real when I was a kid), not very fun... I prefer waking up in my Aurora and do some delivery. Or do some trade in ED.
Dear sir, doesn't that qualify you as senior hoop roller with 20+ years of experience? Anyway, if you say that hoop rolling is not very fun, I counter with SC is not very fun, because obviously we can. That argument negates yours and now SC is not very fun.
Ask yourself this: if there was a reboot in 2014 (? 2015?) where they realised "woah, what we have now isn't suitable for the massively larger scope we're now planning, we need to redo everything" - if that happened...

Why on earth would they start again continuing to use CryEngine/Lumberyard, knowing that said engine is not designed to work for that sort of game at that sort of scale?
Because they spent all the money on luxuries for Chris and Sandy and couldn't afford to licence another one?

Yerp .... All 42's were Pompey Based.
I only mentioned it because Campers marina in Gosport was where I met my wife...her mum had a yacht there. We got chatting when I was down buying a boat all those years ago...fancied myself as a sailor after getting my offshore skippers ticket in the Army...of all places. Needless to say the actual sailing being buried under a pile of berthing fees and anciliaries that my meagre army wages didn't cover...the yachty thing didn't last too long :D

I also had a mate back then who was a submariner CPO over at Dolphin...ran in the gun team for fun...very strange chap.

ltePAHC.jpg

Last edited:
I only mentioned it since Campers marina was where I met my wife...her mum had a yacht there. We got chatting when I was down buying a boat all those years ago...fancied myself as a sailor after getting my offshore skippers ticket in the Army...of all places. Needless to say the actual sailing being buried under a pile of berthing fees and anciliaries that my meagre army wages didn't cover...the yachty thing didn't last too long :D

ltePAHC.jpg
Yeah, be a Yachty gets expensive.

HMS Collingwood had a yacht called "Electron" , some of my fellow Tiffs had their offshore ticket and took us out a few times, my contribution being limited to pulling on whatever rope I was told to pull and ducking when shouted at!! Enjoyable but too rich for me.

Yeah, be a Yachty gets expensive.

HMS Collingwood had a yacht called "Electron" , some of my fellow Tiffs had their offshore ticket and took us out a few times, my contribution being limited to pulling on whatever rope I was told to pull and ducking when shouted at!! Enjoyable but too rich for me.
I bought that Rogger 46 because I loved the name...'Brigand of Changi'. The old guy I bought it from was held as a POW in Changi prison in Singapore during WW2. Tex (Submariner CPO) and I sailed it from Gosport up around the east coast of the UK to the Crinan canal...went through that east to west then parked it up at Bellanoch marina in the Crinan basin...sold it 3 months later due to abject poverty. The idiocy of youth. I also discovered that submariners aren't very good sailors :D

You seem to be new here.
The "fun" argument was dissected for several pages, and not once, but several times. Thing is, while SC might be fun to someone, hoop rolling is fun too. But neither of those is a good game, because "having fun" describes a player, not a game. For SC fans, "having fun" is a last line of defense when they are out of valid arguments to protect the sorry mess they call an AAAAAAA game.
SC can be fun to someone and be a shyte-show of techno-demo instead of a game at the same time.

Fact is, I'm having fun with SC too. but I don't play it, I just enjoy the show around it. It is very fun indeed.

I mentioned fun because you did. Clearly it was not discussed to exhaustion previously. Even several times over several pages. If we did not discuss things that had been dissected previously we would be on version 4

The Only times i saw people have fun in an SC video Is due to some hilarious bug. I have to admit, SC bugs are the best damn ever bugs i have ever seen
I was tempted to say this is not true. But it is possible that you only watch videos in your particular echo chamber. So maybe watch a few more, from other content producers

I mentioned fun because you did. Clearly it was not discussed to exhaustion previously. Even several times over several pages. If we did not discuss things that had been dissected previously we would be on version 4
Dear sir, please pay attention to those links
this one is three and a half years old

And those three are from this thread:

I also suggest you to un-ignore LittleAnt.
This will help you to follow the topic of discussion properly.
The reason why it's going round and round again is because each new person who pops here to try to protect SC provides just the same old arguments that were already deconstructed. While I find 'fun' deconstructed to nihilio, each new backer resorts to it when he is out of arguments, times and times again.

I was tempted to say this is not true. But it is possible that you only watch videos in your particular echo chamber. So maybe watch a few more, from other content producers
So you are implying that some google-them-yourself videos would magically undo all the bugs in the game? Fascinating.
I mean no offense, but maybe it is you who only watch videos in your particular echo chamber? Maybe it is you who should follow your advice to watch a few more, from other content producers? Because until now you have provided zero evidence to support your case.

Last edited:

I have no probelm with people having fun ..... I personally would prefer to have the two games that were promised with all the gameplay and features that were promised along with them.

Back
Top Bottom