Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Interesting thread. Wonder when the fact CIG seems to consider that Star Citizen has already been released (in Early Access) will become accepted as mainstream knowledge. Not just by the community and backers in general but also by the gaming press, and treated as such.

Based on CIG's current progress, i guess somewhere in the 22nd Century.

Interesting thread. Wonder when the fact CIG seems to consider that Star Citizen has already been released (in Early Access) will become accepted as mainstream knowledge. Not just by the community and backers in general but also by the gaming press, and treated as such.

Which is quite likely true because the quality goes up (think gold pass ships and improved biomes on planets), the time extends. Time, cost, quality. Pick any 2.

Or in CIG's case, pick none. Time is out of the window, 10 years, still pre-alpha. Cost, over half a billion... for pre-alpha. Quality, still a buggy pre-alpha.

Anyone playing Cultist bingo?

f0h7kgo3mcb91.jpg

1) Insulting their interlocutor.
2) You don't understand game development
3) Never been done before
4) Game dev is hard yo!
5) I'm a game dev
6) Magical tech will soon be done and everything will then fall into place

After learning you were in for two and a half large your PC wasn't the only one!
Meh, the jump to second tier concierge amounts to around $750 spread over 5 years... don't forget at the beginning of those 5 years I'm counting from, I was already a concierge level backer anyway. If you missed that bit, you haven't been paying much attention since I've mentioned it often enough. Over that same 5 years, I've spent more than as much again on other games, not only buying them but paying for macro-transaction DLC content as well...looking at you DCS and IL2.

It's a hobby...whether I spent that amount on SC or blew it on other games only seems relevant or shocking to those who feel obligated to be offended by Ci¬G or SC in general. I don't see it as a big thing at all, surprisingly embarrassing, but no big deal 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Meh, over 5 years...and don't forget at the beginning of those 5 years I'm counting from, I was already a concierge level backer anyway. Over that same 5 years, I've spent more than as much again on other games, not only buying them but paying for macro-transaction DLC content as well...looking at you DCS and IL2.

It's a hobby...whether I spent that amount on SC or blew it on other games only seems relevant or shocking to those who feel obligated to be offended by Ci¬G or SC in general. I don't see it as a big thing at all, surprisingly embarrassing, but no big deal 🤷‍♂️

What does 'er indoors think about this?

What does 'er indoors think about this?
About the same as I think about her horses :D

"Another new spaceship/horse dear? That's nice..." But joking aside, the bikes have paid for my other hobby, her horses and the stable have paid for hers.

She's never once raised any concern over my few hobbies in the 30-odd years we've been married, neither have I ever given her cause to be concerned...with motorbikes or PC's since she shares my love of bikes and sees my PC gaming for the hobby that it is. It's not like I'm drinking or gambling with the rent money or hiding what I spend...we have a joint bank account, always have... no secrets :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom