Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Are you sure ?
I give you 5K for a small solo flat 2D game on one static screen and distant highscore saving on a small php website. You start it with Unity + SQLite.
2 years later, I give you 50K to make some little changes like isometric3D + adding multiplayer for 50 + a scrolling map + a real time map of player location on the website. For sure you don't need to redo entire part of your scripts, just add line of code, make prayer for your SQLite BDD not to burn, etc...

I don't need to redo anything, because two years later it's already about 18 months delivered.

You mean he's faking his sexy French accent?

One of the biggest scams in the world was when the French convinced the rest of the world they were the most romantic.

In truth, the most romantic men are from Yorkshire.

Here's some poetry i've written:

Naw then lass, sithee 'ere,
I'll take thee down ta pub,
And get thee rite legless.

We'll grab a curry on t'way 'ome,
And i'll see thee rite,
In the back of my Cortina.

I mean, how could any woman resist that?

Here's a good thread:

Replies can be basically summed up as follows:

If you think OP is wrong to complain then you understand game development.
If you don't think OP is wrong to complain then you don't understand game development.

Its really bizarre how much of a meme this has become. Understanding game deveopment in SC land has nothing to do with anyone's actual understanding of game development. It all comes down to whether you support CIG or not.

One of the biggest scams in the world was when the French convinced the rest of the world they were the most romantic.

And i'll see thee rite,

Mhmm, dunno about women, but I find scottish accents sexy. Is up north, no? Any similarities with Geordie accent?

Mhmm, dunno about women, but I find scottish accents sexy. Is up north, no? Any similarities with Geordie accent?

Oh, don't get me started on scottish girls. Had two scottish girlfrends, one of them a ginger.

But no, Yorkshire isn't as far north as geordieland. Its middle of the country and God's own land.

And i'll see thee rite,

In favour of Yorkshire, I'll just say that the Yorkshire Pudding is one of the few things from British "cuisine" that wouldn't look out of place had it been French (in fact, pommes dauphines hit the same spot).

Are you sure ?
I give you 5K for a small solo flat 2D game on one static screen and distant highscore saving on a small php website. You start it with Unity + SQLite.
2 years later, I give you 50K to make some little changes like isometric3D + adding multiplayer for 50 + a scrolling map + a real time map of player location on the website. For sure you don't need to redo entire part of your scripts, just add line of code, make prayer for your SQLite BDD not to burn, etc...
If one's not stupid, 2 years later the "flat 2D game" is already out and running, and with 50k one makes a sequel with roughly all the backbone and caveats already layed out thanks to the original game development experience.

Last edited:
No mocking of the Ford Cortina please. I had a Mark IV as my first car, 2 litre with wooden inserts everywhere. Gold coloured with more rust than gold paint. Blew a cylinder eventually. It kind of reminds me of where we are at with SC, the rusts starting to show rather than the shiny paint and the engine is misfiring.

What was promised at the KS, particularly as it was said to be one year into development at that point looked doable for the budget as a series of Cry levels. Those stretch goals were what convinced me that the project was flawed, the costing as against the increase in revenue made no sense. The problem Chris Roberts had was instead of sticking to his vision he got distracted. Distraction 1 was the money, instead of chasing his attainable vision he switched to money. The second distraction was ED. Both distractions led to choices that expanded the technical debt, but also committed his chosen engine into being something it was never intended for.

If one's not stupid, 2 years later the "flat 2D game" is already out and running, and with 50k one makes a sequel with roughly all the backbone and caveats already layed out thanks to the original game development experience.
OK, so change the 2 years by 3 months if you prefer and no sequel because the game had not been delivered yet.
SO ?

Oh, don't get me started on scottish girls. Had two scottish girlfrends, one of them a ginger.

But no, Yorkshire isn't as far north as geordieland. Its middle of the country and God's own land.
Went out with a Norn Iron girl once. She sounded like Ian Paisley but had the dirtiest laugh I've ever heard (as I assume that Ian Paisley didn't laugh very much... he didn't seem the sort...).

And there is this certain other company that released a functioning space game with full game loops in 2014 and has been steadily increasing its scope, all while players are playing it as a released game. They've also released two other games and are now publishing two additional ones. That particular example might really rile them up. :)

Hi. Am I a joke to you?!? o_O

Why are we such jokes to you?? :rolleyes:

Seriously bruh....... :sneaky:

Why U no luv me? When me luv U long time! :geek:

#MeToo! :love:

Mie digital E-peen iz gonna be bigger dan all of youses! EEEEEE! :cool:

Hol' mah digital Budweiser infused Guinness. Now wotch dis....... :D

That's before considering any associated Steam Workshops with FREE fan base uploaded content which enhance the vanilla game play in most of these titles..... :ROFLMAO:

ps: EEEEEE! = that autistic screeching noise socially challenged morons tend to brainfart on the web

OK, so change the 2 years by 3 months if you prefer and no sequel because the game had not been delivered yet.
SO ?
Temptation sure would be heavy, though if one's not greedy and experienced enough* one should stick to the plan and deliver the initial promise. Because BIG NO " isometric3D + adding multiplayer for 50 + a scrolling map + a real time map of player location on the website" aren't "little changes" !

* Being Ray Harryhausen* doesn't make magically turn you a Pixar's Presto expert.

**Thinking you are Ray actually :)

I bought that brand new hybrid RTX 2070 super-diddly-wassisname from the guy who wanted to swap it for my 1080ti...150 quid plus an old sit on mower I had lying in the shed. Very impressed with it so far...might just be my imagination but it seems a lot prettier and a bit faster than my 1080ti...Given that it has less RAM, it's still DDR6 instead of DDR5. I might keep it in the Mole PC...we shall see.

It uses less power from my PSU for the same result as well as running a bit cooler. It's certainly fast and pretty enough graphics wise. It's like the 1080ti but with additional native RTX capability...Besides... it was cheap. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom