Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Of course, one has to wonder, how you get in the sort of state where you are damaged beyond your ability to fly that didn't lead to your ship exploding or the person who caused it finishing you off?
NPC ennemy blowing your engine and leaving. It's easy to program NPC to not finish you. Also a crash to an asteroid/ground where you lost power and can just turn in one direction. It's not rare in 3.17 to have your ship damaged to the point that flying with it is really hard or impossible. So, with the soft death of 3.18, it will occur more often.

NPC ennemy blowing your engine and leaving. It's easy to program NPC to not finish you. Also a crash to an asteroid/ground where you lost power and can just turn in one direction. It's not rare in 3.17 to have your ship damaged to the point that flying with it is really hard or impossible. So, with the soft death of 3.18, it will occur more often.
I get the gameplay concept, but this is an open pvp world. So surely when the Gruesome Twosome Rescue company turn up to ferry you somehow to their repair shop. Isn't that going to mean that Dastardly and his Vulture squadron will have a turkey shoot that even they cannot miss? I can hear Muttley sniggering already.

If by "dating" you mean she shows you pics of herself but never actually shows up in person. But the text messages are a delight and you've never had more fun with this picture than with any rl girl. She promises everything so you're sure it's gonna get real soon. Strange girl always gets in all sorts of adventures though, always needs you to keep sending money, but that's just part of her charm.

Chris Roberts is catfishing you

Aaah - but have you memed a Sandwurmie eating it’s own head?
Not specifically but I did put the sandwurmie in my "milk carton missing" series.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Poor dude. Thing is she is not even the hottest chick, she´s plenty ugly and out of shape, but she just wears a lot of make up, uses props in the right spots and meets you in places that aren´t well illuminated after you have had a few drinks.

Last edited:
I get the gameplay concept, but this is an open pvp world. So surely when the Gruesome Twosome Rescue company turn up to ferry you somehow to their repair shop. Isn't that going to mean that Dastardly and his Vulture squadron will have a turkey shoot that even they cannot miss? I can hear Muttley sniggering already.
One of the funniest presentations from CI in recent years was that mission on not-Tatootine, where the player could "approach it in multiple, independent ways". Commandos were drooling. I was like "how does this work in a fully persistence PvP verse where I can simply nuke the area from my not-Hercules?".

They literally tried to sell a single player experience within an environment that by design cannot accommodate it. Which means commandos will eat up anything, while proving CI is either great at marketing or not very good at game design. Or both.

masked-Indian-Princess-600.jpg

It's quite easy to program ramps, stairs and elevators too....doesn't stop CIG making it look incredibly hard though does it?
Hell no, it's the opposite. Where have you heard that's easy ? Elevators are hell to code, that's why almost every game just use fake elevators.
Real elevators are moving objects + doors. So when you know how doors are beloved by programmers, moving doors should give you a hint about the 'easy' task

Planning month has produced a plan to pour more money into Arena Commander. Because they don't know how to make an MMO.

This really is how it looks isn't it. Roadblocked for another year regarding meaningful PU progress, other resources drawn off into SQ42... Why not just polish the old modules instead? (The ones that you made to convince people you could build the full game ;))

---

Some fun bits from the vid:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhVg_ihBEII

1m - AC was 'the first game that we rolled out'

1m20s - 'There were those at Firesprite who wanted to continue to work with AC' [But not ToW? ;)]

4m25 - Tracy doesn't want to build a castle in the sky. So is starting with the front end presentation.... [Removing Flash lol]

8m35s - Front end important so first impression, and foundations, are sound...

10m30s - There was AI in one of the decorative stations in AC, lowering performance...

One of the funniest presentations from CI in recent years was that mission on not-Tatootine, where the player could "approach it in multiple, independent ways". Commandos were drooling. I was like "how does this work in a fully persistence PvP verse where I can simply nuke the area from my not-Hercules?".

They literally tried to sell a single player experience within an environment that by design cannot accommodate it. Which means commandos will eat up anything, while proving CI is either great at marketing or not very good at game design. Or both.
And now, you start to have in game some missions that works like that. Have you tried the last outpost missions ? I guess not 🙄

Last edited:
Being rescued in game by other players is something that exist in SC since a long time. Towing will just add another way (and a really fun one) for someone to help you. When you need rescue and are lost in the middle of nowhere, for the Vulture squadron to find you, they need you to tell them where you are...

Last edited:
This really is how it looks isn't it. Roadblocked for another year regarding meaningful PU progress, other resources drawn off into SQ42... Why not just polish the old modules instead? (The ones that you made to convince people you could build the full game ;))

---

Some fun bits from the vid:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhVg_ihBEII

1m - AC was 'the first game that we rolled out'

1m20s - 'There were those at Firesprite who wanted to continue to work with AC' [But not ToW? ;)]

4m25 - Tracy doesn't want to build a castle in the sky. So is starting with the front end presentation.... [Removing Flash lol]

8m35s - Front end important so first impression, and foundations, are sound...

10m30s - There was AI in one of the decorative stations in AC, lowering performance...
"Come on turkeys, turn around and bow we have some more to stuff you with you'll love it 😘"

Top Bottom