Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Persistent Effluent Spraying.

Todd Howard has said that Starfield will be "Skyrim in space". So maybe if you watch a few YouTube videos of Skyrim you'll get an idea of what to expect gameplay wise. The release date for Starfield is 6th September this year, so maybe we both might get to play it before time does us in. (couldn't find a grim reaper emoji)
It's amazing that a Bethesda space game is going to be Skyrim in space. Not the space sim that people thought it'd be. Shocking.

i mean 55fps isnt really anything to brag about, but i was hitting 70fps at orison.

pretty sure this is the best performance ive ever seen here in the 3.18.1 ptu. and there are a ton of people running around right here.

MQ8Lrl0.jpg

I'm more amazed the forum filter allows the word anal! I know it has actual non-ty uses but they've blocked less rude words.

LOL, case in point, s-m-u-t isn't allowed, which is not exactly an offensive word.

Watch me now get whacked for swear filter avoidance :rolleyes:
I'm sure it was you who gave me an advisory on this very forum for that same thing once upon a time...how did it go? 'Purposeful evasion of the swear filter'. I replaced a commonly used but crude and rather descriptive colloquialism in a post with a custom emoji which kinda visually portrayed the same idea :whistle:

Last edited:
Like it or not, you're going to stack boxes!

Something something immurshun.

It's died down a bit now, but a couple of years ago there were a few forumites (in the actual ED forums not here) who were complaining because loading 700 tons into a ship should take time and there should be a animation that showed the cargo loading. It didn't go down well when I suggested working out how long it should take to load a ton, say 2 minutes, then multiply that by 700 and just wait there until the required 23 hours has passed for loading before taking off and they could use thier imagination to imagine the forklifts running back and forth while they waited.

There's immersion and there's silly. Sure a special mission to grab a box and deliver it safely, get to carry the box, load a ship with 700 of the same boxes? Oops swear filter kicked in, apparantly anal is fine......, so anal off!

It's amazing that a Bethesda space game is going to be Skyrim in space. Not the space sim that people thought it'd be. Shocking.
I think I was not alone predicting exactly that, see the other thread about that game. Also having played every Bethesda release since Daggerfall I could safely predict that upon release this will be a broken mess that will need mods so we can properly enjoy it.

He's hitting right on target, I would add that for software in general it's actually much more difficult (and a lot more work) to achieve a simple design, rather than a huge convoluted mess. Newbie programmers typically fall in this trap (over-complicating things) but that's also true for industrial design, game design, and engineering in general. It's telling that we're in 2023 and CiG still have no idea where they are going for many core game aspects.

I'm sure it was you who gave me an advisory on this very forum for that same thing once upon a time...how did it go? 'Purposeful evasion of the swear filter'. I replaced a commonly used but crude and rather descriptive colloquialism in a post with a custom emoji which kinda visually portrayed the same idea :whistle:

Hah, quite possibly. Someone hits the report button, report appears on the mod list. Someone has to take it, and follow the rules laid down by FD. If we were unsure we'd escalate to Brett. There was this table of actions to take vs various rule breakages, so our hands were pretty much tied. At least it was just an advisory, not a ban :p

If you want to hear something funny, i got a ban while i was a moderator. Brett whacked me "for being a drunken potato" or something, after making a naughty post while drunk.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
i mean 55fps isnt really anything to brag about, but i was hitting 70fps at orison.

pretty sure this is the best performance ive ever seen here in the 3.18.1 ptu. and there are a ton of people running around right here.

MQ8Lrl0.jpg
Let´s have CIG decree that PTU is the new Live then! Who´s gonna know?! 😋

Last edited:
Todd Howard has said that Starfield will be "Skyrim in space". So maybe if you watch a few YouTube videos of Skyrim you'll get an idea of what to expect gameplay wise. The release date for Starfield is 6th September this year, so maybe we both might get to play it before time does us in. (couldn't find a grim reaper emoji)

and just to stay on topic...
Don't buy an Idris.

I think I was not alone predicting exactly that, see the other thread about that game. Also having played every Bethesda release since Daggerfall I could safely predict that upon release this will be a broken mess that will need mods so we can properly enjoy it.
Yeah, I don't think I've ever played a Bathesda game. I'm not into high fantasy stuff and Fallout wasn't my thing.
Tod Howard said a lot of things and having seen how Fallout 76 went I ranked him a few steps below Chris roberts, because he at least had plenty of games released in recent years and is currently active in the industry.

Chris Roberts on the other hand pretends to be an active game developer. To prove my point.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

1:13
"computers now a days" ???? I thought SC was supposed to be future prove, if he can't work computers years ago what hope doe he have in understanding furture computers?

Experiencing technical difficulties in playing the game he supposedly coded. Asking someone else to troubleshoot a game he had been micromanaging development for years. Compare the way the person who helped him type and the way he has to constantly look back at the keyboard at 6:20, you'd wonder if Chris Roberts is even computer literate again "computers now adays!".
16:37, looks surprised when the game he coded froze. Why is the daddy of space sim using a joypad and not the joystick by the way?
I wonder why he hadn't done anything like that anymore. He should be introducing and walk through every new features himself, he's the man in charge afterall, knows everything about game development.

I think I got derailed somewhete talking about Tod Howard and Starfield.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever played a Bathesda game. I'm not into high fantasy stuff and Fallout wasn't my thing.
Tod Howard said a lot of things and having seen how Fallout 76 went I ranked him a few steps below Chris roberts, because he at least had plenty of games released in recent years and is currently active in the industry.

Chris Roberts on the other hand pretends to be an active game developer. To prove my point.

"computers now a days" ???? I thought SC was supposed to be future prove, if he can't work computers years ago what hope doe he have in understanding furture computers?

Experiencing technical difficulties in playing the game he supposedly coded. Asking someone else to troubleshoot a game he had been micromanaging development for years. Compare the way the person who helped him type and the way he has to constantly look back at the keyboard at 6:20, you'd wonder if Chris Roberts is even computer literate again "computers now adays!".
16:37, looks surprised when the game he coded froze. Why is the daddy of space sim using a joypad and not the joystick by the way?
I wonder why he hadn't done anything like that anymore. He should be introducing and walk through every new features himself, he's the man in charge afterall, knows everything about game development.

Denis!!!!

I do not doubt one second that Bethesda will release something interesting. Maybe great, who knows, FO76 was a temporary lapse of reason, if we're being optimistic. While CiG will never release anything, by now it's past the point where they can make it work as intended. I dont think CRoberts has "played" his creation since that video: notice how during his live talks there's always someone else pretending to play (while the "game" on screen is an on-rails demo). Given the size of the ego of that person, and his narcissist tendencies, he would not take it well at all, when his character would be thrown out of bed towards a no-clip slow death, or fall through an elevator, etc.

7 Years ago..... Doesnt time fly!!

Back
Top Bottom