Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

The poll to expand or finish the PU was decided on the votes of less than 10% of backers, most of us didn't care or didn't know about the poll until the cultists started using it as an excuse for the endless feature creep...

So...55% of 10% ain't really a whole lotta folk :)

IIRC the stats at the time were 7% of backers voted, so only around 4% of backers voted for the expanded scope.

The poll to expand or finish the PU was decided on the votes of less than 10% of backers, most of us didn't care or didn't know about the poll until the cultists started using it as an excuse for the endless feature creep...

So...55% of 10% ain't really a whole lotta folk :)

If CIG pitched it right, and say, for example, only left the poll up for 24 hours, so only the most dedicated followers would see it, i'm sure they'd get the community to vote to ditch it. And then afterwards, anyone complaining would be hit with "The community voted to ditch it, you can't blame CIG!"

Just like with the polls to keep increasing the scope, because CR told the backers it wouldn't signficantly delay release (LOL) and with more money they could hire more devs to deliver stuff quicker (LOL), although with the second vote, it was a much closer run thing, with only 55% voting yes, the rest probably realizing what a load of twaddle CR was spouting.

And of course, ever since those votes, every time someone suggests CIG should have focused on delivering the original promises, they are hit with "the community voted for it", like its a trump card being played.

Well, the part of the "community" that voted for the expanded scope were gullible idiots.

Still, i don't think CR would want that vote, because i think for him, SQ42 is the real magnum opus. He gets to play movie director again, and SC is probably more of a means to an end (working on SQ42).
They should have sent out e-mail like pledgers were stock holders and ask them to all vote.
Does anyone know how long the voting was opened for?

3.18 currently giving the $15k perk / uber fighter away for free ;)

xcxiglddxisa1.jpg

found a random anvil f8 lighting just floating in space lmao

Bonus PES Watch

Every broken down and abandoned ship tells a story, but not always the one you might expect.

Here's an example:

Earlier in the 3.18 patch two weeks ago or so, one guy was here on reddit posting about how he was at some place with a full load of cargo and he just COULD NOT get it to sell no matter what he did and asking for advice. For the sake of argument he posted that he had X units of quantanium, nothing was working for the past hour and he was getting desperate.

WHILE he was still replying to people in that thread another guy started a thread explaining how he and another friend had just one hour ago come across the same model of ship floating abandoned in space and had claimed it. When they got to where they were going they were able to sell the cargo, which just happened to be X units of quantanium, and they were really happy about the discovery.

A database dev weighs in

And in an earlier thread

"alleged" database dev.

although at least this one did get a big eye roll from me and the 2nd screenshot is dead on.

still have to guess at what the actually architecture looks like. i would not be surprised if the reputation data was not part of the graph database. isnt really the type of data you'd store there. just generally an number that goes up. but could be.

Back
Top Bottom