Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Once again, you show a complete lack of understanding of how complex client-server applications work, while demonstrating an incredibly arrogant and naive belief in whatever you pull out of your rear end.
Lol. Explain me what is false in my sentence... Side note, I work with complex databases, I know what a database need from it's client to be happy :LOL:

SQ404 is Schrodinger's game.

As an aside, is SQ still the primary focus of CIG? If so, and if it's a solo/off-line game as our resident expect opines, then why are they doing any work on multiplayer aspects or persistence?

I note also that CIG have reportedly 'shifted their development focus' back and forth between SQ/SC numerous times through the years, in order to explain their rate/lack of progress. It Christmas (about three or four years ago) that SQ was 100% certain to be released, only for, in January, them stating that they needed to 'do some planning' first. In summary, I wouldn't believe a word they say.

Anywhoo, I'm bored of the mental gymnastics required to follow this glacial cluster-mess, so it's a very good job that the pub beckons.

Lol. Explain me what is false in my sentence...
Your sentence is not even false, it is for all practical reasons impossible to falsify as it contains barely anything more than wishful thinking. You have no access to the code base and backend systems built by CI. And the fact that you somehow feel it would be natural to run all these interacting services locally just to be able to save the game, is rather telling.

But then again, it is CI, so who knows, maybe this is exactly what they will do. Right after learning how to write installers.
Side note, I work with complex databases,
I don't think you do.

Last edited:
flMVunr.png

I was smart and waited until right before 3.0 came out in 2017. Once they had planetary landings down the game would be done in no time. No way it would still be in alpha years later.

Lol. Explain me what is false in my sentence... Side note, I work with complex databases, I know what a database need from it's client to be happy :LOL:
First hint. Game code (server or client) is very close to real time programming, which is often found on embedded systems. DBMS code and admin are light years removed from that. If you have never touched real time code, or industrial automation code (which works the same way) then no, you cant know what makes a game client-server code happy...
(edit) real time code and RTOS are very, very specific. Even if you've done 30 years of java code for banks or such it's nowhere close. Game code is real time code too, and follows the same rules.

Your sentence is not even false, it is for all practical reasons impossible to falsify as it contains barely anything more than wishful thinking. You have no access to the code base and backend systems built by CI. And the fact that you somehow feel it would be natural to run all these interacting services locally just to be able to save the game, is rather telling.
But then again, it is CI, so who knows, maybe this is exactly what they will do. Right after learning how to write installers.
I don't think you do.
That's what I though. You clearly think that CIG, a 700+ employee company, is completely unable to configure a solo game. It's rather telling...

First hint. Game code (server or client) is very close to real time programming, which is often found on embedded systems. DBMS code and admin are light years removed from that. If you have never touched real time code, or industrial automation code (which works the same way) then no, you cant know what makes a game client-server code happy...
(edit) real time code and RTOS are very, very specific. Even if you've done 30 years of java code for banks or such it's nowhere close. Game code is real time code too, and follows the same rules.
And ? Real time programming or not, it's just basic logic to understand that you switch off all unnecessary services from a multi software when you make a solo version of it. And that saying SQ42 will not run well because the servers of SC don't run well is just plainly stupid.

Back
Top Bottom