Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

This does not seem like it should be a thing that you work diligently on. Should be pretty easy.

J6ATFlb.png

Reddit's taking the news well
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/13s5g9c/zylohcig_on_ship_claim_timers_the_team_is_aware/

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/13s5g9c/zylohcig_on_ship_claim_timers_the_team_is_aware/jlo5o5r/

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/13s5g9c/zylohcig_on_ship_claim_timers_the_team_is_aware/jlo722c/

Did you see that recent CiG video where they showed something off (for SC) on a dev machine? The frame rate was really low and Jared's response was 'well, he's running the server on his own box' (as SQ42 will), and 'not all devs have the fastest PCs' (so, like player PCs). I hope it comes out soon ;)
This entire "SQ42 is SC, but offline" line is so ridiculous I cannot even. It makes no sense.

No, we just donā€™t know why SQ42 has been removed from sale, and simply offer two scenarios:

Given they have purposefully removed the sale / pre sale option for SQ42 (I.e. not a glitch or a simple price update) they may be either:
  • creating a completely separate entity to sell it (new site etc) or
  • giving up on it (at least for now) for some reason.
Which one you think it is? Or please offer any other scenarios that you may come up with by all means.
Exactly, ROTFLOL ! The second scenario is ridiculous but perfectly expected to be heard in this forum !
They just change the SQ42 page because the marketing department prepare the next commercial step about SQ42, nothing more.

Did you see that recent CiG video where they showed something off (for SC) on a dev machine? The frame rate was really low and Jared's response was 'well, he's running the server on his own box' (as SQ42 will), and 'not all devs have the fastest PCs' (so, like player PCs). I hope it comes out soon ;)
And ? SC server, even on a local machine, is still configured in full multiplayer mode with all components used for multiplayer. SQ42 is in solo mode... you can completely shut down every part of the server which is not in managing visible parts to the player and completely remove all parts managing what other players do.

No, we just donā€™t know why SQ42 has been removed from sale, and simply offer two scenarios:

Given they have purposefully removed the sale / pre sale option for SQ42 (I.e. not a glitch or a simple price update) they may be either:
  • creating a completely separate entity to sell it (new site etc) or
  • giving up on it (at least for now) for some reason.
Which one you think it is? Or please offer any other scenarios that you may come up with by all means.

Yes, there is a third option, even if it is the least likely.

SQ42 has been what? $45? they might actually be getting ready to release it in 6 moths or so and its going to be $75, so they want to take it off sale, not that its selling.... and then introduce its full price when it launches.

Hides

Yes, there is a third option, even if it is the least likely.

SQ42 has been what? $45? they might actually be getting ready to release it in 6 moths or so and its going to be $75, so they want to take it off sale, not that its selling.... and then introduce its full price when it launches.

Hides
Unfortunately, anyone who's been reading the Monthly Sq42 Reports (totally not generated by ChatGPT) can see that the game is still years away from being ready.

And ? SC server, even on a local machine, is still configured in full multiplayer mode with all components used for multiplayer. SQ42 is in solo mode... you can completely shut down every part of the server which is not in managing visible parts to the player and completely remove all parts managing what other players do.
Once again, you show a complete lack of understanding of how complex client-server applications work, while demonstrating an incredibly arrogant and naive belief in whatever you pull out of your rear end.

That's got to be a bug, yes that should work.

I've just thought about this and i think i know what's going on here.

The cargo grid snap thingy does not activate until you let go of the box, there is a slight delay, with it being vertical it could just be falling off the grid before it gets a chance to grab it.

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Exactly, ROTFLOL ! The second scenario is ridiculous but perfectly expected to be heard in this forum !
Think you misunderstood. Ā« Giving up on it Ā» is referring to giving up on selling it (at least for now), not giving up on SQ42 altogether. I mean that could also be the case but that could happen with or without a sales point anyways.

They just change the SQ42 page because the marketing department prepare the next commercial step about SQ42, nothing more.
So I see you think they have removed it from sale so to put it back on sale again šŸ˜‹

Why not then simply leave it as it was and change to the new Ā« commercial step Ā» when ready? Why make it impossible to buy SQ42 now and deny yourself some perfectly good sales?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom