Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Heard from Sean Tracy and Tony Z today.

It's interesting to me that they avoid giving any actual useful numbers. "10x higher than normal" or "50% more uniques" is pretty damn meaningless without a baseline :)

Spectrum mods (CIG employees) have you tagged as a troublemaking FUD spreader :eek:
They're developing a sense of humour at least...I popped into concierge chat where one of the other regulars asked where I had been of late... or had I just been banned again...I replied that I hadn't been banished... for a change... but I was sure that [Mod name] would soon sort that right out.

...Banned for an hour for discussing mod decisions in public with a smiley emoji attached to the PM :rolleyes:

Last edited:
They're developing a sense of humour at least...I popped into concierge chat where one of the other regulars asked where I had been of late... or had I just been banned again...I replied that I hadn't been banished... for a change... but I was sure that [Mod name] would soon sort that right out.

...Banned for an hour for discussing mod decisions in public with a smiley emoji attached to the PM :rolleyes:

Quality.

There is a captain, and his wife, one is a salesman and the other wants to be an actress. Neither knows how to sail and are too busy searching for Hollywood on the navigation chart.
3xsniea9mr741.png

I knew the pic, but didn't remember the quote. Did he really say that?

Yup.

The usual counter is that Sandi bought the holiday for CR for his birthday and that it wasn't paid for with backers funds. Problem is, CR wasn't saying anything about who paid for the holiday or for what reasons, just that he didn't think backers would be happy if he was doing things like that while developing the game with their money. That there should in effect be no yachts for him until her delivers a product.

Yup.

The usual counter is that Sandi bought the holiday for CR for his birthday and that it wasn't paid for with backers funds. Problem is, CR wasn't saying anything about who paid for the holiday or for what reasons, just that he didn't think backers would be happy if he was doing things like that while developing the game with their money. That there should in effect be no yachts for him until her delivers a product.

They both get "executive salaries" and the numbers about Erin's remuneration before bonuses was significant (around £236k I believe), there is no reason to believe that what Chris describes as a "normal c-suite executive" salary is peanuts and remarkable for a crowd funded "start-up" that has never delivered a product. How on earth could anyone think that the money Chris and his family is taking home isn't paying for a very nice lifestyle straight out of backers funds?

Last edited:
I think that this is a very real concern. My hope is that without the Master of Meddling in charge that the technical leads can get on doing what they know needs to be done, and doing it correctly. The obvious problem would be if they have to rip out too much of what's already been done, is there the time, money and will to rework. Or does the horse have a broken leg?
My take as a dev: the leg was broken long ago, replaced by various wooden struts held together with duct tape. It will never run properly. This engine was never made to make a space game, and even less a MMOG. Everyone can make mistakes, but that one was blatant maybe 1 year into development, and by then they should have retreated on CE and started their own bespoke engine. But guess who took the decision to go with CE and has way too huge an ego to admit he was wrong...

Live Twitch stream ongoing...discussing FM changes etc in 3.10.

(gave up trying to post a link...really despise Twitch)

Last edited:
They both get "executive salaries" and the numbers about Erin's remuneration before bonuses was significant (around £236k I believe), there is no reason to believe that what Chris describes as a "normal c-suite executive" salary is peanuts and remarkable for a crowd funded "start-up" that has never delivered a product. How on earth could anyone think that the money Chris and his family is taking home isn't paying for a very nice lifestyle straight out of backers funds?

Not just Chris but his entire inner circle, including friends from his tax manipulating movie days. Everyone's paid and set.

Back
Top Bottom