Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Last edited:
Another thing about this Tali torp business. It's a repeat example of the PU being an anti-test environment.

If they are indeed firewalling it to $$$ only, just like the Hull C etc etc before it, only a tiny subset of buyers will get to test the new tech. By the time it finally rolls around for in-game purchase any glaring issues will already be lost on the long list...

And this annoys me, because I want to see videos of it breaking ;)

heh, the guy that started the leaks discord quit

image.png

heh, the guy that started the leaks discord quit

image.png

According to this leak Star Citizen will:
  1. Launch in 2 years with a severely reduced scope
  2. A minimum viable product
  3. 5 star systems: Stanton, Pyro, Castra, Nyx and Terra.
  4. Each star system has a single landing zone
  5. Bespoke narrative content 10-20 hours
If they launch SC like this as a full game it would exclude 95 star systems that were mentioned during the Kickstarter and funding goals: "Star Citizen will launch with 100 star systems." What about all those unfinished concept ships? Could CIG get sued for not fulfilling their Kickstarter and funding goal obligations? Many gaming journalists would give SC a low score.

Last edited:
"Make it make sense!" - Yes, please, someone explain to me how this keeps going!
Yeah think the only new thing he's added there is the full system list and the '1 base per system' thing.

(Think whatever doc he's seen is the same as my guy's for sure. Seems to be some internal roadmap of sorts.)

(PS he'll totally be back ;))
That's 2 confirmations then, are we approaching 5 sigma yet?

Starfield interiors are well integrated and really quite "useful" in terms of gameplay. The lone fact that you can board and fight inside is a major keypoint here. Not to mention the game in the game of designing ships.

You see I would be fine with megaship interiors that could be invaded on foot and fought through against either human, Thargoid or AI enemies with objectives and such, a sort of ground combat in space type of thing, but the big difference between ED and Starfield is that singleplayer/multiplayer divide, having other players invade my ships would be just another annoyance, another forced PvP interaction that I am not interested in, so our own ship interiors would not be useful in that regard, it would be just another ganker tactic for players to complain about. So I don't really think you can brring that sort of gameplay to ED, sad as it might seem to some players. But exploration and combat in megaships and other abandoned ship sure.

You see I would be fine with megaship interiors that could be invaded on foot and fought through against either human, Thargoid or AI enemies with objectives and such, a sort of ground combat in space type of thing, but the big difference between ED and Starfield is that singleplayer/multiplayer divide,

Starfield is singleplayer only, but if they make a sequel It'll probably have a multiplayer mode, not 3 different modes like ED to separate a game session from other players.

having other players invade my ships would be just another annoyance, another forced PvP interaction that I am not interested in, so our own ship interiors would not be useful in that regard, it would be just another ganker tactic for players to complain about. So I don't really think you can brring that sort of gameplay to ED, sad as it might seem to some players. But exploration and combat in megaships and other abandoned ship sure.

I also don't like some things in MMOs, but that's the nature of the game. Chances that you meet other players is very low in ED, because players are spread out. You can play in solo or private group if you don't want that to happen.

Last edited:
I bought a new ship... To make this topical, staring too long into CiGs pricing model makes it really easy to justify buying DLC that costs more than the base game for other sims. Also, the F-4 has too many struts!

Attachments

• Screen_240522_191444.jpg
    Screen_240522_191444.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Screen_240522_191918.jpg
    Screen_240522_191918.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 32
Top Bottom