Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

It suggests a solution to the 'why do they keep shipping a broken game?' question - maybe it is multiple teams trying to get their work scheduled by keeping bugs obvious.

Dysfunctional - but more believable than the devs not realising / 'you just need a higher server frame rate'

Yeah it's become pretty clear from Glassdoors, leaks, and even CIG vids, that nigh every branch of design is frustrated at 'Feature X coming soon / Feature Y fixed soon' claims proving endlessly unreliable etc.

The evo trip reports are coming in...

Most focus is on TTK tho...

'Time to Kit' ;)

Tried the new 3.24 Storage banks, my feedback on more steps just to equip gear

I can see plenty of fidelity whales being fine with this. (And these hangars are great for cosmetics sales, and time sinks you can pay to skip... for all those future 'craft an Idris' dreams...)

The casual end of the $45 pool though? I reckon CIG's retention / onboarding numbers are about to take another hit...
So the game truly is P2W now, in every regard.

Pay to Wait.

Fairly sure its become Pay to Pay Again
How about pay to paint?

I know we all like to complain about inflationary arx prices and expensive but borked ex-Legacy paint jobs in Elite (and rightly so), but Star Citizen has it down to a fine, perverse art:
IMG_2445.jpeg

How about pay to paint?

I know we all like to complain about inflationary arx prices and expensive but borked ex-Legacy paint jobs in Elite (and rightly so), but Star Citizen has it down to a fine, perverse art:
View attachment 395988
$137.06 from $195.80
Anyone know what's with the $0.80? Is it simply to give the impression they didn't arbitarily come up with that number?
I swear they put more effort into making this whole scheme look legitimate than actually developing the game.

Lolll

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrGtP8HBwNo&t=772s

What we really want to do also is balance out gameplay with the visuals. I mean in the past we've seen a lot of focus being spent on the visuals and less so on the content. This needs to switch around and find an even plane.

Think maybe this experienced 2022 hire doesn't quite know where he's working yet 😁

Last edited:
$137.06 from $195.80
Anyone know what's with the $0.80? Is it simply to give the impression they didn't arbitarily come up with that number?
I swear they put more effort into making this whole scheme look legitimate than actually developing the game.
I would guess it is currency conversion leading to the weird price. Here in Canada, when PlayStation Store has sales, there are tons of games with prices like $14.82 or $7.63 due to the jacking-up of CDN prices and then applying a straight percentage discount to that price.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
It suggests a solution to the 'why do they keep shipping a broken game?' question - maybe it is multiple teams trying to get their work scheduled by keeping bugs obvious.

Dysfunctional - but more believable than the devs not realising / 'you just need a higher server frame rate'

Here comes our regular reminder that even CIG´s leadership has candidly admitted that they do not give a monkey´s rear about delivering a broken product and will likely not fix most of the game breaking issues we see:

min 09:10
Source: https://youtu.be/5aKLh18TPpE?t=550

"... you tend to focus on Class A crashing bugs as your priority. You know you can't let a game go out that's going to crash... but what we found of course is the players who are actually actively playing your game they can live with a lot of those stability issues if they know that fly here, click that button, do this thing the game crashes, well they just won't do it, they'll just avoid that"

- Carl Jones, COO of Cloud Imperium Games

Last edited:
Here comes our regular reminder that even CIG´s leadership has candidly admitted that they do not give a monkey´s rear about delivering a broken product and will likely not fix most of the game breaking issues we see:

"... you tend to focus on Class A crashing bugs as your priority. You know you can't let a game go out that's going to crash... but what we found of course is the players who are actually actively playing your game they can live with a lot of those stability issues if they know that fly here, click that button, do this thing the game crashes, well they just won't do it, they'll just avoid that"

I've got my own way of avoiding all their bugs and, best of all, it's not cost me a shiny penny.

LOL, they absoloutely do not do Agile development no matter what the claim.

Top Bottom