Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Lol, CIG is indeed a Schrödinger’s developer. It is doing this, the opposite and all at the same time as deemed necessary.

What a joke. Most players following this shameful displays are probably long past spending any more money and playing SC very sporadically at best. I suspect the ones still really spending are for the most part players who don’t follow the news much or don’t know better and grey market speculators / money launderers.
If I am ML1 and you are ML2 we can basically just keep trading assets to and fro and gradually wash the money perpetually. I could see that as a driving force to keep this crapshow going.

Awesome news! That means in the next monthly report they'll detail how they'll build a team to conceptualise how to film the failure of planning the roadmap to the plan for the roadmap of the roadmap of the progress tracker.

MZA70XB.png

Evo currently reliably broken...

Replicable issues in the current patch:

• Elevators to personal hangars at 3 of 4 spaceports stopped working on shard 050 for multiple hours
  • When ASOP in personal hangar is used, it freezes up when trying to pull a second vehicle. Logging to menu and back to same shard resolves this.
  • When attempting to exit personal hangar in a medium ship from a large hangar, only one of the two doors opens.
  • Cargo / freight elevators have consistently not worked (terminal not interactable) at all times in personal hangars.
  • Ground vehicles not spawning in the garage at Microtech (The Commons), but instead in random corridors/locations nearby.
  • Graphical glitches in multiple elevators showing ‘the world outside’ instead of the elevator interior.
  • Server stability has been relatively solid with only a couple of crashes over multiple hours.

Cargo Hauling Missions

- I was finally able to beat the servers and my cargo was ready to be collect. It showed as 2 SCU container 8. When I try to retrieve it the cargo elevator made the right sounds but nothing appeared and when I returned to the terminal the containers had disappeared. Then suddenly there were 2x SCU container 10. I then just moved one container and suddenly there were six containers ready for collection. This was the right amount I needed for the mission so I went to deliver those but unfortunately at 5KM; I was kicked back to the docking port of the space station while my ship remained in space.

Last edited:
Oh and talking of big spenders, thought this guy was something else...

Im legatus [$25k spent] and i log in like once every couple months..

The bugs are so bad all my friends i brought in stopped playing, im scared to get anyone else to play until everything is working better because of what happened with them.. smh

im fine waiting vs ruining the experience, any progress we make will be lost, i dont feel like dealing with bugs for no reason.. if they do an event with a reward ill jump in, i did for the f7a, but not the xeno armor (if it was the heavy i would have)

until we are closer ill play completed games like elden ring etc..

If I am ML1 and you are ML2 we can basically just keep trading assets to and fro and gradually wash the money perpetually. I could see that as a driving force to keep this crapshow going.
Not perpetually. Clever CIG.
"Game packages, standalone ships and other pledge store items may be gifted once. This is counted as once per item and not once per item for every account the item passes through.
Pledges valued above $1,000 cannot be gifted and need to stay on the account that placed the order. Should you require more information please contact Customer Support."

You could probably keep selling and buying credits, though. Buy from the farmers with hot money, sell at a small loss to other players from a cool account. The credit transfers happen inside CIG's database. They might not realise that they're a bank now.

Last edited:
Not perpetually. Clever CIG.
"Game packages, standalone ships and other pledge store items may be gifted once. This is counted as once per item and not once per item for every account the item passes through.
Pledges valued above $1,000 cannot be gifted and need to stay on the account that placed the order. Should you require more information please contact Customer Support."

You could probably keep selling and buying credits, though. Buy from the farmers with hot money, sell at a small loss to other players from a cool account. The credit transfers happen inside CIG's database. They might not realise that they're a bank now.
That should impede laundering quite a bit.
The credit selling would see the money transact outside CIG influence. Piling up virtual pixel money doesn't constitute a bank yet.

The credit selling would see the money transact outside CIG influence. Piling up virtual pixel money doesn't constitute a bank yet.
I'm no expert in hiding money tracks. I'd imagine tracing the transactions would end up at the farmers. Finding the corresponding aUEC would need cooperation from both the farmers, if they kept a record which RSI account bought the credits, and CIG. The aUEC would be offered on trading sites at lower prices, funneling clean money from players into another real bank account. Only CIG could tell who bought them and the buyers would need to provide the transaction details to find the target account.

The first half was soemthing to build on. The second half makes me wish the Spanish Inquisition utterly destroys them.
Do I go to an english pub or a spanish bar? Both throw good parties if they win.

I'm no expert in hiding money tracks. I'd imagine tracing the transactions would end up at the farmers. Finding the corresponding aUEC would need cooperation from both the farmers, if they kept a record which RSI account bought the credits, and CIG. The aUEC would be offered on trading sites at lower prices, funneling clean money from players into another real bank account. Only CIG could tell who bought them and the buyers would need to provide the transaction details to find the target account.
The creds would just be transferred by donation or however it is possible to transfer them. It all depends on the ability to transfer game items to another account. The payment in real dolla is separate from that, I don't reckon CIG runs a transaction settlement system for real money transfers between third parties - such a service would indeed be bank-like financial service, but it would also be somewhat heavily supervised by local financial authorities - something I'm sure CIG would want to avoid.
Do I go to an english pub or a spanish bar? Both throw good parties if they win.
How could I tell without disappointing one party? I know: You go to German party and get NOTHING! Maybe a beer.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
That should impede laundering quite a bit.
Nah, that wouldn´t impede it per se. Potential launderers can just continue buying actual bona fide jpgs from CIG with dodgy money, then sell them in the grey market as usual. Only need to do it once to clear the money. It may actually reduce their profit margins slightly given they would be buying directly from CIG at CIG prices. But I have not seen a significant decrease in transaction numbers so far at least in the trades sub. I suspect a decent chunk of CIG turnover has the potential to be linked to this.

Last edited:
Our national rugby team isn't bad...thanks in part to a few talented Sud Afrikaaners and a sprinkling of Maori blood here and there of course. Their grandparents once used the public loo at Waverly station when on holiday or something...instant qualification for Scottish citizenship if you're a rugby player :)

I mean...we nicked Duhan van der Merwe, Willem Nel, Jaco Van der Walt, Oli Kebble and Pierre Schoeman from the Springboks fer goodness sake :whistle:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom