Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Surprised Star Citizen/Squadron 404 isn't on this list, though I can't wait to see it out fidelity all of these by massive orders of degrees:

Truly the gaming community does not deserve the greatness that the games industry savior Chris Roberts promises.

I don't think ultra realism incorporates the idea of random explosions.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEk0M19dc4w

image.png

I have a fair beast of a machine (R7 7800x3d/RX 7900xtx/64Gb DDR5) so SC doesn't look or run that bad...relatively :)

Strangely enough, besides the well documented stuff that just plain doesn't work, I suffer very few of the commonly reported physics related bugs either. I still swear that streamers are doing something different to us ordinary regular players 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I still swear that streamers are doing something different to us ordinary regular players 🤷‍♂️

I have no way of knowing for sure, but I'd guess there are a lot of streams out there running on commodity gigabit hardware, not multihomed to shunt off other traffic, nor appropriately employing QOS, an ordinary consumer ISP with a cheeky little potato router, and garnished with some sponsored VPN silliness.

<chefs kiss> They have Star Citizen installed on a Quantum Bigfoot.

Strangely enough, besides the well documented stuff that just plain doesn't work, I suffer very few of the commonly reported physics related bugs either. I still swear that streamers are doing something different to us ordinary regular players 🤷‍♂️

If you were to play this patch you'd almost certainly boom tho ;)

The ship-disassemblies are rife everywhere, across reddit etc. There's something rattling around in the core of the game there...

If you were to play this patch you'd almost certainly boom tho ;)

The ship-disassemblies are rife everywhere, across reddit etc. There's something rattling around in the core of the game there...
I still haven't done my hotas binds so I've been flying turret with Badger...apart from his ship randomly powering off yesterday in atmo resulting in us plummeting to our ultimate demise, the few simple mission things we did worked OK(ish)...no strangeness from hangar doors or lifts or anything. 🤷‍♂️

We play every couple of days or so... if he can get me in the mood or drag me away from whatever else I'm playing...or bear to suffer his incessant whining about me setting my hotas up and stop making excuses as to why I'm not playing SC :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I still haven't done my hotas binds so I've been flying turret with Badger...apart from his ship randomly powering off yesterday in atmo resulting in us plummeting to our ultimate demise, the few simple mission things we did worked OK(ish)...no strangeness from hangar doors or lifts or anything. 🤷‍♂️

We play every couple of days or so... if he can get me in the mood or drag me away from whatever else I'm playing...or bear to suffer his incessant whining about me setting my hotas up and stop making excuses as to why I'm not playing SC :rolleyes:
Ships randomly powering off would concern me quite. Doesn't need to be a non-working lift to destroy a play session and that's basically what counts - undisturbed play sessions.

apart from his ship randomly powering off yesterday in atmo resulting in us plummeting to our ultimate demise

Oh I'd seen a few of these. Wasn't sure if they were user error or like actual gameplay or something. (Like accrued damage to ship or something). Everyone did seem surprised though 😁

(Part of me is convinced the Engineering code has somehow escaped into the main branch. Could explain some of the odder ones ;))

Back
Top Bottom