Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Backers try their hardest to convince themselves that EA called the new Star Wars game "Squadrons" because of SQ42.

And from that thread...

The combat you see is staged, and you don't even get a full dogfight sequence from start to finish.

You see, you can make the exact same kind of trailer today, with Star Citizen. That trailer tells us absolutely nothing about how the game is going to feel or how combat is going to flow. Don't fall for it.

Come on son, you're so close to awareness. You're almost there. Just take the next step and you'll be free!

Cool, let us know how it plays 😉

Think I’ll pass...

Known Issues
  • [EPILEPSY WARNING] The Players screen can appear to flip rapidly whilst QTing to Surface Locations.
  • GrimHex hangar elevators currently do not function. (Workaround: Avoid Grimhex)
  • Player has a chance to die when spawning into PU
  • Game will crash when repairing / servicing a ship
  • Client will crash when attempting to charge an EMP within a ship
  • Clicking on an empty space in the personal commodity inventory will cause the client to crash
  • Etc etc etc

Playing a pre-pre-alpha doesn’t sound like fun...

As for me...still can't get SC to load as it still crashes at the splash screen despite 3 days of attempting to root out whatever hardware or software change actually made it break and is preventing it from loading. I've also discovered that most Star Citizen 'experts' assume that if Star Citizen is broken, it's somehow something wrong with my PC even when it's the only piece of software on my entire system that's been broken by whatever changes a new set of drivers or a Windows update made to it. It's certainly unique to my PC since my mate with an almost identical rig can log in to my account and play SC using my login details...but it's Star Citizen exclusively that's decided not to work...not my system, anything plugged into it or without exception, anything else installed on it.

I was banned from Spectrum again after one particularly anal-retentive ****wit kept on insisting that it was crashing simply because Star Citizens programming is so far ahead of the bleeding edge of technology, even slight changes to an OS would detrimentally affect it... I won't repeat my reply here.

In the meantime...I'm playing everything else that isn't Star Citizen...including this which has captured my attention.

Last edited:
Will do mate...I've tried about everything...even some ridiculous suggestions.

This is what's happening... I've changed nothing on my system since the last time I played...Windows update and Nvidia drivers are the only exception I can think of...rolled both of them back but still got the error. Game.log file shows a weird exception error but nothing else...windows event viewer shows nothing. I'm stumped.

Last edited:
Will do mate...I've tried about everything...even some ridiculous suggestions.

This is what's happening... I've changed nothing on my system since the last time I played...Windows update and Nvidia drivers are the only exception I can think of...rolled both of them back but still got the error. Game.log file shows a weird exception error but nothing else...windows event viewer shows nothing. I'm stumped.

Perhaps your computer is trying to tell you something that even your best friends won't? ;)

Top Bottom