Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

So, It took CRobber a whole year to make v0.5 of roadmap. Given that he numbers an alpha as 3.xx, this roadmap is not even an alpha. How would one call it then? I think scam is just the word.

Hang on, wasn't there supposed to be a beta already?
There will be no beta of SQ42. No roadmap for it, no video, no demo, no nothing. And you will have to pay in advance. Let CRobber, the CEO of most transparent company ever, speak for himself: "It is better to treat Squadron 42 like a beautifully wrapped present under the tree that you are excited to open on Christmas Day, not knowing exactly what is inside, other than that it’s going to be great... I have decided that it is best to not show Squadron 42 gameplay publicly"

But fear not! We will be feed with lots of lies: "This does not mean we will stop communicating our progress on Squadron 42. We will continue with our monthly reports for Squadron 42, and we will also share our current development progress in our New Roadmap". In fact it already started, as we are promised to get info about current progress from roadmap, as if roadmap is a synonym to diary.

His letter is so full of contradictory statements and outright lies one can make a whole new album of "famous quotes" on imgur, bigger than the current one.

Like I said, whole thing is a scam, and the scammer is getting desperate: he ran out of flashy things to distract us with and has to replace them with speeches of grandeur, hoping to keep his spice flowing.

Last edited:
The roadmap shows work on the Nyx system starting Q2 2021. It also shows work on the Pyro system starting Q3 2021.

Their own roadmap shows they haven't added any planets or moons since eight months ago.

Could @LittleAnt give us a new estimate of when he thinks the first ten systems will be completed?
They do planets of system before the system (seems to be different teams).
Pyro planets have been worked this year. The task you see on Q3 2021 is the completion of Pyro system.

For your question, I don't know.

They do planets of system before the system (seems to be different teams).
Pyro planets have been worked this year. The task you see on Q3 2021 is the completion of Pyro system.

For your question, I don't know.

Do you have a source that proves what you are saying. Beyond CIG saying "We are working on it" You know we don't really trust what CIG say, and even what they show can be highly misleading.

Until we actually see something in game, its hard to believe anything CIG say or backers proclaim to be the truth.

I mean, have they, at any time, shown a full Pyro planet, even in a model viewer?

I mean, have they, at any time, shown a full Pyro planet, even in a model viewer?
They said they were working on planets earlier this year. We only have seen screenshots of surface.
ECity have missed also the Pyro task in "Live mission content team" that is currently running. Hard to work on this task if you don't have at least one planet done.

I was going to say “time to update the chart”, but it turns out I already did and this “news” mostly confirmed it. :D
DevTimes.png

They said they were working on planets earlier this year. We only have seen screenshots of surface.
ECity have missed also the Pyro task in "Live mission content team" that is currently running. Hard to work on this task if you don't have at least one planet done.
In other words, there is pretty much zero evidence of them working on planets. And no, you don't actually need planets to do any “live content” — for one, there is nothing that dictates that this content is tied to planets in any way, and for another, it can be tested on any round body surface irrespective of what system it's supposed to end up in. The “source” for your claim are some very flimsy assumptions on your part and nothing else.

Last edited:
"Narrative". You missed "narrative". What they mean is that they just tell a story about making a game. It's all just fiction.
Weeeeeell…
The whole point of the “narrative” as a linguistic construction is that by saying it, it becomes real — the discourse dictates, as much as it reflects, reality. And maybe that's what CI¬G is banking on, except as usual, they have no idea what the words they use actually mean and they forgot that this only holds true for social-linguistic constructions and thoughts, not actual products. :p

Isn't it better that CIG take their time to make the roadmap and get it right rather than rushing out a buggy and unflished roadmap like.... erm..... nope, i'm lost now. I've never seen a company release a tier 0 roadmap before.
Shut up and take my money!!!
sandi.jpeg

Last edited:
The task you see on Q3 2021 is the completion of Pyro system.
No, it is not for "completion", which would mean players could visit the system in game. The roadmap actually says "Completing the initial foundational work needed to implement the Pyro System into the game." It's foundational work.

Previously you estimated CIG could work at a rate of:
...0.5 stellar object/person/month...
So why is this task 13 weeks?
nyx.jpg

That's just work on missions, not planets.

if I am reading right their financial report, at the end of 2019 they have already spent all bakckers money and stay afloat only thanks to the 60M $ from Calders.
If it is right I can't understand why the white knights continue to support this scam.
Look at the bright side: it would have happened sooner if they were as good with maths as the 2018–2019 calculations suggest… :p

Top Bottom