Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

So I'm reading CIG's New Roadmap Caveats intro page. It states:
We are displaying 20 teams (out of the 50 teams currently present at Cloud Imperium Games) for the launch of our new Roadmap. These are all core feature and content teams (excluding the Core Tech Group) that are upstream in development.

We plan to add our Core Tech Group to the Progress Tracker in January, and the downstream teams shortly after that. After that’s done, we will continue to update the new Roadmap as work completes, new projects come online, and any changes occur to progress and priorities.

In other words, it only shows what 40% of their teams are doing. Which means estimating actual deliverable dates using this roadmap will be useless. This is classic CIG, releasing a partly finished roadmap/ship/function/game, just to meet a deadline or funding goal. So let's see when they add those remaining 60% of teams. I predict about 6 more months, or never, since by then they will ditch this roadmap citing that they can do better.

Reading further:
Please note that the first delivery of the Progress Tracker is actually v0.5. We still have many features & improvements in store for the Progress Tracker before we would call it complete.

That changes my mind. This roadmap will never be completed. They'll ditch it second half of 2021. (Now on to the "roadmap" itself...)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...the Mandalorian and his chunky sidekick have a smoke break whilst waiting for ships to respawn after the first inevitable 30k of the evening.

Jizc2eu.png

Then went off to seek out new found wealth in the facelifted and dashingly black Jolly Roger Pirate Caterpillar...

amLcfqU.png

Last edited:
Really curious to read your analysis about this new roadmap when it will be online guys.

I've had a look. I won't give extended feedback mainly because I prefer to maintain Christmas cheer :). The only general observation I'll make is that all 20 main development headings have tasks that extend to the end of 2021, at which time the roadmap cuts off. So instead, some questions for you...

Does the new roadmap give you any idea of when SQ42 will release?
If so, can you point to the parts of the roadmap that give that info?

I've had a look. I won't give extended feedback mainly because I prefer to maintain Christmas cheer :). The only general observation I'll make is that all 20 main development headings have tasks that extend to the end of 2021, at which time the roadmap cuts off. So instead, some questions for you...

Does the new roadmap give you any idea of when SQ42 will release?
If so, can you point to the parts of the roadmap that give that info?
That's like asking someone to brush their teeth with a football boot ;)

Then went off to seek out new found wealth in the facelifted and dashingly black Jolly Roger Pirate Caterpillar...
Hey, are trade terminals working reliably now ? I wasted my time on that previous patch trying to find anything that would work, seems they all went down the same path as other "forgotten" features along with the New Babbage spaceport lifts (are these fixed yet ?) or the Refuel & Repair (still was not working on patch 3.12.0).
I still have quite a few interesting side stories to complete in CP2077 before i can look at anything else.. but i may have a look at the newer patch if at least space trucking is fixed.

Hey, are trade terminals working reliably now ? I wasted my time on that previous patch trying to find anything that would work, seems they all went down the same path as other "forgotten" features along with the New Babbage spaceport lifts (are these fixed yet ?) or the Refuel & Repair (still was not working on patch 3.12.0).
I still have quite a few interesting side stories to complete in CP2077 before i can look at anything else.. but i may have a look at the newer patch if at least space trucking is fixed.
Refuelling and repair at New Babbage is still hit and miss but works fine everywhere else, the lifts are fine at NB too. The trade terminals are all working...except for the cargo decks of course. The patch so far is more stable than previous offerings...One 30k in 5 hours...which is a record for Ci¬G of late. The server I was on only had 14 players when it crashed out... I hauled cargo for the majority of tonight with little issue, hauling agricium with the MSR up at Microtec...made around 500k profit in just a few runs from Calliope and Clio to the TDD at New Babbage. I got the Cat out after the server 30k'd and shuffled some titanium from Arial to the CBD at Lorville for an hour or so before logging off.

Mining improvements are all working fine, refineries are a decent addition if you're a miner, less bugs than usual besides the ones with birthdays...all in all, a decent patch if like me, you weren't expecting that much in the first place :)

Last edited:
So according to their own books, they would be sunk without that $60m investment from the Calders. We saw that before with the last accounting they gave us, but that's a solid yikes. 90 days tops (if we don't find a billionaire to invest!), indeed.
That was obvious to anyone with their eyes open. You don't take investment if "everything is awesome". I'm amazed the Calders went all-in. Let's see if it happens a third time.

Letter from the Chairman

Financials

You’ll note that the first delivery of the Progress Tracker is actually v0.5.

Tier 0 roadmap!

Also its 100% clear SQ42 is nowhere near being in a releasable state.

If you’ve been following Star Citizen for years, you’ll notice that 2020 was an unprecedented year with explosive growth.

No, i didn't notice that Chris.

Regarding the roadmap, looks like they plan out up to a year ahead. I hope someone will track the tracker to see what gets delayed/pushed back/removed.

I'd say its much worse for getting an at-a-glance view of what is coming with all those expandable rows. Its like some sort of poorly viewable Gantt chart.

From what i can see though, it once again reinforces the understanding that SC isn't going to be ready for release for years yet, but i think we all knew that anyway.

Keep pledging citizens.

The roadmap shows work on the Nyx system starting Q2 2021. It also shows work on the Pyro system starting Q3 2021.

Their own roadmap shows they haven't added any planets or moons since eight months ago.

Could @LittleAnt give us a new estimate of when he thinks the first ten systems will be completed?

Hah to all those backers talking about secret dev builds and how CIG have stuff in the background they are working on and how new systems are coming soon.

Finally, my Polaris won't clean itself.

View attachment 201777

There is seriously going to be mop and bucket gameplay? CIG are now parodying themselves?

Let's be precise here. They said they shifted towards a "Playable Now" narrative. That says nothing about whether they shifted towards a "Playable Now" game.

In other words, this only says what they tell people.

What it does seem to show is that they've dropped any pretense that what they tell people is the same as the reality. The wording they use is quite extraordinary. It's almost like they don't care if they come across as snake oil salesmen.

Top Bottom