Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Not really, hey, but to each their concerns right?

I'm struggling to understand why. Backers love to talk about how they are investors in the project.

Investors generally speaking want to do due dilligence before they invest and keep an eye on the company making sure they are using their money wisely. They want a ROI. Normally its monetary, in this case, its a game or two.

As an "investor" you really should be very interested in everything CIG say and do, not just in whether they have implemented toilet mechanics or are simulating airflow through ships.

papers+paychecks+paycheques+pay+cheques+will+mclean+dmg+dungeons+dragons+cartoon.JPG

Ah today was DMing a 1e game
Love the art in the old books

Boots are too clean. Rubbish Rubber Roberts fidelity.
There was a typo, fixed it.
There was a typo, fixed it. And the pixel color too.

Over 100 memes of stuff that somehow means something other than what was said. If nothing else it should at least tell these people you can't trust anything CIG says because apparently they are really bad at saying what they mean.
Yes, but any backer can brush off your point with simple arguments like "some of those were from people who are dirty engineers who have no skills in talking to the press. Others are from Genuine Roberts, and he is a Genius, we mere mortals just don't understand him." This scam is going for 8 years because people are happy dto delude themselves, and they had plenty of time to protect their foolishness from every angle. You can't dissolve someone's Dreams with logic, because Dreams work like a religion, True Backers just do believe "It's going to be awesome". The Bible is quite contradictory too, but no faithful gives a wurmie about that, they just do believe. Star Citizen is beyond mere sunk cost fallacy now, it is a cult. Backers keep giving Chris money because he promises Salvation - someday, one day the backers will be delivered and their life "is going to be awesome".

4 or 5 pages of catchup only to discover the main topic of conversation is that Ci¬G are still fiddling the books...
See, Scale and Persistence, despite still being alpha. Just like Holy Roberts promised.

The past two years I'm watching his discussion closely, and it really does go round and round, the only new developments being Sandi disappearing from public and LA replacing MrNowak here.
CRobber had established a smooth business, he just reiterates the same old moves that keep making him rich, the faithful are fine with that, and nothing we or someone else says can sway the flow of spice money - believers had plenty of time to lay out the pipelines protecting their beliefs from any angle.
Fudging up the development? ToW being promised but just silently forgotten? Roadmap for roadmap that took whole year to produce? SQ42 beta release being promised but just silently forgotten? CRobber's declaration that release date is just un-set? Declaration that there will be zero transparency on SQ42? Nothing sways the faithful, pipelines wee laid, any arguments are deflected and redirected automatically.
While we, looking at this shipshow form the side, see the hilarity of every particular "development", the faithful don't - they are inside the ebb and flow, and for them the situation looks steady despite anything.

Off topic - as a qualified accountant (ACMA/CGMA) who hasn't practiced for over thirty years due to a career change, I come out of retirement to help out with family accounts and wills. My experience of HMRC is very positive. As an example, my father had brain cancer, unwittingly destroying all his paperwork and didn't bother to sort out my mothers finances which I inherited after he passed. I then had to deal with my late mother for the next seven years who was scatty about her finances. I will leave you to cogitate the complexity of working out the value of their estates for probate, it was not huge but nor was it chicken feed. I could not fault any of the various HMRC folks who I dealt with over those years working through the mess.

I'm struggling to understand why. Backers love to talk about how they are investors in the project.

Investors generally speaking want to do due dilligence before they invest and keep an eye on the company making sure they are using their money wisely. They want a ROI. Normally its monetary, in this case, its a game or two.

As an "investor" you really should be very interested in everything CIG say and do, not just in whether they have implemented toilet mechanics or are simulating airflow through ships.
That's why I got a refund when I still could, after finding about the dozens of shell companies. I don't care if it's $45 or $45,000... I worked hard for that money, so you better treat me right!

I took a day off from fighting with the bugs in Star Citizen and went back to Elite for the day...I think it's broken. I played for 5 or six hours and the servers didn't self terminate every 20 minutes, there was no lag or broken physics and the place was full of NPC ships trying to kill me.

Besides forgetting every single necessary keybind and voice attack command...I did alright. Managed to remember how to plot a jump to another system after 10 minutes of shouting the wrong commands at ASTRA as well as pressing all the wrong buttons on the HOTAS. It's very complicated all this jumping around different systems when you've not done it for a year or so...During the faffing about with HOTAS buttons and the panicked screaming spoken commands for VA, I managed to turn on silent running which cost me a rebuy of the Combat Cow as I couldn't work out how to turn it off or fire the heatsinks before the ship melted. A second rebuy was only narrowly averted immediately after managing to jump to another system since I tried to scoop some fuel then discovered I had removed the fuel scoop at some point and fitted a size 6 SCB instead :D

I also noticed that the BGS has evicted all the factions I had any favour with in my home station of Selye orbital in HiP 20019...meaning the new usurpers didn't like me very much and withheld all the hauling missions that paid out anything worth taking...back to the grinding of favour I guess. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Now i'm imagining a situation similar to the 2 scotsmen in an elevator sketch.
ELEVEN !!!!111!!!1
FREE INDEPENDANT SCOTLAND

Man this gives me PTSD from SC elevators. Especially the only physical one (at Levski) that's 50/50 chance of being a death trap (falling through) or those at New Babbage stranding you at the spaceport.
Also while thinking of that, I noticed that after that one and only physical (and visible) elevator, they walked back from that and went on with magical translating ones (observing your ship marker move around while you take them tells a lot)...

ELEVEN !!!!111!!!1
FREE INDEPENDANT SCOTLAND

Man this gives me PTSD from SC elevators. Especially the only physical one (at Levski) that's 50/50 chance of being a death trap (falling through) or those at New Babbage stranding you at the spaceport.
Also while thinking of that, I noticed that after that one and only physical (and visible) elevator, they walked back from that and went on with magical translating ones (observing your ship marker move around while you take them tells a lot)...
Haven't had any issues with the elevators apart from in the previous 3.12 patch where some of the panels didn't render. It's the train doors not opening at New Babbage starport that does my head in...you have a one in seven chance of being able to get off the train once you get on it. The only workaround is to suicide and keep trying until purely by chance, the doors actually open and let you out.

Haven't had any issues with the elevators apart from in the previous 3.12 patch where some of the panels didn't render. It's the train doors not opening at New Babbage starport that does my head in...you have a one in seven chance of being able to get off the train once you get on it. The only workaround is to suicide and keep trying until purely by chance, the doors actually open and let you out.

Any elevator music yet ?

Top Bottom