Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

It's not like I'm putting up the rent money to buy spaceships, nor have I personally met any backer, concierge or otherwise who has done so either

It’s not like they don’t exist though right. Here’s a guy I bumped into the other day who was bordering on doing something foolish, for example:

maybe it will improve once odyssey comes out i'm legit hoping for that, otherwise ima fork out $600 on a perseus or polaris ship, i was originally going to get the hammer head, but trump decided to bless us with a mearly $600 that's a full list of groceries, legit gave us money for groceries.. i would of rather NOT have squat.

Reddit, and the refund & greymarket subs, periodically get chagrin posts from people who’ve spent the needful and hit a wall. More notably so since world economies have hit several walls of their own. And this for an act of such sheer daftness that really, most people aren’t going to own up to it on the whole.

That’s why I don’t mind the 'scam' rhetoric, even if I think it’s too simplistic. If the broader deluge of it in the gaming space gives buyers pause for thought, and makes them dig a little deeper before making the call (gauging the alpha state, ship slippery slope, and possibility of a borked outcome)... then that’s all good ;)

Because CIG’s marketing sure won’t tell new buyers those full truths. It’s all 'playable now' and 'for just a little pledge more...', with the asset array speaking of present and future glory. It’s such an unusual scenario in total, that it’s no wonder some people jump in feet first, before fully realising what they’re getting into...

Last edited:
It’s not like they don’t exist though right. Here’s a guy I bumped into the other day who was bordering on doing something foolish, for example:

Reddit, and the refund & greymarket subs, periodically get chagrin posts from people who’ve spent the needful and hit a wall. More notably so since world economies have hit several walls of their own. And this for an act of such sheer daftness that really, most people aren’t going to own up to it on the whole.

That’s why I don’t mind the 'scam' rhetoric, even if I think it’s too simplistic. If the broader deluge of it in the gaming space gives buyers pause for thought, and makes them dig a little deeper before making the call (gauging the alpha state, ship slippery slope, and possibility of a borked outcome)... then that’s all good ;)

Because CIG’s marketing sure won’t tell new buyers those full truths. It’s all 'playable now' and 'for just a little pledge more...', with the asset array speaking of present and future glory. It’s such an unusual scenario in total, that it’s no wonder some people jump in feet first before realising what they’re getting into...
I've no doubt they exist...same as those who'll spend their entire monthly income down the pub or playing online poker instead of buying their kids new shoes...but I don't see many of them on here. The suggestion was that I'm apparently considered as one of them due to having spent some hobby level cash on a game with expensive jpegs of pixel spaceships. I hope nobody looks into what I've thrown at Hellion or IL2 BoS :oops:

Last edited:
I've no doubt they exist...same as those who'll spend their entire monthly income down the pub or playing online poker instead of buying their kids new shoes. The suggestion was that I'm apparently considered as one of those due to having spent some hobby cash on a game with expensive jpegs of pixel spaceships.

I dunno if it’s exactly the same. ECity was suggesting to a major SC cynic that he still plays because he doesn’t want to 'fully admit the scamminess' to himself. It’s a point of view. Pretty far down the 'end of days' scale maybe, but is it really calling him dumb in that case? If the guy already thinks of SC as a massive blob of ineptitude? ;)

For me that stuff still has an 'attacking the gambling industry' twist to it, in your metaphor, rather than showing a desire to attack someone as an 'addict'.

I get why it’s annoying, and how you could read that as a dig at you. But ECity doesn’t really tag you personally with the Bitcoin spiel much, so I figure he may respect your trip reports and outlook like I and other outsider cynics do ¯\(ツ)

EDIT: (I took the 'both of you' in E’s post to be about OP & his friend incidentally. Possibly why I’m reading it that way.)

Last edited:
Anyway, changing the subject since I'm already uncomfortable with taking this thing way too seriously... found a game with Russian sidecar rigs in it. I let the NPC's drive since I never get to sit in the sidecar on mine :)

D6d8qsU.jpg

Some choice quotes from Jason Schreier's Cyberpunk launch postmortem,

Another indication of how CD Projekt stretched things too far was that it tried to develop the engine technology behind Cyberpunk 2077, most of which was brand new, simultaneously with the game, which slowed down production. One member of the team compared the process to trying to drive a train while the tracks are being laid in front of you at the same time. It might have gone more smoothly if the track-layers had a few months head start.

CIG's tech is years behind the assets at this point, never mind months ahead.

Fans and journalists were wowed by Cyberpunk 2077’s ambition and scale. What they didn’t know was that the demo was almost entirely fake. CD Projekt hadn’t yet finalized and coded the underlying gameplay systems

Gamescom 2016, anyone?

the game had well over 500 internal developers. But because CD Projekt wasn’t accustomed to such a size, people who worked on the game said their teams often felt siloed and unorganized.

And that's a company with a proven track record of delivering awesome games, not a shady start-up run by a charlatan.

The SC fans who used "but Cyberpunk!" as an excuse for CIG's shortcomings should think of it more as a cautionary tale for SC's future. Although SC is probably about 10-15 years from being in the state CP is right now in terms of content and technology.

Last edited:
randomly end up on this guys server and then @Mole HD randomly ends up on the server as well lol

link

"That was the most exciting thing i've ever been a part of in this game"

Are there any good SC streamers that don't have stupid reactions to simple things and overhype stuff?

I mean, this isn't a go at just SC. I see people like this with GTA, ED, and many other games. I can't stand people who just get overly excited about things.

My computer is now upgraded. Looking forward to the next free fly and see the amazing increase in stability and performance. At least this time, if things go south, LittleAnt won't be able to tell me its because of my hardware.

Having said that, let's hope CIG don't increase the requirements further by CR deciding that the game is now running well enough to add an extra layer of fidelity, like simulating airflow in ships through pipes... nobody would be that stupid right?

My computer is now upgraded. Looking forward to the next free fly and see the amazing increase in stability and performance. At least this time, if things go south, LittleAnt won't be able to tell me its because of my hardware.

Having said that, let's hope CIG don't increase the requirements further by CR deciding that the game is now running well enough to add an extra layer of fidelity, like simulating airflow in ships through pipes... nobody would be that stupid right?

wut??? we are gonna go reck some nerds!

"That was the most exciting thing i've ever been a part of in this game"

Are there any good SC streamers that don't have stupid reactions to simple things and overhype stuff?

I mean, this isn't a go at just SC. I see people like this with GTA, ED, and many other games. I can't stand people who just get overly excited about things.

and you are nuts

that is some crazy awesome space ship stuff

stop the hate son.

Top Bottom