Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

So they removed Delamar to make absolutely no difference at all. Classic Ci¬G just guessing that something would work. Perhaps if they removed all the T-posing, furniture standing NPC pedestrians that clutter every interior space...they're broken, look pretty amateur hour dev in implementation and don't actually serve any purpose.

Besides the normal day to day bugs, all of which remain from the PU build... the latest PTU is a bit of a cobbled together mess...all to add one broken mission rather than fix anything that's currently bugged in the live build.

I managed 5 minutes in the PTU before I was 30k'd out...didn't even make it to a ship. I gave up, went back to ED, strapped on my T-10 combat cow and farmed some bounties in a hazres instead.

Last edited:
Star Citizen already has loading screens. The official patch notes have often referred to the prison transition (entering/exiting it) as being a loading screen.

Its probably Tier 0 though. Surely the Tier 10 version will see you physically transferred to a police ship. Then wait for a prison transport to arrive. Then the prison transport to transfer you to the prison.

This is the level of fidelity backers and CR want!

Said before, server meshing...

We are going round in circles. As i said before, it is possible without server messing. I already explained how it is possible with Neverwinter Nights 2, a game released in 2006. Different servers running different systems (or in the case of NWN2, different worlds). Transfer the player across via a loading screen.

It is possible and from a technical perspective not that hard.

In a way, its just a more primitive version of server meshing.

Its probably Tier 0 though. Surely the Tier 10 version will see you physically transferred to a police ship. Then wait for a prison transport to arrive. Then the prison transport to transfer you to the prison.

This is the level of fidelity backers and CR want!

CI-G already have this implemented!!!!

There was a lovely video of it a little while back ;)

Salt levels rising on Spectrum. Its normal for planning week (that lasts a month).

Someone asks if CIG are getting too ambitious. Perhaps a question that should have been asked in 2012.

Someone not happy with desync

And not happy with removal of content

Typical of the Star Citizen mentality...instead of all pulling together to get this Xeno threat mission tested in the PTU environment, they're using it as yet another excuse to seek out PvP and shooting eachother rather than testing the mission. I suppose it's the whole point in the end, pitting players against eachother to disguise and gloss over the broken shyte everywhere else...I just don't see why they need to add the pointless scenario of a PvE mission to do it...since PvP can be found everywhere anyway.

As for the PvE side of things, completely pointless since the majority of folks that appear have no interest whatsoever in what's happening, what they're supposed to be testing or why, they're just using the bottleneck of the mission to shoot anything that flies...as long as it's not an NPC. It's Arena Commander stuck in the PU, nothing more. They could have added the Xeno threat nonsense as an Arena commander mission and fixed some of the bugs in the live build while they were at it. Instead, Ci¬G have once again totally wasted development resources and time on a nonsensical piece of marketing fluff that most backers will play once...if at all.

I'll give it a pass. The desync and server 30k's are the worst they've been since 3.8 regardless of them removing Delamar and reducing the player cap to 40. The entirely backer generated myth that this is a step toward adding more content is so far off the mark it's almost like looking for god in a teacup.

Last edited:
Typical of the Star Citizen mentality...instead of all pulling together to get this Xeno threat mission done in the PTU, they're using it as yet another excuse to seek out PvP and shooting eachother rather than testing the mission. I suppose it's the whole point in the end, pitting players against eachother...I just don't see why they need to add the pointless scenario of a PvE mission to do it...since PvP can be found everywhere anyway.

As for the PvE side of things, completely pointless since the majority of folks that appear have no interest whatsoever in what's happening or why, they're just using the bottleneck of the mission to shoot anything that flies...as long as it's not an NPC. It's Arena Commander stuck in the PU, nothing more. They could have added the Xeno threat nonsense as an Arena commander mission and fixed some of the bugs in the live build while they were at it. Instead, Ci¬G have once again totally wasted development resources and time on a nonsensical piece of marketing fluff that most backers will play once...if at all.

I'll give it a pass. The desync and server 30k's are the worst they've been since 3.8 regardless of them removing Delamar and reducing the player cap to 40.

Sounds like the game needs a PvP slider :D

The best-outcome answer for "Why no Pyro/Nyx/systemX", it's because they are not ready. Pyro might be closer to ready than not, but the rest sure aren't and it ain't because of a lack of tools. Anything new that is art related is developed for Stanton, not anything else. It's Stanton StantonStantonStantonStantonStantonStantonStanton all the time when we see any dev tool headers. Sure, we sometimes see an ISC with a Pyro sneak peek, but about 95% of all art tools and art assets are being made on and for Stanton.

So of course Roberts wants to open that new Montreal studio full of new Turbulent employees. He wants to double, or perhaps even triple, the planetary output. 650 people aren't enough. CIG needs at least 800 people. And that's when development will really pick up speed!

If CIG was desperate to show off Pyro as a means of placating the faithful, they absolutely would put Pyro on as a completely different module away from the "PU/PTU". But they're not desperate yet, they're comfortable with backers telling themselves the lies for them.

Source: https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstruseBlueWalrusCoolCat

Twirling! Twirling! Always twirling!

EDIT: Damn, just noticed someone already posted it last page.
My experience of the Xeno threat mission...

"We need a cargo ship, just accept the priority mission and head over!"

"I'm here with the Cat...what do I need to do?"

"You have to go in there, kill a few NPC's with your hand weapons then use your tractor beam to get the boxes to your ship..."

"I've brought a Caterpillar...since you asked for a cargo ship. You seriously expect me to tractor beam individual little boxes into a Caterpillar...why on earth would I want to do that?"

"The boxes are worth 4k each...do a few trips and you could make 160k delivering them to where they need to go. "

"I can make 160k in one trip fetching some Laranite...which is pre-loaded into my Cat and I don't have to shoot any NPC's to do it either."

"I think you're missing the point...this is supposed to be a fun mission."

"A fun mission...So far, I've dragged my butt over here since you asked for someone with a cargo ship and now I'm supposed to get all excited at having deja vu replaying an Elite Dangerous community goal scenario that I've done over 100 times already... minus the server 30k's and desync? I'm outta here.... Have fun."

Last edited:
Star Citizen already has loading screens. The official patch notes have often referred to the prison transition (entering/exiting it) as being a loading screen.
What if SC is just an interactive loading screen that is displayed to backers for 7 years now, while they wait for they money to be siphoned out?

The best-outcome answer for "Why no Pyro/Nyx/systemX", it's because they are not ready.
Well color me surprised!!

If it goes backwards any faster, Chris Roberts will be redoing the kickstarter...
He ditched the "almost done" game back in 2015 once, nothing stops him from doing that twice - backers will just restart they count from the new "reboot". More money, less product, totally not a scam.

So far, I've dragged my butt over here since you asked for someone with a cargo ship and now I'm supposed to get all excited having deja vu replaying an Elite Dangerous community goal scenario that I've done over 100 times already... minus the server 30k's and desync? I'm outta here.... Have fun.
Aww, you are no fun, party-breaker! :D

We are going round in circles. As i said before, it is possible without server messing.
Different servers running different systems (or in the case of NWN2, different worlds). Transfer the player across via a loading screen.
Yes we are circling.
What you describe is exactly the definition of a basic server meshing = passing in game from one server to another with all your inventory and your friends and your ennemies while keeping a way to communicate between servers. As CIG doesn't have already this basic version of server meshing, they can't add others systems.

Last edited:
So they removed Delamar to make absolutely no difference at all. Classic Ci¬G just guessing that something would work. Perhaps if they removed all the T-posing, furniture standing NPC pedestrians that clutter every interior space...they're broken, look pretty amateur hour dev in implementation and don't actually serve any purpose.

Besides the normal day to day bugs, all of which remain from the PU build... the latest PTU is a bit of a cobbled together mess...all to add one broken mission rather than fix anything that's currently bugged in the live build.

I managed 5 minutes in the PTU before I was 30k'd out...didn't even make it to a ship. I gave up, went back to ED, strapped on my T-10 combat cow and farmed some bounties in a hazres instead.

They probably only removed it visually.

Top Bottom