Game Discussions Star wars Squadrons

In the first 'proper' mission, a good thing to do if you're struggling is bait the TIEs away from their Gozanti's and the Light Cruiser.

Then once you nobble them, max shields, zip in nobble one Gozanti and get out again.
Repeat once healed
Help the CRV's that rock up finish the light cruiser now its target fixated.

You won't get many of the 'medals' doing that, but slow methodical play of the missions can help massively.
It becomes easier once you get access to the armoury and wingman commands.

I've finally started the playing the game in the Reverb G2, though I'm having performance issues with the 1080ti. Not sure what I need to tweak further, my GPU load wildly swings between 50 and 90%.
That aside I'm having a blast even with the XBOX controller, and the veteran difficulty seems challenging enough, i.e. often I need multiple attempts to finish a section.

I keep trying to play this with my Warthog HOTAS and T-Rudder and I keep giving up, because it's impossible to get the bindings to save.

Save & Exit is listed as stick 3 button 1, but despite trying every single button across all 3 devices it never works.

I'd love to play this game, but at the moment the UI for remapping is so counter-intuitive it's driving me nuts!

I keep trying to play this with my Warthog HOTAS and T-Rudder and I keep giving up, because it's impossible to get the bindings to save.

Save & Exit is listed as stick 3 button 1, but despite trying every single button across all 3 devices it never works.

I'd love to play this game, but at the moment the UI for remapping is so counter-intuitive it's driving me nuts!
It worked for me on T16k, you're just missing some button, but don't worry, you can switch to keyboard anytime and save your binds 😁

It worked for me on T16k, you're just missing some button, but don't worry, you can switch to keyboard anytime and save your binds 😁
Finally managed to get things vaguely working, but finding the ships super twitchy, at least compared to most ships in Elite!

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
Finally managed to get things vaguely working, but finding the ships super twitchy, at least compared to most ships in Elite!
Really? I find them extremely sluggish, even the TIE-Fighter and TIE-Interceptors. Nothing compared to my beloved Eagle. Or actually any small ship. The Type-9 is of course worse. They are also quite slow, around fresh Freewinder speed, but since they are smaller it feels faster. They do acellerate or come to a stop near instantly though, which makes NPCs hillarous when they try to "fly" through debris fields.

I liked the new B-Wing (even with the lore breaking weak shields), but at least it kept its Ion cannon (while the Y-Wing and the TIE-Defender lost theirs) - a pity you need to use one of your specials for the pivot cockpit (something like that and the S-Foils should be standard for the ships where it applies).

TIE Defender was never a favourite of mine (to overpowered in the original games), so it is no big surprise they nerfed it, but it should at least keep its iconic armament 4 lasers +2 ion cannons.

VR is finally good, the skymap is no longer awfully blurred. Stability has also improved.

I've finally started the playing the game in the Reverb G2, though I'm having performance issues with the 1080ti. Not sure what I need to tweak further, my GPU load wildly swings between 50 and 90%.
That aside I'm having a blast even with the XBOX controller, and the veteran difficulty seems challenging enough, i.e. often I need multiple attempts to finish a section.

I also got the G2. It's great but it needs a beast machine to fully enjoy it without reprojection. A 3080 / 3090.

I was able to get decent performance on my 2080ti by lowering some settings and going at 70% resolution scale. Maybe you should try 50% res scale. Even at 50% the G2 looks better than the Index. Turn everything down to it's lowest settings then work your way up. Use the practice scenarios to test your settings.

I also got the G2. It's great but it needs a beast machine to fully enjoy it without reprojection. A 3080 / 3090.

I was able to get decent performance on my 2080ti by lowering some settings and going at 70% resolution scale. Maybe you should try 50% res scale. Even at 50% the G2 looks better than the Index. Turn everything down to it's lowest settings then work your way up. Use the practice scenarios to test your settings.

I've got a 3080 now, but for some reason I didn't get back to it. Probably because every time I fancy VR, I turn to MS Flight Sim and keep forgetting I have Squadrons!

Top Bottom