Starting systems equipment

Hey all,

I've just started playing in the Starter systems - something that didn't exist for me last time. I've visited a few stations, but the best Core Internal equipment I've found so far is just D-Rated. Sure, it's an improvement over the E-Rated loaned items, but I'd like to find something better before leaving the starting systems, if that's at all possible.

I'm saving up for a Cobra Mk III and I'd like it to be reasonably well equipped before I leave and head out into the Galaxy proper.

Cheers,

Scoob.

You'll be absolutely fine in a D rated Cobra.I'd just collect the 'explore the world' quests and be on your way.

Once you leave the starter area there's a lot more you can do - mission variety etc

You'll be absolutely fine in a D rated Cobra.I'd just collect the 'explore the world' quests and be on your way.

Once you leave the starter area there's a lot more you can do - mission variety etc

Will you cover my insurance premiums if I'm not? ;)

Scoob.

I've only found D rated and, frankly, it's good enough. I've also discovered the Adder ... I completely bypassed it last time. I think I might stick with this for a while, it's fun ! :)

The starter area is only there to get you understanding the basics and out you go.

An A rated Viper could make a fair mess of E rated Sidewinders and this was supposed to be an area where players trying to work out which way forward was didn't have to worry about players in massively better ships.

As far as I remember the only A-thingie is the 2A Frag .... All shields are limited to E, cargo racks limited to size 3 and everything in core is limited to D.

It is designed that way so that scum PK-peeps murder-hobos bored players can't be too overpowered.

You know, it never occurred to me that people might exploit such things against new players. I thought - perhaps I read it wrong - that the Starter systems had certain restrictions of PvP shenanigans?

Scoob.

......... I thought - perhaps I read it wrong - that the Starter systems had certain restrictions of PvP shenanigans?

Nope...

... The only thing is that on the very first start of the game you are in solo - no choosing, just off you go. On relog or next start of course the normal choices are there.

Seal-clubbers are at work in adjacent systems, I saw some rammers a few weeks ago in Dromi - not seem much else, I float about in there from time to time in an alt account looking for scum to play with - not actually engaged with any (seems a Novice CobraIII turning up magically makes them lose connection ;) ).

It's funny you know, back when I first started - right at the beginning - I had access to a Cobra Mk III that was such a jump from the Sidewinder that I didn't use it. After many weeks playing I finally bought a ships of a similar class - Viper III - and never went back to the Cobra. Now, a couple of hours in, I've just bought a C3, equipped it - D-Rated of course - with cash to spare. It's pretty easy to "level up" in the early-game now.

Off to practise some combat vs. Wanted NPC's - Rebuy x8 available!

Scoob.

I'd forgotten how weak the starter weapons can seem ... took me ages to kill NPCs in the noob zone, I'm so used to obliterating ships with my overpowered weapons !

But one thing I noticed - the noob zone NPCs rarely fight back. I was in a shieldless Adder and only took a hit to 70% hull when one rammed me. It must be a rude awakening for noob players when they exit the safe zone: NPCs shoot you :D

Ah. I'm sure I did find A's...but maybe that was a year ago. Times change. Ehecatl is nearby anyway.

So, yeah I've just got a new Epic account. It's my 11th account, including PS4s. I have no idea...but there are a lot of space tigers out there!

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Yeah I had a feeling you didn't and I'd hate to see new players locked out of the starter zone before they are ready to leave. Your intentions are good though, and the modules will be useful to anyone who is ready to leave there. :)

I'd forgotten how weak the starter weapons can seem ... took me ages to kill NPCs in the noob zone, I'm so used to obliterating ships with my overpowered weapons !

But one thing I noticed - the noob zone NPCs rarely fight back. I was in a shieldless Adder and only took a hit to 70% hull when one rammed me. It must be a rude awakening for noob players when they exit the safe zone: NPCs shoot you :D

Weapons are soo weak. Got two C1 Pulses and two C1 Frags, both are terrible lol.

Rarely fight back? Erm, I've had to run away several times now because an NPC has fought back HARD.

I have noticed that local Security ships will scan a Wanted NPC then just ignore it. Even once I agro it they usually ignore it. In prior Res sites, as soon as I agro a Wanted ship the Security ships engage instantly. Something that'd be useful right about now lol.

Still, made 700k in Bounties just now - a couple of solo kills included, though three jumped away at low hull - took a little hull damage, but made it back to the station.

Scoob.

Top Bottom