State of the Game

21802022c6c47a227d09ac43a2aee073.jpg

predictions for patch 7
1. option setting for delaying committing illegal activities. where you can turn off the current new behaviour and return to pre patch 6

2. option to use the fidelityfx cas setting that existed before patch 6 in addition to fsr

3. and then 3-4 weeks of other changes that undoubtedly will have problems

So are we going to be seeing monthly patches then from now on?
I guess we'll see patches, but I actually hope we'll see them when they're ready and not on a schedule.

Insert another old meme about dead games here

View attachment 254205
For the local doom thread you have to walk back through the door, look around on the forum. There's quite a lot of flavours to choose from, ranging from destructive one-liners to elaborate rants the length of a novel.
It's not here though.

I wonder how much time the devs will devote to surfaces? If this keeps up other stuff will get left again.
Seeing how much the surface textures are improved with Update 6 (which only a few, true "Die Hards", will continue to forcibly deny) I'd hope that the tiling issue will continue to be considered, but most effort now poured into getting performance where it should be, as well as putting a little more thought into actual 'play'.

Seeing how much the surface textures are improved with Update 6 (which only a few, true "Die Hards", will continue to forcibly deny) I'd hope that the tiling issue will continue to be considered, but most effort now poured into getting performance where it should be, as well as putting a little more thought into actual 'play'.
Agree wholeheartedly with this... tbh, I can live with some quirks in planet texture etc. (but then, I'd have been perfectly happy living with EDH and no upgrades other than gameplay) - the thing that's stopping me playing EDO is the FPS, plain and simple. Given the option, I'd have Frontier focus all attention to getting the graphics engine optimised and then when that's all running smoothly look to tweak the planetary generation algorithms. Nothing breaks immershunnn like low FPS and jerky gameplay...
And this cute anteater agrees...
immershun.jpg

View attachment 254224

Top Bottom