State of the Game

Agree wholeheartedly with this... tbh, I can live with some quirks in planet texture etc. (but then, I'd have been perfectly happy living with EDH and no upgrades other than gameplay) - the thing that's stopping me playing EDO is the FPS, plain and simple. Given the option, I'd have Frontier focus all attention to getting the graphics engine optimised and then when that's all running smoothly look to tweak the planetary generation algorithms. Nothing breaks immershunnn like low FPS and jerky gameplay...
And this cute anteater agrees...View attachment 254225
View attachment 254224
The fps is certainly the biggest hurdle FD need to sort out. 6 updates in and...well, unless a miracle happens I can't see hope for people like me or base consoles.

33a273beba9ac9f913681ebff69d4c8e--gente-strana-like-a-man.jpg

I hope that they spill some fluids on the planets.
I'm trying to work out if this means "add water worlds" or "show them some love" and I am horrified to be asking.
The fps is certainly the biggest hurdle FD need to sort out. 6 updates in and...well, unless a miracle happens I can't see hope for people like me or base consoles.
I have yet to be tempted across to EDO, so my frame rates remain sound! Space is, admittedly, lonelier than it was.

Have you tried Head Cheese?

Sülze?- of course, meat from a pig's head is actually quite flavorful - I use it mixed with pulled pork (mainly from rib case) to create a "french" pork Rilette. It differs from the french version, because I'm not just using slow cooked meat in it, but I roast that pulled pork for a little while before adding it to the Rillette - for a more meaty texture.

Sülze?- of course, meat from a pig's head is actually quite flavorful - I use it mixed with pulled pork (mainly from rib case) to create a "french" pork Rilette. It differs from the french version, because I'm not just using slow cooked meat in it, but I roast that pulled pork for a little while before adding it to the Rillette - for a more meaty texture.
I only know it from the Portuguese community in America. I had a friend whos mother would always feed us and she'd cook all kinds of things I never heard of or had before or since. I never was brave enough for the fried blood.

Sülze... Uh....
Can't we switch to Kale again?

Agree wholeheartedly with this... tbh, I can live with some quirks in planet texture etc. (but then, I'd have been perfectly happy living with EDH and no upgrades other than gameplay) - the thing that's stopping me playing EDO is the FPS, plain and simple. Given the option, I'd have Frontier focus all attention to getting the graphics engine optimised and then when that's all running smoothly look to tweak the planetary generation algorithms. Nothing breaks immershunnn like low FPS and jerky gameplay...
And this cute anteater agrees...View attachment 254225
View attachment 254224
i watched Drew Wagar's evaluation stream yesterday and I have to say, that I find some of the generated landscape quite lackluster even in Ultra quality. It seems to be inconsistent, some areas look really nice (Rat Catcher had some stunning views in his latest videos), but then there are as well spikey areas, which just look like errors in it's height map generation and not any natural. There are spikey formations in nature - the dolorite coastline in western Tasmania are an example of those, but they are not as pointy as they are in some of EDO's landscapes, but more like narrow columns - well, I better show those

4-12-750x476.jpg

Last edited:
i watched Drew Wagar's evaluation stream yesterday and I have to say, that I find some of the generated landscape quite lackluster even in Ultra quality. It seems to be inconsistent, some areas look really nice (Rat Catcher had some stunning views in his latest videos), but then there are as well spikey areas, which just look like errors in it's height map generation and not any natural. There are spikey formations in nature - the dolorite coastline in western Tasmania are an example of those, but they are not as pointy as they are in some of EDO's landscapes, but more like narrow columns - well, I better show those

4-12-750x476.jpg
I got one of those tonight myself lol. I don't mind the spire mountains but this one just stood out and looked ridiculous.

Are we talking about the same thing? Dramatic Spire Mountain

I only know it from the Portuguese community in America. I had a friend whos mother would always feed us and she'd cook all kinds of things I never heard of or had before or since. I never was brave enough for the fried blood.
i never had fried blood - but there is a dish in Germany made from blood and liver "sausages" - those are actually cooked not fried, but then the contents are taken out, mixed and seasoned fried in a pan and served with fried potatoes. I'll show you the cooked version, because it gives a better idea how the contents would look like just cooked - they are much better fried with onions and some bacon bits though.
blut-und-leberwurst-mit-kartoffeln-und-sauerkraut-rezept-bild-nr-4446.jpg

it's actually really good, it just looks weird.

i never had fried blood - but there is a dish in Germany made from blood and liver "sausages" - those are actually cooked not fried, but then the contents are taken out, mixed and seasoned fried in a pan and served with fried potatoes. I'll show you the cooked version, because it gives a better idea how the contents would look like just cooked - they are much better fried with onions and some bacon bits though.
blut-und-leberwurst-mit-kartoffeln-und-sauerkraut-rezept-bild-nr-4446.jpg

it's actually really good, it just looks weird.

She would sometimes just fry up the blood and not even do the meat with it... (n) It was a really smelly coagulation looking stuff but the family loved it. I'm only part Portuguese so I guess I was able to resist.

But interesting to see some of the foods you indulge in.

Last edited:
i see and advantage in it, because I don't have to drive or fly the SRV, you do - I can concentrate on details, so eventually I might even see more than you do, because you are occupied driving/flying your SRV.
That is pretty accurate - I've watched much of my surface stuff over as it does let me pause and ogle stuff!

Top Bottom