State of the Game

eat jalapenos like pickles.
Habaneros, surely?
Jalapenos are a bit like breath mints, or Parma Violet sweets... a bit bland...

ETA: I admit to being a bit of a cheat: A few years back my girlfriend's mum used to bring us home made pickles that could eat their way out of the ceramic pots... plus weekly family meals... Proper curry as eaten by Indian families...

Last edited:
Odd, my 3900x & 2080S on my Rift S is perfectly playable. 🤷‍♂️
All I can say to that is lucky you. ;)

It is almost playable for the first few minutes, but the performance drops rapidly and after around five minutes it simply isn't enjoyable. This is mainly flying or flyving at speed on planets. The terrain building itself around me is a little off-putting too - above 50m/s it seems the planet generation can't keep up.

I'll keep trying it after every update in hope. :)

Habaneros, surely?
Jalapenos are a bit like breath mints, or Parma Violet sweets... a bit bland...
You're already there, my friend. Habaneros are stage II, and the true "you're a true Texan stage" peppers. (Then there's the having to have done the pilgrimage to the Alamo and all that, mainly because San Antone is cool, but that's a different matter).

I recall a time when a guy from overseas was here and we were out for dinner and I, mischievously, made him eat a habanero instead of a jalapeno. Poor guy. First pepper he ever ate.

All I can say to that is lucky you. ;)

It is almost playable for the first few minutes, but the performance drops rapidly and after around five minutes it simply isn't enjoyable. This is mainly flying or flyving at speed on planets. The terrain building itself around me is a little off-putting too - above 50m/s it seems the planet generation can't keep up.

I'll keep trying it after every update in hope. :)
Well, the terrain does exactly the same in pancake, so to not do so in VR would be odd!
I've not played for more than an hour or so, and certainly wouldn't do proper combat until performance is sorted out properly.
But, it is one of those oddities over Odyssey - it isn't predictable - it will improve over time, for sure!

Deeplowmaysee?

Am I missing something here? I probably am.

Edit: Oh.... I got it! Me smart! Thanks! :)
picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

I was under the impression that:

Was reading some of the normal "let's criticise Frontier for everything" posting... seen commonly throughout the forum and too often here too :ROFLMAO:

Nah, why would that cause gagging? The criticize Fdev for everything wrong they've done and are doing is biologically natural. you have to fight against that intended behavior to do the opposite.

Though most would just attempt to meander around and avoid either. But given the slow pace of movement in other things like the narrative ...that tends to be difficult to do.

Back
Top Bottom