State of the Game

It would make for a fun version of Holby City :D

Hahahaha! I did remember that haemorrhoid resection was called something like "picking bum grapes" as a procedure, but all the main ones I can think of are too rude to type, or inappropriately crass...!

No, the thread will be locked down for 18 months...

Don't go giving TJ any malicious ideas!

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Water consumption torture used to be used on pirates or noncompliant sailors back in the days of Jack Sparrow and other legendary people I know. And this is the good ol' British navy doing it for fun, and from my history lessons at school as opposed to wiki.

They used to tie a naughty chap to a mast, and force him to drink water slowly but constantly via a tube down his still conscious gullet. As above, salt depletion would make them go wacko first (low sodium) before the kidneys became fully porous, and the blood juice just drained out of him, followed relatively quickly by seizures coma then being buried at sea. Because you start peeing for lack of control before the kidneys give up, which is incredibly painful if you have ever had a kidney infection. So the more you pee, the more you start to crave the water, and it becomes a vicious cycle where in essence you are drinking water to die. Excellent.

I've added in some medical stuff to make it look even more fun (accurate stuff mind), but it's a horrible way to go and very painful to the muscles everywhere, as well as feeling like you are being run over across your midsection, without going into a whole homeostasis explanation of sodium, pot, carb, etc balance explanation.

Before you died though, they would often stab you as well, just for a bit of sport. Bless the old royal navy eh?!

I have probably sounded quite evil now from the above. I am.
Sounds like the Moderators initiation ceremony.

Hahahaha! I did remember that haemorrhoid resection was called something like "picking bum grapes" as a procedure, but all the main ones I can think of are too rude to type, or inappropriately crass...!

Don't go giving TJ any malicious ideas!
When I redid the pharmacy map where I worked, I had to colour code everything so it was easy to see where things were. In my rebellious band 4 youth (one up from slave status :D) I coded the suppository and enema section brown and had a 'Code Brown' section for all such meds.

It was great because my line manager had the humour capability of burnt Weetabix and never questioned it...but all the trainee techs and still human staff saw it instantly and had a good chuckle :D

I think everyone's about ready for some cats. Have these.

house-mice-eating-food[1].jpg

When I redid the pharmacy map where I worked, I had to colour code everything so it was easy to see where things were. In my rebellious band 4 youth (one up from slave status :D) I coded the suppository and enema section brown and had a 'Code Brown' section for all such meds.

It was great because my line manager had the humour capability of burnt Weetabix and never questioned it...but all the trainee techs and still human staff saw it instantly and had a good chuckle :D

I remember similar fun being had in our new stores at the general when things got moved around. It was done over a weekend before we went to weekend working (as we spoke about before!) so it was double time, which was better than a kick in the crotch for a prereg who were almost slaves too!

It was decided that the a-z orals would be alphabetical by the first three letters of the generic, which led to so many opportunities....

The ends of each rolling shelf unit had a big three letter sign on it after things got moved by us, as we weren't making the signs, that was our darling innocent secretary at the time doing that and laminating them...

So we made the list of the signs needed, and Janet bless her silly old heart laminated the signs to go up, innocent to the idea that nonpermanent marker pen could be added to complete the prefix words for other slightly ruder ones....

The normal one to get "added to" (and iirc the only one I can really write here) was MIN where we had set the minocycline to go across two ends. It was beautiful engineering it has to be said.

Anyway, when our chief came in on Monday and had a look, he noticed that two signs said MIN-J and MIN-ge but with the grace that David had, he blissfully ignored it pretending he hadn't seen!

I can honestly say that none of us who had set up the new racks had done it, but rest assured there were many times that we did, even myself as a C grade!

I wish I could say some of the others too, but put clindamycin into the allegory of its three letter prefix, and you begin to get the idea...!

I think we would have had a LOT of fun working together in the hospital environment mate, I honestly do - and I don't mean it to sound like a bromance is building!

Back
Top Bottom