State of the Game

No, the best comedy is Lord of the Rings. Like 9 hours of walking to a volcano when they could have used a bird to fly there in 30 minutes and dropped it in from a safe distance from all hostile forces.

That kind of says a lot about what british creative writers think makes for good content ... (thinly veiled reference to supercruise)...

Keeps topic on track by including politics.

No, the best comedy is Lord of the Rings. Like 9 hours of walking to a volcano when they could have used a bird to fly there in 30 minutes and dropped it in from a safe distance from all hostile forces.
Yes but what bird ? A Rhovanion eagle, maybe -- but not an Eriador eagle, that's my point.. It's a simple question of weight ratios. A twenty ounce bird could not carry a five pound Hobbit.

It was an odyssey and the quest had to be done on foot. Which brings us back to the topic ....
That you make bad decisions from inadequate imagination and get 8 hours of unnecessary walking that could have been a much more useful experience flying?

A smarter person would have thought, my quest is to destroy this ring, i'm the only one who can carry it... who do i know that could help me best in this journey, Hey, gandalf, do you know anyone who can safely get us quickly a long distance with minimal risk due to exposure to this ring for myself and others? Oh, you know some eagles who can fly me there and back by second supper? Excellent.

That's picking the right vehicle for the task at hand. Which any good open world game would encourage the player to use. Not contrive some nonsense excuse to do something because you spent a lot of time adding it with no real plan on why it's needed.

Top Bottom