State of the Game

Sorry to ask this (in this most hallowed of threads) but how does Horizons differ from Oddy? Is Oddy not just Horizons + legs + bad performance and dodgy shaders? (I've really not been paying attention.)
Yes...

And I don't know if I need that in my life...

Yeah, you need to fall in love with spaceships again, I think.
I dunno if you're an original '84 player, but just trading and shooting is still the best part of Elite for me.
Old enough to be, but didn't get my wings until F:E2 on the Amiga in the early 90s... I think you may have hit the nail on the head there... I played E: D more back at the beginning when it was just trading and shooting...

That sounds like fun, fun, fun'ish, vaguely fun, hmmm, getting boring, boring, bored, yep Bored, BoReD!, okay very bored, OMG...
I just don't do the same thing all the time unless I'm working a CG, but I did several (3 or 4) of those in a row and now I'm just chilling and bopping around doing whatever I feel like at that moment. At any given point in time I can choose to:
  • take an Ody mission
  • take a horizons mission
  • look for pre-upgraded suits/weapons
  • land on the next thin atmo body
  • search for mats in the SRV
  • hunt down salad
  • get first footfall
  • do some explo
  • fly through canyons in my ship (they're a little harder to find in Ody but some planets have loads of them)
  • jump on a geyser
  • scale mountains on foot with the jet pack
  • ring mining (laser and core, but not deep core) for LTDs and Tritium
  • I'm currently saving all of my explo data to turn in at my friends FC
With update 9 I'll be able to take missions from actual NPCs at settlements. (I did one each of the deliver to NPC at settlement and pick up from NPC at settlement which were introduced in update 8)

Eventually I'll need to get back to the Pleiades to push back on the goids though...they're gaining ground every week lately...

But right now my goal is to have each play session be different.

I stood on a bit of lego going down the stairs once so arguably I was worse off than you.
Oof_Stones_Banner.jpg

is the rules of forum bingo that we have to find all of the squares in the same 24 hour period (given a specific time zone (maybe utc)) and we can't participate in any threads we find the comments in?

just gotta random up the squares a bit and everyone get assigned one.

providing a link to the comment for each square.

it sounds like a fun little webpage project to setup.

Top Bottom