State of the Game

... and with some alacrity, following the response to my "spoiler" post, came this missive... Maybe I should invite some others to partake of the truly anarchy discord?

A special message: Oh Ender, my most darling of Bells, you are a truly beautiful amoeba, and I have missed you so much since my last post

I cried when I read this, so poignant, eloquent and ascerbic, prose of the highest calibre, worthy of the great Bard himself!

Gaming is about wasting time anyway, if in a way that is constructive for well-being purposes. So yeah, engineering is a great cluster of game loops. But it has the problem that once you are done upgrading you are done. You have won the game. Remove engineered features upon ship destruction, and the game can continue for perpetuity.

:D S

that would just eliminate players from participating in the farce that is engineers. the "risk" wouldn't be worth the cost and reward.

which is why they did it this way in the first place.

So instead, they just start making double engineered modules. Or add new engineers to change other modules or do other things to existing ones.

In other news, I'm pondering getting a second monitor to compliment my ultrawide, so I can have Inara/Discord/whatnot open at the same time as Elite. Helpful (I think) for the long supercruises, can have the match on while hopping out to Colonia, etc.

I assume this means no playing the game in fullscreen mode, and instead have to do it windowed in the main monitor?

In other news, I'm pondering getting a second monitor to compliment my ultrawide, so I can have Inara/Discord/whatnot open at the same time as Elite. Helpful (I think) for the long supercruises, can have the match on while hopping out to Colonia, etc.

I assume this means no playing the game in fullscreen mode, and instead have to do it windowed in the main monitor?
I just use my tablet or laptop...

... and with some alacrity, following the response to my "spoiler" post, came this missive... Maybe I should invite some others to partake of the truly anarchy discord?

A special message: Oh Ender, my most darling of Bells, you are a truly beautiful amoeba, and I have missed you so much since my last post

I cried when I read this, so poignant, eloquent and ascerbic, prose of the highest calibre, worthy of the great Bard himself!
A spot of uncensored SotG would not be an overly horrible thing. No wait. We need hand holding or it'll all go off the rails!

Honestly, based on the focused feedback thread about Engineering they had, I just hope they don't do something truly awful and bin the notion of materials off entirely in favour of just using credits. The amount of "The whole thing is stupid, I should just be able to dock, tell them what I want doing, pay my bill, and be on my way" suggestions did my head in.
There are a lot of players who don't want to play the game. They want to wander around shouting STAR! STAR! PLANET! BASE! PLANET! STAR! And then complain it's boring and there is nothing to do and it's all a grind for credits. And then demand a new ship.

Just like there are ppl on the JWE2 forum complaining bitterly that the game expects them to play it to unlock the sandbox - and they just want to stare at dinosaurs, and then complain there should be more as the game is boring and limited.

Chumps the lot of 'em.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have my work computer in the office as well (Mac Pro) but it involves me scooting around the floor between work areas, and it turns into a pain in the ars... er, backside. I could just lump the laptop up here, but don't have a shedload of desk space for it.

Oi. Get your uniform on.

1639511633444.png

There are a lot of players who don't want to play the game. They want to wander around shouting STAR! STAR! PLANET! BASE! PLANET! STAR! And then complain it's boring and there is nothing to do and it's all a grind for credits. And then demand a new ship.

The problem though is that fdev wants those people to play the game that way... and in doing so can't make the game parts of the game actually be what they should be because they have to make it optional and not impact the game in such a way that the players who just want to run around taking screenshots can't keep doing things the way they want and have been doing them.

stick one of your spare raspberry pi's on it.
No need to faff about with the big computer then (y)

In your graphics setting you can set the display mode to "borderless window", which is how mine is set and I learnt it here on the forums. This means you can mouse to the other screen (unless on foot then you need to ALT-TAB, or Windows Key or some othe way...

Just be aware that if you click on another window, you lose control of the game...can't count the number of times I've clicked on SotG while in hyperspace and then barely remembering to click back on the game before hitting the destination star...

Back
Top Bottom