State of the Game

I've hardly been here today and people are still mad at me.

1tn0bg.jpg

When I first moved to America back in the late 90s, someone handed me a tin of that when I mentioned I was thirsty. (My first clue as to what was going to happen to my waistline here when I wasn't handed water). Almost gagged on it, was like drinking pure, unadulterated syrup with this horrible chemical aftertaste to remind you that absolutely nothing you just consumed was in any way natural or healthy.

Now here I sit typing this 20-odd years later two stone heavier than I should be. (Although that's a more recent occurrence thanks to lockdowns and a spot of depression, I suppose)
My first ever time in a restaurant in the US (Boston) I ordered a starter before anyone could interject. It was the size of a large main meal in the UK. The main was served across different time zones. Unreal!

I worked in NYC years many later and the portion sizes then seemed sane.

People like you are why the beer here is like making love in a canoe.
If you weren't used to pouring gallons of liquid down your necks they could make it stronger without y'all dying of alcohol poisoning
The first time I went out boozing with my NY colleagues I couldn't consume enough beer to get properly drunk before other body parts signalled 'enough'. It was bizarre.

Later a couple of us were taken to a mico-brewery close to Battery Park. It was like drinking...... erm... .....coloured warm water taken from a pond..... maybe.... it was vile! Bourbons however.... big fan!

The first time I went out boozing with my NY colleagues I couldn't consume enough beer to get properly ed before other body parts signalled 'enough'. It was bizarre.

Later a couple of us were taken to a mico-brewery close to Battery Park. It was like drinking...... erm... .....coloured warm water taken from a pond..... maybe.... it was vile! Bourbons however.... big fan!
I live in Wisconsin now and they're big fans of alcoholism here, so th3 local breweries are decent.
Miami was a hell hole

Back
Top Bottom