State of the Game

I hope he doesn't minority report us - I'd be banned immediately!
Only Family Guy Tom can do that.

1641036315648.png

I hate it when parents fight.

View attachment 283802
I just don't understand people getting upset about silly stuff.

In other news I've just received my warning from the lego classic space group. Who'd have thought such a seemingly level headed group of not-weirdos would be so touchy when I pointed out the illegal parts usage. Purple helmets are clearly not classic space as they use the newer moulding.
I'm livid.

I've also minimal recollection of last night and had some sort of fever dream about little kangaroo's, someone's nicked a barrel of my beer and I woke up with some yorkshire pudding stuck to my head.

Happy new year.

I just don't understand people getting upset about silly stuff.

In other news I've just received my warning from the lego classic space group. Who'd have thought such a seemingly level headed group of not-weirdos would be so touchy when I pointed out the illegal parts usage. Purple helmets are clearly not classic space as they use the newer moulding.
I'm livid.

I've also minimal recollection of last night and had some sort of fever dream about little kangaroo's, someone's nicked a barrel of my beer and I woke up with some yorkshire pudding stuck to my head.

Happy new year.

Meme (2).png

Happy new year mate.

Some top forum trolling going on here:

Those festive lights aren't going to be cheap any year soon, and there isn't usually a sale in January .... though I guess with EDO/JWE2 selling so bad maybe we'll get another sale in January this year. But it would be unusual ...

I predict tears next week :)

View attachment 283812

Yea many a time my kid has badgered me to take him to see the mole rats.

...I'd go as far to say The Expanse series of books and TV were perfect to begin with, and went downhill to the point at the end where its strictly average.
I thought the same curve was true of Game of Thrones on TV. Series 1-4 were brilliant, seasons 5-6 were kinda okay, 7 absolutely dire and 8 just about okay. Tbh if I hadn't invested the hours in series 1-6 it's likely that I would have given up midway through 7 - I found it skin crawlingly bad. ymmv

Interestingly I believe it was series 5 or 6 where they ran out of RR's books and started to 'busk with input'.

(All as memory serves.)

This is why I much prefer films or single-series runs (such as Happy Valley). Trusting to a likely mixed bunch of writers to keep going at full steam is hugely problematic for all involved. Having said that, I routinely fall in and out of love with Death in Paradise, but then that is still one story per episode (or two at most).

In other news, I've been sober all year!!! (Sorry...)

I thought the same curve was true of <every show ever> on TV. Series 1-4 were brilliant, seasons 5-6 were kinda okay, 7 absolutely dire and 8 just about okay. Tbh if I hadn't invested the hours in series 1-6 it's likely that I would have given up midway through 7 - I found it skin crawlingly bad. ymmv
Buffy TVS
House
Red Dwarf

Name a show that's lasted 7 seasons and you'll see the same arc. It's best just to quit watching after season 5 or 6, because it's all downhill from there

Buffy TVS
House
Red Dwarf

Name a show that's lasted 7 seasons and you'll see the same arc. It's best just to quit watching after season 5 or 6, because it's all downhill from there
And I believe this is part of the explanation Graham Linehan has cited as to why he has stopped many successful series. And of course there's Fawlty Towers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom