State of the Game

I like that in this thread we can comfortably take the mickey out of each other's countries and histories, and nobody gets upset about it - it is very refreshing really.

And I don't often make points that are remotely close to sensible, so you can have this as one of your steam achievements Mr Ender!
Agreed, and I'll join you in your transgression against this thread being a serious free zone, Brother @Bottom Hat.

I'm very proud of my home state and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, but I have no problem at all with people making fun of it. Unless they're bad at it, in which case I'll gladly jump in to show them how it's done with a proper amount of burn. Nothing wrong with being made fun of if it's done well. Quite to the contrary, in my opinion. Because I follow the 11th Commandment:

Thou shalt not take thyself too seriously.

And the 12th:

If thou canst not laugh at thine self, thou hast no business laughing at somebody else.

That's it. Serious Misha™ goes back in his cage now. :)

Sunlight is the enemy right now anyway!
THE YELLOW FACE!
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Blessed as I am by the Holy A/C and the Sacred Low Energy Prices, I can still remember that summer when my a/c quit while we were having temps like you have now.

To call it "Hell" would be an understatement, and I only had to suffer through it for one day.

Stay hydrated, buy a big ARX fan and have it blow over you at all times but especially when you sleep. And don't go outside unless you really, really have to. That's how we survive over here when the a/c is crapped out.

But it's still Hell.

Oooh. Is that the Ban Hammer?
In my mind TJ enters the room like this:

tenor.gif

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Blessed as I am by the Holy A/C and the Sacred Low Energy Prices, I can still remember that summer when my a/c quit while we were having temps like you have now.

To call it "Hell" would be an understatement, and I only had to suffer through it for one day.

Stay hydrated, buy a big ARX fan and have it blow over you at all times but especially when you sleep. And don't go outside unless you really, really have to. That's how we survive over here when the a/c is crapped out.

But it's still Hell.
There's a tower fan on the one side of our command centre (where the computers are) and another in the corner on the other side for airflow... I also have an usb fan on the desk in front of me.

There's a tower fan on the one side of our command centre (where the computers are) and another in the corner on the other side for airflow... I also have an usb fan on the desk in front of me.
Good. People tend to underestimate the value of air flow alone. It doesn't have to be cool, it just has to move.

Now make sure you have one at home in your bedroom as well, and ditch the comforter and just use a plain bed sheet instead like we do. You need your sleep more than anything.

EDIT: Additional tip from somebody who's spent a lot of time in temps higher than I was used to. Salt. You lose a lot of it through sweating, more than you may know. If you're one to skimp on the salt in your diet, stop it right now. Hyponatraemia is not to be trifled with. How much is "enough?" If it starts tasting really good, you're deficient. Your body knows.

Last edited:
EDIT: Additional tip from somebody who's spent a lot of time in temps higher than I was used to. Salt. You lose a lot of it through sweating, more than you may know. If you're one to skimp on the salt in your diet, stop it right now. Hyponatraemia is not to be trifled with. How much is "enough?" If it starts tasting really good, you're deficient. Your body knows.
Kumo Fries are perfectly salted and are thus medicine.

Good. People tend to underestimate the value of air flow alone. It doesn't have to be cool, it just has to move.

Now make sure you have one at home in your bedroom as well, and ditch the comforter and just use a plain bed sheet instead like we do. You need your sleep more than anything.

Wet towels hung up in the bedroom an hour before going to sleep. Cools down the room via evaporation. That's actually like magic. Just needs an open window for the moist air.

EDIT:
Actually is PHYSICS!!!

Top Bottom