State of the Game

I have seen plenty of videos from US-visitors to Germany who tried raw pork - and all of them were very scared to even put that in their mouth - simply because it is dangerous to do that in the US - I wouldn't do that there either, and that is because you guys have very poor quality assurance when it comes to meat products - that is as well why you have eggs in the fridge, whereas in Europe they are kept on the shelf, not cooled at all, because they are well controlled and it is absolutely no problem to do it like that. It is really a matter of care - you guys over there don't care as much about quality assurance as Europeans do.

Eggs are refrigerated in the US because the USDA requires that they be prepared with a washing process to prevent salmonella contamination. A side effect of that process is that the eggs aren't as well preserved without refrigeration because a very thin membrane on the outside of the shell is removed when washed. Some European countries vaccinate their chickens instead, which accomplishes the same thing without the need for refrigeration. Whether one or the other is somehow superior on hygienic or moral grounds isn't a rational question. We use two different approaches to achieve the same thing.

Egg fight!

1637856693468.png

Everyone.

You are being given a fair amount of leeway in this thread.

DO NOT ABUSE IT.
Thanks Ian, I think in our hearts we (hopefully all) probably know we've been sailing close to the wind recently and we do appreciate the 'elbow-room' (e.) that we've been allowed.

As an aside, here's a spaceship I think would be great - can you kindly forward to The Lord Brebus - he seems to have blocked my entreaties...

eW59VtX.jpg

(I'm pretty sure it should be a Gutamaya design and it's definitely not a cut away laundry bottle... if he questions it, just say it's from Tj...)

Last edited:
Thanks Ian, I think in our hearts we (hopefully all) probably know we've been sailing close to the wind recently and we do appreciate the 'elbow-room' (e.) that we've been allowed.

As an aside, here's a spaceship I think would be great - can you kindly forward to The Lord Brebus - he seems to have blocked my entreaties...

eW59VtX.jpg

(I'm pretty sure it should be a Gutamaya design and it's definitely not a cut away laundry bottle... if he questions it, just say it's from Tj...)

Is that the new Panther Clipper?

Top Bottom