Status on Gnosis-related Bugs

thanks...lets go to fight back!

Here's the thing though. I was chatting with 3 CMDRs on Gnosis about how easy is it to come back inside Gnosis and 2 of them said should be easy if I'm a fast lander – sure I can. I continued to ask them what's there to do and they said hunting goids and a barnacle farm has been discovered on one of the planets but I said there's no mission to deliver meta-alloys yet.

Shortly after, CMDR in helmet comm'ed his ship is covered in goo and I asked him to come back inside to detox but he said there's no landing pad available ... so, I kindly logged out to let him land. Hope he made it and didn't die.

So, we can't really fight in a large group like Mobius or in the Open because of limited landing pads - it's an unfair advantage for those just learning how to fight Thargoids imho.

Was chatting with couple of CMDRs and one said barnacle farms have been discovered on one of the planets except there's no mission to delivery mats like meta-alloys to help Gnosis and nearest station is like 1,000 ly away I think :(

You got the co ordinates

Greetings Commanders.

We are aware of several issues affecting Commanders located at the Gnosis. The team are actively investigating and addressing these issues, so if you encounter any related to the Gnosis and the Thargoid attack, please report them here.

Currently:

• The Interceptors that were causing shutdowns and destruction have been moved further away from the Gnosis, addressing player complaints of being destroyed before leaving docking pads.
  • The Gnosis' controlling faction is no longer issuing fines for fighting within its No Fire zone. Commanders are urged to defend against the imminent alien threat. Be warned, shooting at the Gnosis will result in fines.
  • For those Commanders who have found themselves detained further away, please contact our support team who will be happy to move you back to the Gnosis, should you wish to be…
Thank you for your understanding!

Will are you able to give any details on the next jump for the ghonis

For me there is a lot of over reaction here.

FDev try to work the fact Gnosis is not allowed to jump into cone sector into part of the narrative.

It goes slightly wrong with Galnet article early release, plus bugs on site. This is just standard FDev IMO, not making excuses for it, but we've seen it enough times to know it isn't unlikely.

Galnet articles have warned for days Thargoids are in the area.

People are complaining about being mis-lead, etc, etc.

Can't help feeling, the silly bugs and Galnet stuff aside which obviously shouldn't happen as much as they do, that FDev are in a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation.

Personally I'm going to enjoy what's happening around the Gnosis and see what happens.

For me there is a lot of over reaction here.

FDev try to work the fact Gnosis is not allowed to jump into cone sector into part of the narrative.

It goes slightly wrong with Galnet article early release, plus bugs on site. This is just standard FDev IMO, not making excuses for it, but we've seen it enough times to know it isn't unlikely.

Can't help feeling, the silly bugs and Galnet stuff aside which obviously shouldn't happen as much as they do, that FDev are in a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation.

Personally I'm going to enjoy what's happening around the Gnosis and see what happens.

This!
+1

“For me there is a lot of over reaction here.

Personally I'm going to enjoy what's happening around the Gnosis and see what happens.”

You guys are part of the problem.

Players give feedback and then you forum dads get on and fawn all over Fdev hoping for an atta-boy from Zac or another dev.

Stop. Just stop.

There are major problems in the game and you are not helping by trying to cover it up.

Last edited:
Thanks for fixing it so quickly! I ain't at the Gnosis but the current bloodbath definitely makes me wanna head out there and enjoy it in VR.

It was shocking, being wiped right off the launch pad... The shutdown pulse hit me, before i could even switch firegroups and my fighter pilot (poor Macey... :( ) went down in flames with the ship... i was lucky to escape alive somehow. While being a stunning experience in VR, at least a chance would have been nice.

But good to see, that Frontier has got this sorted quickly.

o7

To be fair, what Frank G describes sounds like a nice sense of real jeopardy, helplessness in the face of overwhelming odds, which is even missing from earlier station attacks. Sorry you had to lose Macey, though.

Greetings Commanders.

We are aware of several issues affecting Commanders located at the Gnosis. The team are actively investigating and addressing these issues, so if you encounter any related to the Gnosis and the Thargoid attack, please report them here.

Currently:

• [*]The Interceptors that were causing shutdowns and destruction have been moved further away from the Gnosis, addressing player complaints of being destroyed before leaving docking pads.
  • The Gnosis' controlling faction is no longer issuing fines for fighting within its No Fire zone. Commanders are urged to defend against the imminent alien threat. Be warned, shooting at the Gnosis will result in fines.
  • For those Commanders who have found themselves detained further away, please contact our support team who will be happy to move you back to the Gnosis, should you wish to be…
Thank you for your understanding!

Why do you always listen to the carebears?

Having seen the explanation I think FDev need credit for responding so quickly. This game/world is immense and peeps are pirating, mining, exploring, running out of fuel all over it, despite this Gnosis event... Which actually has tested the universe and found it's so robust that errors are obvious - so long as it's fixed eventually. No worries.

It was shocking, being wiped right off the launch pad... The shutdown pulse hit me, before i could even switch firegroups and my fighter pilot (poor Macey... :( ) went down in flames with the ship... i was lucky to escape alive somehow. While being a stunning experience in VR, at least a chance would have been nice.

But good to see, that Frontier has got this sorted quickly.

o7

That sound brilliant, wish I was there, sound like a great bit of jeopardy.

The Interceptors that were causing shutdowns and destruction have been moved further away from the Gnosis, addressing player complaints of being destroyed before leaving docking pads.
You should have treated this as part of the story, not a bug, players finally, slowly pushing the thargoids away from Gnosis. Hopefully you can do this for station battles automatically because it adds real jeopardy and battles will become more multi stage. An if we aren't doing well, have the scouts and thargons flying in an out of the station interior.

Last edited:
Top Bottom