Status on Gnosis-related Bugs

That isnt the issue, that is your issue. If you dont like Thargoids but insist on playing a remake of a game largely about shooting thargoids while docking at a ship going to thargoid land while being warned multiple times there are Thargoids, that is just you not thinking too much.

The leaked article and bugs are objectively bad, and people were immediately upset about it. But you not liking thargoids isnt a major issue for the community.

I don't read that they have issues with the Thargoids.
They are simply stating a fact that its being forced upon players in different ways but without choice.

I too would not like to be forced to attack Thargoids but I don't have any issues with others or the Thargoids themselves...

There are and have been meaningful content requests and those haven't come to the game for whatever reason. That's also O K, but the situation is for over a year, its been forced and often not even meaningful.

Can anyone at all explain exactly why we are at war with them in the first place?
With that, can anyone identify where any choice was present...

In order to access an engineer they forced us to harvest an item that the Thargoids go after. Seemingly that may have started this issue...and they would pull us out of flight to check our inventories but never attacked until the story...as it went...Federation went out and attacked them, not players

Here we are...again being lured into a ride to a forbidden area.
Ppl come and are being forced to fight...and nothing in the story explains why we are at war still....and offers no choice in the matter

I don't read that they have issues with the Thargoids.
They are simply stating a fact that its being forced upon players in different ways but without choice.

I too would not like to be forced to attack Thargoids but I don't have any issues with others or the Thargoids themselves...

There are and have been meaningful content requests and those haven't come to the game for whatever reason. That's also O K, but the situation is for over a year, its been forced and often not even meaningful.

Can anyone at all explain exactly why we are at war with them in the first place?
With that, can anyone identify where any choice was present...

In order to access an engineer they forced us to harvest an item that the Thargoids go after. Seemingly that may have started this issue...and they would pull us out of flight to check our inventories but never attacked until the story...as it went...Federation went out and attacked them, not players

Here we are...again being lured into a ride to a forbidden area.
Ppl come and are being forced to fight...and nothing in the story explains why we are at war still....and offers no choice in the matter

Just a heads up, if you run cold the Thargoids tend to leave you alone. I have a shieldless cool running Krait, and haven't dropped below 90% hull despite engaging with them even in the previous NFZ. So there is some player choice for opting out of combat and surviving even in an exploration fitted ship.

*New Bug* Thargoid Scout Ghosts

B3ABB318CF646F2A93E6EE91CC4E9E41343DA9DF

At the Gnosis now there are about 20 radar signatures for Thargoid Scouts but all of them are ghosts, you can target them but they are invisible, don't take damage nor fire upon you, they are just hovering around and multiplying every few mins.

Is there an intention to relocate the penitentiary choice a little closer to Gnosis? Having to hump ~1100 LY back to the Gnosis, simply due to a stray AX MC round was great encouragement to log out and spend the evening in No Man's Sky, instead.

I dare say that 1100 LY hike is a bit of a killer of interest, to be fair.

Thanks for getting on this.

Could we PULLLEEEEASE maybe with-sugar-on-top have a Cyclops drop in on The Gnosis occasionally? The Maruaders are great (and I love that I can fight them the moment I take off) but it would be awesome to have, occasionally, a little more danger.

Also, with the no-fire zone lifted, could we have the fighter launch restriction lifted as well? Please?

THANK YOU!

With them lifting the no fire zone around The Gnosis, can someone murder CMDR's as they un-dock to leave without gaining a wanted status?

With them lifting the no fire zone around The Gnosis, can someone murder CMDR's as they un-dock to leave without gaining a wanted status?

Is the report crimes option on; yes? then yes. No, then No. Nothing more. Hitting something is an entirely different infraction. But sure, let the flower people run rampant because maybe commanders will be shifty.. lol.

Is there an intention to relocate the penitentiary choice a little closer to Gnosis? Having to hump ~1100 LY back to the Gnosis, simply due to a stray AX MC round was great encouragement to log out and spend the evening in No Man's Sky, instead.

I dare say that 1100 LY hike is a bit of a killer of interest, to be fair.

Questions (seriously):
Can You commit a crime at Detention center? Where will You be teleported?
If You die (e.g.) self-destruct at Detention center, where will You respawn?

Is the report crimes option on; yes? then yes. No, then No. Nothing more. Hitting something is an entirely different infraction. But sure, let the flower people run rampant because maybe commanders will be shifty.. lol.

But aren't they in an anarchy system?

I don't think it matters if report crimes against me is on or off if there are no laws to be broken there.

The Wheelock massacre and reports of players on Gnosis show that the Thargoids' attacks have no problem piercing the hull of Stations / megaships and destroying players' ships. Has this bug been fixed or at least acknowledged?

The Wheelock massacre and reports of players on Gnosis show that the Thargoids' attacks have no problem piercing the hull of Stations / megaships and destroying players' ships. Has this bug been fixed or at least acknowledged?

idk, sounds like it's working as intended from here.

I believe so, that was the reason for Thargoid no-fire zone fix that introduced no-fire zone and no SLF firing bug for players.

:D

Thank you Will, responsiveness is appreciated by the community. What about the Thargoid interceptors giving fines away from Gnosis? The unsafe weapon discharge fines you get when engaging a an interceptor in wing when everyone has crimes off?

Last edited:
Interceptors seem to have disappeared all together! Can we please have some show up. And please not only Hydras and Medusa's, they are pretty hard to deal with. Killing scouts has become unbearable as they are "bugged" and can't be shot at.

o7

I haven't been damaged inside Gnosis, but have been knocked out on the launch pad (twice including just now).

I just cannot survive long enough to identify my attacker(s). Any clue to help me deal with Thargoids would be appreciated.

TA

o7

I haven't been damaged inside Gnosis, but have been knocked out on the launch pad (twice including just now).

I just cannot survive long enough to identify my attacker(s). Any clue to help me deal with Thargoids would be appreciated.

TA

Someone didn't read the narrative.

Top Bottom