Status on Gnosis-related Bugs

so 17 hours ago i asked to be put back on the gnosis after it killed me for defending it,

that didnt happen.

actually looking at NMS to buy right now :p

The bug where you get a "unsafe weapons discharge fine" when you engage hydras HAS NOT been fixed. It was reported the same days as the gnosis bugs which were handled immediately. Please fix this immediately. You can't hunt hydras when you get a fine for shooting one.

It sounds like the 'B' team or even 'C' team at FD are now the devs for ED?

I came back to the game for this event, oh well.

The best story would have been to jump in to the Cone Sect (or somewhere else) to a small cluster of systems not permit locked but with a jump required of 120+ LY's to get out, the explorers can probably get out if they have FSD boosters (x2,x3) and the combat ships can fight it out before the Gnosis makes repairs and another jump.
Jumping 12 LY's who signed that off as a good idea?

Listen.. there were over 11,000 CMDR's docked on The Gnosis, many of them for weeks without having logged in to see the in game message boards.

You just can't place this failure to communicate on them. That's not how any of this works.

What are you trying to say? That if you park your ship on a moving research vessel, then dont log in or read anything for weeks, it is someone else's fault for the 'lack of communication'? Yes, if you close your ears and ears and lock yourself in a cupboard communication will be difficult. For anyone that actually bothered, even in the last day, to just read here, on reddit, on galnet, talk with any cmdrs present at the gnosis or did pretty much anything whatsoever: you knew thargoids were a major risk.

What are you trying to say? That if you park your ship on a moving research vessel, then dont log in or read anything for weeks, it is someone else's fault for the 'lack of communication'? Yes, if you close your ears and ears and lock yourself in a cupboard communication will be difficult. For anyone that actually bothered, even in the last day, to just read here, on reddit, on galnet, talk with any cmdrs present at the gnosis or did pretty much anything whatsoever: you knew thargoids were a major risk.

Whatever you say it doesnt change the fact that it was an utter farce, in a long line of farces. That they had 6 months notice and that bugfest shambles was all they could produce speaks volumes about this company.

Hi, Will.

I posted a bug to this thread that it wasn't clear whether (or how) we could contribute to getting the Gnosis repaired (or maybe it's not damaged, just surrounded?). As someone who had the good luck to have correctly read the subtext of the first Galnet article, and was thus not annoyed, I thought it was partly my responsibility to stick around and help get the Gnosis moving for those that are more annoyed.

I know you said no CG, but I wasn't clear about the other routes of station repair. It might be nice if there was some communication (in-game?) about whether players can help that happen in some way. I don't have a Thargoid-killing ship, so if there will be no need of repairs, I might head home.

[As an aside, it was exciting trying to launch from the Gnosis in a ship that boosts not so fast!]

We can't repair The Gnosis, the Thargoid damage is too extensive.

But what we can do is prevent her from falling into Thargoid hands.

The Cole protocol is clear: Destruction or capture of a shipboard AI is absolutely unacceptable.

#ScuttleTheGnosis

Hi, Will.

I posted a bug to this thread that it wasn't clear whether (or how) we could contribute to getting the Gnosis repaired (or maybe it's not damaged, just surrounded?). As someone who had the good luck to have correctly read the subtext of the first Galnet article, and was thus not annoyed, I thought it was partly my responsibility to stick around and help get the Gnosis moving for those that are more annoyed.

I know you said no CG, but I wasn't clear about the other routes of station repair. It might be nice if there was some communication (in-game?) about whether players can help that happen in some way. I don't have a Thargoid-killing ship, so if there will be no need of repairs, I might head home.

[As an aside, it was exciting trying to launch from the Gnosis in a ship that boosts not so fast!]

I expect the Gnosis to stay in that system for about a week as to allow everyone to experience the new scenario.
Then they will complete internal repairs and be on their way. But Canonn might know more.

P.S. Too bad you did not ship over any Thargoid combat stuff, the scouts are really fun, and you can collect new materials.
I can handle them easily in an explorer built DBX with 2 AX MC 1x class 4 HRP and 1x class3 MRP.

Also, in the mean time, check the two landable bodies in the system, there's stuff to find there (stuff I thought explorers like to find)

Last edited:
Also, in the mean time, check the two landable bodies in the system, there's stuff to find there (stuff I thought explorers like to find)

Would be cool if one of those landable bodies became the new resting spot for The Gnosis. Would be fun to driver around/on her.

#ScuttleTheGnosis

Hi, Will.

Been trying to get an answer on that but no luck so far!
In game starport status update galnet from the 6th shows the commodities delivered to each thargoid attacked station under repair, the Gnosis is listed and shows up as repaired!?
This info only shows on the galnet ingame and not the website version

Whatever you say it doesnt change the fact that it was an utter farce, in a long line of farces. That they had 6 months notice and that bugfest shambles was all they could produce speaks volumes about this company.

A farce is all it's been since Horizons and RNG drop gambling superseded game play as the design focus.

So....if I'm understanding it right....

A bunch of players found an FDev mistake. In an attempt to "involve the community" FDev allowed 10,000+ players to believe that they would be able to explore a since-inaccessible part of the map. Said players spent untold hours excitedly getting ready for this event. Now, FDev tells us that not only was that totally wasted time for the players, but that the thing they planned (a defense kind of story for the Gnosis) was so full of bugs that they've now dedicated a thread to letting us know when they've fixed it.

So we should just applaud FDev for fixing the bugs on an event that, even if it had gone exactly as FDev intended, still amounts to a giant finger to every explorer that boarded the Gnosis?

Good job FDev. You've manage to probably alienate even more of the player base. You should totally expect nothing but thumbs-ups and high-fives.

Been trying to get an answer on that but no luck so far!
In game starport status update galnet from the 6th shows the commodities delivered to each thargoid attacked station under repair, the Gnosis is listed and shows up as repaired!?
This info only shows on the galnet ingame and not the website version

Probably doesn't matter, but Gnosis itself has stopped saying "turn in missions" and now says "deliver commodities." Now if only they'd say what they need...

I don't care about any of this stuff.

I just feel sorry for those who may be too new to be aware of FD's incompetence and got sucked in.

Currently on a very nice, quiet exploration run that has very little chance of being messed up by FD.

Wherever the crowd goes is where you'll never find me...

Makes ED so much more enjoyable

The Gnosis event.

If I've told you once Commanders Ive told you a thousands times

DON'T DRINK ..... THE COOL AID..

"Blaze you own trail"... only when we let you, one instance at a time

Last edited:
So....if I'm understanding it right....

A bunch of players found an FDev mistake. In an attempt to "involve the community" FDev allowed 10,000+ players to believe that they would be able to explore a since-inaccessible part of the map. Said players spent untold hours excitedly getting ready for this event. Now, FDev tells us that not only was that totally wasted time for the players, but that the thing they planned (a defense kind of story for the Gnosis) was so full of bugs that they've now dedicated a thread to letting us know when they've fixed it.

So we should just applaud FDev for fixing the bugs on an event that, even if it had gone exactly as FDev intended, still amounts to a giant finger to every explorer that boarded the Gnosis?

Good job FDev. You've manage to probably alienate even more of the player base. You should totally expect nothing but thumbs-ups and high-fives.

That is all in your mind, just like the grind that is only there if you choose to play it. What FD did is actually called "subverting expectations" with "emergent content".

The bugs that players encountered were simply part of a fourth-wall break intended to metaphorically correspond to the Thargoid bugs that were literally attacking the Gnosis at the time. It was meta-content within the game, you just weren't appreciating it on an appropriate level as it was happening. Completely working as intended.

For a third level of meta-content, you can also submit a bug report about the bugs that got in the way of defending the Gnosis from bugs.

Here, I even made a meme.

KHEXPpS.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom