Status on Gnosis-related Bugs

Again: why was the new content not tested at all? Budget? Time limits? Why?

Again and again and again. This is ED's greatest obstacle to greatness: Frontiers unwillingness to bug test and polish content before going live with it. We've been down this sorry road too many times, from open betas where the community diligently reports bugs only to have FDev acknowledge the bugs but go live with them anyway, to the currently "Known Issues" list that is growing longer and longer with each quarterly release despite this supposedly being a full year dedicated to addressing QoL issues. I really don't understand this pathological aversion to quality assurance. Everything seems slapdash when it comes to FDev. And it keeps biting them on the backside, but they refuse to learn from each painful experience.

I just don't get it. Not after four years of hard work to make an otherwise successful game. It almost seems passive aggressive. :S

I don't care about any of this stuff.

I just feel sorry for those who may be too new to be aware of FD's incompetence and got sucked in.

Currently on a very nice, quiet exploration run that has very little chance of being messed up by FD.

Yo GJ, just beware those EDSM logs, so FD doesn't track you and quickly place some disaster... err, I mean emergent content in your way. :D

Well, as of last night, I was still being attacked on the pad before I could launch. Though admittedly only by Thargoid scouts that didn't do much damage. So it was possible to leave in a non-combat ship, but only by running flat-out and then jumping as soon as possible.

And there may be an issue with stealth. I popped a heatsink before dropping out of SC in a DBX, and got swarmed immediately. Didn't quite make it to the pad, got blown up just above it. I've never seen any human NPC's spot my stealth ship so easily.

Until people with egg on their faces resolve their differences with those who want to eat pie,we should acknowledge that those who grasp at straws should learn to suck it up.No one is forcing anyone to do anything.They have given us the ingredients,what we do with them is up to the individual.Only thyme will tell.

That's pho sure.

Thargoids clog when beaten.:).Went on a recce last night,flew out no problem.even a couple of uss.Discarded data pods.little bit of planet scanning,nothing special.Pick a point and plot.An hour or so pleasant quiet after the last hectic couple of days.Half way home i see this little odd blue lump underneath my profile(RH cockpit view).No idea what it is.Fly into Gnosis current,plenty of swarms,but as usual,theyre ignoring me.even bingo bob who hangs around the back of the planet.Everything good ,line up on pad assignment.Under attack .whoot whoot.I'm going slow on final approah,still time to turn,retract and set 4 to engines.Theyre screaming bloody fire now,but theyve released too early or misjudjed range and although im taking damge ive boosted straight through the lot of them,at which point they clogged and system is back to 'an error occured'.

Well, as of last night, I was still being attacked on the pad before I could launch. Though admittedly only by Thargoid scouts that didn't do much damage. So it was possible to leave in a non-combat ship, but only by running flat-out and then jumping as soon as possible.
I left the Gnosis last night and was also attacked by scouts (I think that's what they were) while still on the pad before I had control of my ship. Luckily I made it out of the system with one ring of shields and 99% hull. I had wanted to take a look at what was in the area but didn't want to risk getting destroyed. I was in my exploration Asp which does have shields, heatsinks and is boost capable which was fortunate as I needed it all.

• The Interceptors that were causing shutdowns and destruction have been moved further away from the Gnosis, addressing player complaints of being destroyed before leaving docking pads.
I am a bit disappointed on this one. By the time I was able to play, this had already happened (and the major issues addressed, good job). While launching to scouts was good... I've seen videos of launching into full swarms of insta-death, now that was epic. Unfortunately, now I will be unable to experience this. [sad]

So, aside from the news leak and initial bugs/oversights, I think it turned out pretty decent.
I got on board for thargoids. I got thargoids. I am now on my way back to the bubble with my "Expendable" DBS (it didn't last long against a hydra).

And there may be an issue with stealth. I popped a heatsink before dropping out of SC in a DBX, and got swarmed immediately. Didn't quite make it to the pad, got blown up just above it. I've never seen any human NPC's spot my stealth ship so easily.

Don't believe this will be fixed as it's first time Thargoids are attacking a mega ship live and there's no air lock as such for protection.

What I found is if you go into an instance with a couple of CMDRs fighting above, you can wait for them to clear the space before you launch ;)

Top Bottom