In-Development StatusDisplay - status.json / journal display and surface navigation assistant.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Progress made with adding ships, weapons and modules to the app (thanks in large part to the resources of the EDCD!) - and parsing them in the loadout event to calculate the vessel's total mass (and power draw - but that's for later):
1593170083984.png

Judging from the data you've pulled there it looks like it might be possible to implement a live power draw grid? IE a graph/display that shows the current power draw as you enable/disable modules on your ship. Or is it not possible to detect if a module is enabled/disabled?

Tentatively related question: If the API/Journal can show the individual modules installed on a ship and assuming that data also includes their current state (enabled/disabled), would it be possible to set their state via the API? Or are commands sent to the API limited to those you can define in the controllers setup?

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Judging from the data you've pulled there it looks like it might be possible to implement a live power draw grid? IE a graph/display that shows the current power draw as you enable/disable modules on your ship. Or is it not possible to detect if a module is enabled/disabled?
It's still in an early stage - however I'd hope to get some form of power load display added.
Tentatively related question: If the API/Journal can show the individual modules installed on a ship and assuming that data also includes their current state (enabled/disabled), would it be possible to set their state via the API? Or are commands sent to the API limited to those you can define in the controllers setup?
This app doesn't use the API or send any commands to the game in any way - fairly sure that the API would be read only though.

I see. I took a look at the journal and I am wondering if the listed power draw is different when the module is enabled vs. disabled. My thought is that it will be as the power draw from a disabled module is 0.0000.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
There's a ModulesInfo.json ancillary file which lists modules, their power priorities and current power consumption - I ought to make use of that too. :)

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.7.9 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.7.9_20200712-2152.7z

Changelog:

1) Bugfix: HUD panel related button text now shows "Active" / "Inactive" accurately.
2) NightVision button now shows Active/Inactive.
3) NavRoute handling augmented; now shows destination, distance and number of jumps.
4) Loadout handling augmented; now shows weight and power-draw of ship as configured.
5) Fuel and Range panels added providing an estimate of maximum range (dependent on current fuel level, cargo, hull and module mass) and fuel required to make a specific jump.
6) UPPERCASE flag added to each window to change all displayed text to upper-case.

To do list:

1) Improve parsing coverage of possible events listed in the Journal documentation.
2) Add defined buttons to display information read from the Journal.
3) Improve defined button display based on Status.json information.
4) Add binding file selection option for populating MFD outer buttons.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.8.0 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.8.0_20200719-2049.7z

Changelog:

1) Fixed incorrect plural in "Jump Log - Count" button.
2) Fixed range and fuel estimates to correctly account for the Guardian FSD Boosters.
3) Added buttons in the options panel to apply an FSD boost - the boost is persistent between game sessions if not used but is not republished in the new session's journal.
4) Added waypoints for the pillars required to be activated as part of unlocking the Guardian FSD Booster at the Guardian site on HD 63154 B 3 a to Navigation.json.

To do list:

1) Improve parsing coverage of possible events listed in the Journal documentation.

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Hey dude, just want to say thanks for this addon! I'm still setting it up but it's been a game changer so far. Thanks again. Oh I did notice the flight assist indication is reversed from what is actually in game.
Good spot - the flag itself is "on" when Flight Assist is "off". I'll sort out a fix ASAP.

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.8.1 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...1/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.8.1_20200725-1746.7z

Changelog:

1) Fixed CTD caused by insufficient ship information for range / fuel calculation.
2) Fixed bug in "Flight Assist" flag state display.
3) Introduced 1.5 second delay on startup before buttons / panels are drawn (backgrounds are drawn but no text / graphics).

To do list:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.8.2 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.8.2_20200725-2118.7z

Changelog:

1) Added Cargo panel.

To do list:

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.8.3 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...6/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.8.3_20200814-2122.7z

Changelog:

1) Pips display reworked; now four pips rather than 8 (sub-pips) and three rather than two intensities; off; half; on.
2) Text wrapping without word sensitivity added and implemented in raw json panels.
3) CargoTransfer event now handled in journal panel.

To do list:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.8.4 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...6/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.8.4_20200823-2125.7z

Changelog:

1) New panel class implemented: Flag Panels. Each of the 32 flag panels can display up to 32 individual flags from Status.json as text with an adjacent square, the fill colour of which denotes the flag state. Flag panels can be included in Multi Panels and Combo Panels.

To do list:

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.8.5 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.8.5_20200912-2059.7z

Changelog:

1) Reworked flag handling for Multi Panels, Combo Panels and Flag Panels.
2) Added flags to Flag Panels. Title can be removed, moved to any corner of the flag panel, and squares can be moved to right side of panel.
3) Added cargo capacity to both cargo panels.
4) Fixed font sizing in main cargo panel.
5) Reworked font handling to speed up optimal font size selection.

To do list:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.8.6 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...4/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.8.6_20201011-1616.7z

Changelog:

1) Added reservoir fuel consumption panel; calculates fuel consumption based on publications of Status.json and estimates time to empty the reservoir.
2) Added CG summary panel for Community Goals to which the CMDR has signed up to.
3) Added optional long term logging of specific events: Status.json publications; Communications; Friends; Community Goal events and voyage events (StartJump and FSDJump events). Log file names are pre-pended with the CMDR FID to allow log files to be kept separate for each CMDR in the event that a player has more than one CMDR.
4) Added optional automatic session logging of all events and including every publication of all ancillary JSON files.
5) Added "Module List" panel with weight and power generation / consumption information.

To do list:

Hey dude, just want to say thanks for this addon! I'm still setting it up but it's been a game changer so far. Thanks again. Oh I did notice the flight assist indication is reversed from what is actually in game.

VxlAyou.jpg
What size monitor are you using in that image?

I originally used a small monitor just for each MFD, but seeing how you’ve built your set up, a single larger monitor looks better.

I am loving your app, really useful and I especially appreciate that you've created a tool that we can make our own rather than locking us all into what you think is best.

I do have a couple of small issues to report:
On the status flag display super cruise is "superc ruise"
On the MFD button labels there is some sort of extraneous formatting characters in the text for "cycle next target" that makes it go wonky when you center align it.

Brianna - You asked the other poster about his display, my setup is similar and it's a 19", his is a 17" or 15". You can get monitors like this used from office disposal companies missing their stands for almost nothing. It's also a popular setup for DCS as you want to minimise the resolution of the main display plus all of the MFDs for performance reasons (the game renders the MFDs as well).

PXL_20201130_191600106.jpg

Top Bottom