In-Development StatusDisplay - status.json / journal display and surface navigation assistant.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
The "cycle next target" issue is fixed in the next Beta (it was trying to use the same merging method used for the corner buttons).

Not sure what's going on with the font - could you please post a screenshot of that particular MFD (Right-Alt-PrtScrn while that window is active (by mouse clicking on it) will screenshot it alone)?

I don't have a print screen key on the keyboard in my cockpit so here's a snip.

I just tried all of the fonts and they all seem to show as "SuperCruise" (no space) except for euro caps.

Also, I have a suggestion. Would it be possible to get some money related displays? Balance at session start, current balance, rate of change (i.e XXmCr / hr)?

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    92.3 KB · Views: 266

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for that - it may be a font issue (or an issue created by the font manipulation required, i.e. the fonts are used with a specific aspect ratio that may differ from the "natural" aspect ratio, to fit three lines of ten characters in a button rectangle.

What are the height, width and border settings (if any) of that MFD - I'll try to recreate it for bug hunting.

Here are all of the settings for that panel. (do note, I've changed the font, it's euro caps that has the issue)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    54.7 KB · Views: 238

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for that - Euro Caps is the only font in the app that is not monospaced - which might have something to do with the problem.

I am loving your app, really useful and I especially appreciate that you've created a tool that we can make our own rather than locking us all into what you think is best.

I do have a couple of small issues to report:
On the status flag display super cruise is "superc ruise"
On the MFD button labels there is some sort of extraneous formatting characters in the text for "cycle next target" that makes it go wonky when you center align it.

Brianna - You asked the other poster about his display, my setup is similar and it's a 19", his is a 17" or 15". You can get monitors like this used from office disposal companies missing their stands for almost nothing. It's also a popular setup for DCS as you want to minimise the resolution of the main display plus all of the MFDs for performance reasons (the game renders the MFDs as well).

View attachment 197840

How do you get the MFDs to stick to the monitor? I was attempting something like this a while ago, but ended upgoing with smaller monitors because I couldn't get the MFDs to stay on

How do you get the MFDs to stick to the monitor? I was attempting something like this a while ago, but ended upgoing with smaller monitors because I couldn't get the MFDs to stay on
I’m not sure how others have done it but I’ve used 3M VHB (very high bond) tape. It’s nearly permanent.

I was planning on using a larger monitor but found I didn’t have enough room. I’ve got 2 MFD side-by-side on an 11.6” 1080i monitor.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I bought an acrylic sheet, made to measure, with eight holes drilled to take the near headless (case fan style) screws that I tapped the corner holes of the MFDs to take (behind the rubber fake screwheads) - after fitting the MFDs I then stuck this to the bezel of the monitor with some very sticky tape.

This has become a good secondary HUD for status items that eddiscovery offers in small part. I've implanted some useful grids without an mfd.

I would like to know:

can i display number of times I've visited a system and what percentage of the fss has occurred?

the other grid items have been rather helpful at a glance.

is there a donation PayPal or similar?

i didn't see any place to say thank you

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
The app does not track CMDR system visits - I'll see which Journal events relating to the FSS might be useful in showing FSS completion.

There's no donation link - I'd be doing this for myself anyway (as that's how it started, after I bought my MFDs). Posting here is thanks enough. :)

While it's not showing data because I'm not connected, having this up on second monitor helps.

Each section gives me necessary information and some duplicate information - some is persistent, some is relative - some is in the ship HUD but not all is immediately available. where "slots" is located will hopefully be the location of FSSS results for the system.
1609164472889.png

For some reason when I have fire group as an MFD selection, it shows the letter "S" but only on FG A. On any other fire group I get a blank display. This happens in combat or analysis mode.

I've looked at the status.json file and the fire group value runs through 0 - 3 as expected. Any ideas?

Is it possible to have status displays for ammunition status? Shield Cell Bank ammo would be very useful and bar graphs like the fuel ones for kinetic weapons would be good eye candy.

Suggestion: can the shield down/up status display be switched to illuminate on down - that's more important to grab attention. Also, can shields, low fuel, in danger, over heating and interdiction pulse when they illuminate? It'd be good if they were more attention getting.

Bug report: when in an SRV cargo displays the used capacity of the SRV and the total capacity of the ship.

I used gorilla tape (an amber butyl tape, there are many varieties). It's well stuck on but can be peeled off with some determined effort.

I've done the acrylic sheet and so on in the past but you really want to mount it as close to the screen as possible to minimise the area obscured by the bezel when you're off-angle.

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Is it possible to have status displays for ammunition status? Shield Cell Bank ammo would be very useful and bar graphs like the fuel ones for kinetic weapons would be good eye candy.
Pretty sure ammunition counts are not included in the journal.
Suggestion: can the shield down/up status display be switched to illuminate on down - that's more important to grab attention.
I can add that.
Also, can shields, low fuel, in danger, over heating and interdiction pulse when they illuminate? It'd be good if they were more attention getting.
I can add that too.
Bug report: when in an SRV cargo displays the used capacity of the SRV and the total capacity of the ship.
Oops. That'll get fixed.

I suspected there was a technical reason you hadn't implemented ammunition, even if only for shield cell banks.

Also, updated cockpit pic.

Attachments

• PXL_20210211_220337973.jpg
    PXL_20210211_220337973.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Beta 0.0.8.7 released. Download link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...4/StatusDisplay_Beta_0.0.8.7_20210216-2112.7z

Changelog:

1) Buttons can no longer be selected as elements of the 6x6 grid in the centre of each MFD.
2) Bug fixed, some buttons intended to merge when selected in adjacent MFD corner buttons were trying to merge when selected in adjacent side or top/bottom buttons.
3) Added "Target Information" panel;
4) Added "FSS" panel;
5) Bug fixed, display of fire-group.
6) Panels containing flags: particular flags now flash to attract attention; some of those are of higher intensity to be even more obvious.

To do list:

1) Improve parsing coverage of possible events listed in the Journal documentation.
2) Add defined buttons to display information read from the Journal.
3) Improve defined button display based on Status.json information.
4) Add binding file selection option for populating MFD outer buttons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom