Stellaris, 4X strategy game

Im gonna play my Recyclotron AI empire.

A cheaply mass produced empire of recycled and re-purposed parts aiming to recycle the rest of the universe into their image and remove all the polluting organic garbage infesting the galaxy.

Endless Space 2 works if you want something more "lite".

Oh wow hope he doesnt follow your advice. Personally I find ES2 confusing as hell probably because I m so set with ES and despite the similarities there are so many new and different working things in the sequel. ES2 definitely is easier to get into then ES1 tho. I eyed Stellaris for the longest time but always thought the pricetag was too high so instead waited for a sale. Now that it has come down in prize of course there are multiple DLCs out which many consider "must-haves" in order to enjoy the game. I despise such monetization strategies and of course buying the bundle will set me down with more money then I m willing to spend.

Oh wow hope he doesnt follow your advice. Personally I find ES2 confusing as hell probably because I m so set with ES and despite the similarities there are so many new and different working things in the sequel. ES2 definitely is easier to get into then ES1 tho. I eyed Stellaris for the longest time but always thought the pricetag was too high so instead waited for a sale. Now that it has come down in prize of course there are multiple DLCs out which many consider "must-haves" in order to enjoy the game. I despise such monetization strategies and of course buying the bundle will set me down with more money then I m willing to spend.

ES2 is a less detailed and hardcore 4X game but I would say that each species mechanic in ES2 is far more unique in playstyle than Stellaris and one is more required to learn each race unlike Stellaris is more about different statistics and types of governments but overall each race works the same.

Stellaris expansions are more...flavor to me with some added mechanics.

There are plenty of Workshop items to use instead. And considering how often Paradox games goes on sale the latest expansion will probably drop in price by 50-70 percent within six months.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Tf5poB9.jpg

Now I know why Ponyville Sector hasn't been meeting resource quotas.

Mu77ley

Volunteer Moderator
Was playing a little Stellaris last night, and suddenly realised my eyes were getting a bit tired so looked at my watch to see whether I should go to bed or not. SMEGGING 4AM?!?!

This game is too good.

Ive sunk something like 80 hours into this title. Ive not picked it up in months. But im getting the itch again.
Not sure i want to shell out for the DLC which i feel is overpriced.

But this....

[video=youtube;8husm_XCXHA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8husm_XCXHA[/video]

Interesting game for sure, but no matter what I do - I suck at the first conflict. My fleet is just trash - I am building as many corvettes as I can with as many improvements as I can, but it doesn't matter much.

AI is usually having a fleet that destroys mine in seconds and after that the game is pretty much lost.

But overall I love Paradox games.

View attachment 220588

Does anyone still play it?
What do you think of 3.0 update and Nemesis?
I still play it. It's my favorite genocide and slavery simulator. Have not tried the new dlc but I hear mixed reactions to it. A lot that it is fun but playing the bad guy does not have much variety or replay worth. Kind of a one and done deal. The other "good" guy route allows for more variations. Including basically becoming Emperor Palatine.

View attachment 220588

Does anyone still play it?
What do you think of 3.0 update and Nemesis?
I’m just waiting for the Odyssey Alpha to finish up before I swing back and check out the new 3.0 stuff. I only got into Stellarus within the last month. After trying a free play on steam and not quite “getting it” I passed, but there was a sale recently and I got it with a ton of DLC and managed to conquer half my galaxy. This is a great game, I’m really glad I bit the bullet.

I also played it as the bad guy this first play through. No slavery though, just straight up extermination. Commonwealth of Man spreading like a bloodstain. It makes it easier to conquer, but it’s a little disappointing how divided the other AIs are. I’ve only been attacked by 2 Civs together once.

I have tried the star trek route or the "give me your tired, your poor" route to disastrous results. Never has a game made me so mindful of immigration and border control. The flood of war rufugees with inferior species traits tank my economy every time.

Huge news in Stellaris.
One, i would consider, biggest updates in Stellaris recent history 3.6 Orion, will be released on November 29th.

The 3.6 “Orion” update contains new galaxy shapes, new artwork as well as the ability for Hive Minds to choose a variation on the Reanimators Civic from the Necroids Species Pack, and a Fleet Combat Rebalance—including a new ship type and changes to combat computers. In 3.6, we’ve also reworked how the Ascension Paths from Utopia work, as well as added a new ascension path. We’ve also added a new Spiritualist Federation type to the specialized federation types from Federations, and added a new “Politics” tradition tree, which also requires Federations. We’ve also added new Orbital Ring buildings, which are included with the Overlord expansion. For base-game changes, we’ve added a new relic, accessibility improvements, new first contact events, included terraforming candidates on the galaxy map, added a new event chain, and tweaked some empire modifiers.

edeb7080f5ab158e41fb7e4cff289abb0ffea173.jpg

e17f5d44a6f53b56b45950bfc9ae804fe67929af.jpg

3.6 Orion patch overview on Steam

Top Bottom