STORAGE

Who would have thought that warehouses would disappear in the future.

I guess they just perfected the "just-in-time" method of manufacture.

At least we have storage transfer between ships, which like many changes, are parsed out before being made available.

I mean it's absurd that in the future where y cross the galaxy in few time you can't storage a simple can of food in a station haha

True. Maybe you should post it in "Suggestions & Feature Requests"?
There's certainly gameplay element there that needs to be thought out by the devs, but it looks like valid idea.

According to some around here, according to Frontier (4th hand information), this would somehow magically upset the delicately balanced galactic economy somehow.

I'm still waiting for an explanation myself.

Take a number, get in line.

There's hardly any need for it, maybe that's why?

Materials take up no cargo space, those are the only things we actually use. Cargo is just something we move from point A to point B to deliver for missions or sell for credits. We only experience few occasions when holding cargo for a mission and wanting to swap ships that this inability to store cargo becomes inconvenient. Something mostly remedied by the fact that we can deliver cargo across multiple trips.

At least looking at it that way, I can see it being low on their list of priorities to add cargo storage options.

According to some around here, according to Frontier (4th hand information), this would somehow magically upset the delicately balanced galactic economy somehow.

I'm still waiting for an explanation myself.

Take a number, get in line.

F.ex. People could amass gigantic amounts of resources in their systems, trying to prepare for any eventuality, like famine, war or outbreak. They would be able to change demand and price of commodities. Things could be upset I guess.

Materials take up no cargo space, those are the only things we actually use. Cargo is just something we move from point A to point B to deliver for missions or sell for credits. We only experience few occasions when holding cargo for a mission and wanting to swap ships that this inability to store cargo becomes inconvenient. Something mostly remedied by the fact that we can deliver cargo across multiple trips.

At least looking at it that way, I can see it being low on their list of priorities to add cargo storage options.

Cargo, not mat's. (Mat's all fit in the magic backpack!)

Truth be told, this is actually somewhat less of an issue now, since we started using the Wing Delivery/Depot style of cargo haulage missions. But there is still a time and place for storing of some cargo. Opting to buy a new ship, with a greater overall cargo capacity, but with less factory cargo capacity than your current ship could warrant the need for some Cargo Storage, to allow one to buy and outfit a new ship with a higher cargo capacity - which you can't do when your current capacity exceeds the factory capacity of the ship you're trying to buy.

Alien Pokers would also enjoy cargo storage - I know I'd love to be able to stash a pair of Ancient Urns, Totems, Tablets, Caskets, Orbs, and a Relic, along with assorted Thargoid pieces and parts after scrounging around Guardian Sites and Ruins, in the event I want to revisit them, or one of my regulars happens to feel like venturing out there, so they can be loaned out for an expedition.

I'd have been happy to keep that 1 ton of Booze I hatchbreakered from a pirate, who hatchbreakered it from me back, making me hatchbreaker it again, and we rinsed and repeated this for I don't know how long, but it was pretty funny, as a trophy.

But I do tend to agree - with all that's going on, and all that's being planned, this certainly is a low-priority item.

At least we have storage transfer between ships

If we do not get cargo space in the stations, then least let us outfit ships while they are parked: if I have cargo, I cannot switch to a ship without cargo space, and I also cannot put a cargo rack into a ship which I am not currently flying.

If we do not get cargo space in the stations, then least let us outfit ships while they are parked: if I have cargo, I cannot switch to a ship without cargo space, and I also cannot put a cargo rack into a ship which I am not currently flying.

In truth, I am hoping for small carriers being available to individual commanders. Say something that has is able to hold 2 medium ships or 4 small, with very large jump range (really another post all on it's own). Something personal that we can customize (think store) and perhaps use for extended exploration perhaps with friends. There that opens it up.

Top Bottom