Subnautica

Forgot to post this vid

[video=youtube_share;79ZxlyU2w7Q]https://youtu.be/79ZxlyU2w7Q[/video]

Now we have beds, gas torpedoes, sea treaders (animal), and battery chargers (finally). There is also a bunch more hidden areas down in the deep.

I haven't played in some time...kinda burned myself out on experimental builds. It might be time to get back in though. So much new stuff.

I wanted to try the game before I go ahead and buy it.
So, I got a bootleg copy from a torrent site.
My PC's specs are above the recommended specs and still the game is glitchy and I`m getting a lot of lags... especially when I try catching fish.

RAM 16GB
GPU GTX 650 2GB
CPU Quad core i5 3200Mhz

Could it be because it's a torrent? I`d hate to buy the game and still have the same glitchy experience.

I wanted to try the game before I go ahead and buy it.
So, I got a bootleg copy from a torrent site.
My PC's specs are above the recommended specs and still the game is glitchy and I`m getting a lot of lags... especially when I try catching fish.

RAM 16GB
GPU GTX 650 2GB
CPU Quad core i5 3200Mhz

Could it be because it's a torrent? I`d hate to buy the game and still have the same glitchy experience.

Well it was on sale for a song...but anyway there generally shouldn't be anything wrong for it being a bootleg...there is no DRM that I know of.

However, I doubt you are able to get any of constant updates the devs are making available. A bug today, gone tomorrow.

As for the current build...it doesn't run 100% smoothly, the pop-in is really bad right now but other than that, it runs pretty smoothly for me (GTX 970, i5 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM). Of course, being early access, I fully expect that things could get pretty bad from build to build.

If you want a game that works great with minimal bugs and is feature complete then you should just stay away from Early Access.

Last edited:
Subnautica does look remarkable. I've been contemplating this game for so long now. Its just that underwater, doesn't really do it for me. But I'm sure I would love it, if it did. :(

Oh man...so I put this game down for a few months, you know, to let the content updates pile up.

I've just put in about 8 hours in a new Survival mode game and daaayummm, they made this game much harder! Excellent! I thought it was a bit easy before, having put together a Cyclops in just under two hours. This time, it took me the full 8 hours of focusing hard on getting towards the fragments for the cyclops.

It is also a lot more dangerous...sand sharks and bone sharks are spotted heading into the shallows after just a few hours of play. Your life-boat is no longer the safe haven it used to be. I first thought that having a Medkit maker built into the life-boat was a cheap "easy-button" add-on but it is entirely necessary. Grabbing resources in certain places is almost a certain setup for a shark attack or getting one of those scary blood suckers on your arm.

After building my Seamoth I headed for the Koosh zone and quickly ran into the reaper leviathan...fortunately I found a little cubby hole to hide in while it tried to get at me...my heart pounding, it couldn't quite grab me but it did thrash me into the wall (or I kept accelerating into it out of terror) brought me down to about 10% hull but it then lost interest...phew.

Still having some trouble getting my base going, a lot more components require you to find blueprints from various crash sites. Also, you need to maintain power for oxygen, so my base is just a daytime base for now until I can get the bioreactor going to replace my solar panels. At least we have battery and power cell charging stations...found enough of each at the Aurora to never need to build them. Also, the Cyclops now has controllable interior lights and CCTV so you can see around you.

Also, the emergency beacon in the life-boat has messages incoming from other possible survivors...found a picture of what appears to be a female character but so far each life-boat has either been empty or compromised. One of them had a hole punched in the side and was surrounded by sand sharks...poor fella. It is definitely looking like everyone else is dead but I did see a message from the Sunbeam, a trade ship in the area that will be coming to rescue any survivors. Hopefully I can last long enough before the radiation from the Aurora attracts some yet unseen monster.

The game still needs optimization as pop-in is still pretty bad but it is looking good otherwise, can't wait for the full release this winter!

Also, don't forget, this game is available on Xbox One!

[video=youtube_share;xGESBs6lmA0]https://youtu.be/xGESBs6lmA0[/video]

Last edited:
damn i need to pick this up. i missed it in the summer sale!.

only thing lacking in it is multiplayer co-op but sadly that is not on the horizon any time soon. still there is a lot to love and for £15 (full pirce) or £8 (summer sale) its cheap as chips imo.

Last edited:
The updates keep rolling in. I couldn't get to it on Experimental so it lacks my special QA touch :p but the PRAWN exosuit is now in the live version. Behold, the PRAWN update http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/subnautica-p-r-w-n-update-released/

exo_ad_under_16x9-618x348.jpg

A new update is available on Steam for Subnautica! Presenting: The Pressure Re-Active Waterproof Nano Suit, or PRAWN Suit. Check out the PRAWN Update site to see it in action.

This is a Steam update. To find out when PRAWN is available on Xbox One, sign up to the Xbox One development mailing list, and follow @SubnauticaXbox on Twitter.

[video=youtube_share;s_IuAapLVYc]https://youtu.be/s_IuAapLVYc[/video]

The PRAWN Suit may be modified via a modular upgrade systems. Every PRAWN comes standard with a Claw Arm, which may be used to smash resource nodes and grab objects. You can also install:

• Mining Drill: Collect resources from large resource deposits
  • Grappling Hook: Fires a grapple to reel in small objects, and pull the suit towards large objects.
  • Torpedo Launcher: Fire torpedoes to defend yourself against aggressive creatures
  • Propulsion Cannon: Lift, attract, and launch small and medium sized objects
The PRAWN update also features a huge expansion of explorable areas inside the Aurora Starship.
aurora3-618x386.jpg

These new areas contain new technologies, story pieces, and creatures that will do their best to ruin your day.
aurora4-618x386.jpg

You can now sprint by holding the shift key, for faster exploration and possibly total exhaustion:
[video]http://d38i9npefkkq8l.cloudfront.net/vid/20160823_SN_Prawn_Microvid_1_Sprint.mp4[/video]
The soundtrack to the PRAWN Update was created by our very own Simon (Sy1k1), and is available on SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/subnautica/exosuit

Interesting game - died from dehydration .. good start :D

Get your filtration machine, ASAP. It is truly a life saver once you have it. Never look for salt or synthesize clean water again!

Search wrecks and the dunes biome. Mine currently runs on the a pile of dead Garryfish and fruit...the bioreactor is fun :)

Also, it does seem that dehydration is tied to exertion now, so the sooner you can get the Seamoth the longer you will last on your expeditions.

Does anyone know where the general purpose room fragments are? The new update took them out of the blueprints you get at the start and my new seabase is just corridors.

Anyone get that new walker thingy yet? I'm curious what you can do with it.

Follow one and collect the poo for crafting something...not kidding (at least that is what I last heard...haven't personally found one yet)

Does anyone know where the general purpose room fragments are? The new update took them out of the blueprints you get at the start and my new seabase is just corridors.

You are going to have to find one of the abandoned bases. On the floating island you will find three locations, one at the shore, which should get you the multi-purpose room a desk and a chair. Head to the top of each mountain for more things like growing pads, plant pots and the observation room. Fortunately once you find it, it is just scan once. You don't need to find other fragments.

Be sure to at least get the planting pot and a few of those red fruits from a tree. Once you have a little forest of those things back at your base, food and water concerns are gone when on base. Then you only need worry about what you need for big expeditions.

EDIT: Also, a very curious development of the story can be found on the island. Either there was another crashed ship here long ago or something...weird is going on

Last edited:
Follow one and collect the poo for crafting something...not kidding (at least that is what I last heard...haven't personally found one yet)

Already found them. I don't what to do with that crap yet but I found those critters. They look like the silt striders from Morrowind.

You are going to have to find one of the abandoned bases. On the floating island you will find three locations, one at the shore, which should get you the multi-purpose room a desk and a chair. Head to the top of each mountain for more things like growing pads, plant pots and the observation room. Fortunately once you find it, it is just scan once. You don't need to find other fragments.

Be sure to at least get the planting pot and a few of those red fruits from a tree. Once you have a little forest of those things back at your base, food and water concerns are gone when on base. Then you only need worry about what you need for big expeditions.

EDIT: Also, a very curious development of the story can be found on the island. Either there was another crashed ship here long ago or something...weird is going on

Already found them by the time you posted. Built myself a bunch of observatories and then planted some lantern trees. Home sweet home. :D

Having serious difficulty finding the moon pool fragments. I found a pressure compensator at the Aurora for my Seamoth but it can't really go deep enough for the Grand Reef as it is (I think the moon pool blueprints are there). Going to have to build the Cyclops first by the looks of things.

Already found them. I don't what to do with that crap yet but I found those critters. They look like the silt striders from Morrowind.
I know, right? That was my first thought when I saw the concept art
Already found them by the time you posted. Built myself a bunch of observatories and then planted some lantern trees. Home sweet home. :D

Having serious difficulty finding the moon pool fragments. I found a pressure compensator at the Aurora for my Seamoth but it can't really go deep enough for the Grand Reef as it is (I think the moon pool blueprints are there). Going to have to build the Cyclops first by the looks of things.
Yeah, the cyclops is essential if you want to do anything over 200m. Before I built the Cyclops I took a lot of risks with the Seamoth. Packing a welder and a full pack of batteries I used it to explore some of the mushroom cave being as nimble as possible and then rising to the top of the cave 180m, repair, repeat.

I've got the cyclops now, which isn't that hard to get the materials for (lots and lots of titanium). Next time I play I'm going to dive into the blood kelp forest. That place is creepy as hell.

Top Bottom