Subnautica

I picked this game up, when it was on sale a bit ago.

I've been keeping an eye on it, since its creation. So I have a basic idea what to expect. But my first 10 minutes in, I found a bug I can't get past. Using quartz on the replicator from the escape pod, didn't give me glass. I had the correct amount, and the pod has power. I just don't get glass when I try to create it.

That's new to me. Be sure to file a bug report.

Are you on stable or experimental builds?

supposed to be a stable build. But report already filed, believe me.

Going to wait till the next big update, and try again. Maybe it'll be fixed by then.

Been playing this frequently since I moved house and then I had to uninstall it. Will be reinstalling it soon...some time. It's very relaxing to play because of the muted atmosphere. You know the feeling of swimming underwater, using scuba-gear or a suit.

So far, I have not been able to enter any of the under water building I have managed to build. Even after I had installed door ways. Am I missing something here?

Don't you think would make great x over with Elite Dangerous Purchasing a Moray-Sky-Boat to visit water worlds or worlds like our own & go sub-nautical.

Not sure what my bug was, but I was able to get some glass last night. So it seems to have been fixed.

Interesting idea Mick. Though it might be a little too ambitious to start off with. First we'd need worlds with water on them (not sure how many there are in the universe, only just got back in). Then we'd need a ship (or ships) that can land on water. Then we'd need a ground vehicle that can go underwater.

Not sure what my bug was, but I was able to get some glass last night. So it seems to have been fixed.

Interesting idea Mick. Though it might be a little too ambitious to start off with. First we'd need worlds with water on them (not sure how many there are in the universe, only just got back in). Then we'd need a ship (or ships) that can land on water. Then we'd need a ground vehicle that can go underwater.

IIRC, the Orca, lore-wise, is capable of undersea travel along with the Dolphin (smaller variant).

Been playing this frequently since I moved house and then I had to uninstall it. Will be reinstalling it soon...some time. It's very relaxing to play because of the muted atmosphere. You know the feeling of swimming underwater, using scuba-gear or a suit.

So far, I have not been able to enter any of the under water building I have managed to build. Even after I had installed door ways. Am I missing something here?

Don't you think would make great x over with Elite Dangerous Purchasing a Moray-Sky-Boat to visit water worlds or worlds like our own & go sub-nautical.

IIRC, the Orca, lore-wise, is capable of undersea travel along with the Dolphin (smaller variant).

One of the original non-player ships in the classic is called Moray-Starboat (Got the name wrong earlier :/)

It's suppose to be space-bound ship that is also a sub-marine. It's not merely outfitted for underwater travel. It was made that way.

They're also used as ambulance vessel right at the start of novelisation The Dark Wheel when Alex Ryder needed rescuing after losing his father & their ship when they were attacked by that Cobra Mark Three assassin/bounty hunter.

They should be yellow if they're flying submarines.....

th

Last edited:
looking forward to getting this game, but the lack of controller support is putting me off. ne1 know if its under development?

The biggest improvement in my book

Creatures will now respawn after being killed by another creature or the player. This feature was in high demand by you, the players! Thank you for your continued feedback to support the development of Subnautica.

No more dead ocean. Good job community! I know we were hitting them hard on this one.

The denuded reef is a depressing thing to see and the fix makes sense (re-spawning fish), but I think it adds a touch of realism, environmental awareness and consequence to your actions when you see your own devastation.

So on my last reset (I reset every big update) after feeling guilty for eating all life within visible range of my base, I used the emergency rations from the life-pod to keep myself alive and built two big breeding aquariums one for air-sacs (water) and one for peepers (food) I actually added more life to the reef than I took through a deliberate restocking effort.

I've suggested keeping the empty reef as an in-game thing for hardcore mode.

Deleted member 110222

D
Hey guys, I was wondering how well Subnautica would run on my system.

I've got a GTX 960 4GB, i5 4690, and 16GB of RAM.

Cheers. :)

Hey guys, I was wondering how well Subnautica would run on my system.

I've got a GTX 960 4GB, i5 4690, and 16GB of RAM.

Cheers. :)

From the steam store :

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Haswell 2 cores / 4 threads @ 2.5Ghz or equivalent
Graphics: Intel HD 4600 or equivalent
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
Additional Notes: Subnautica is an Early Access game, and minimum specifications may change during development.

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Haswell 4 cores / 4 threads @ 3.2Ghz or equivalent
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 550 ti or equivalent
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
Additional Notes: Subnautica is an Early Access game, and recommended specifications may change during development.

Battery and power cell chargers now in the game, fragments in the mushroom forest near the bow of the aurora (watch out for the reaper leviathan). The cyclops is now worth using as you can manually swap recharged cells into it.

I played it quite a bit.. very fun and very well done all the way around. Can't wait for it to be finished.

You can actually watch its development on Trello. The most transparent company I've ever seen.

I played it quite a bit.. very fun and very well done all the way around. Can't wait for it to be finished.

You can actually watch its development on Trello. The most transparent company I've ever seen.

This has to be my biggest love for this game. So refreshing.

Sometimes they miss the targets but they are open and honest about them. I've yet to see the community up in arms about much...aside from the usual internet grumbling and trolling of course.

Every now and then I like to post their development roadmap on the Star Citizen thread...just to show what open development looks like.

Top Bottom