Suggestion... Fallen enemy's materials

Two quick suggestions for combat in foot.
1. I think it would be logical to get materials for suits and weapons from the dead enemy and give a reason to take the risk.
2. Please can we have the times 3 on material finds to match ship materials

There's so many things wrong with their materials system, I have NO idea how the entire system made it out of concept, let alone alpha.

You need to steal epoxy from people and take it from empty bases, because there's not a single store in the galaxy that will sell it to commanders. Except bartenders, who WILL give it to you, but only in trade, as they don't want money. But they WILL buy stuff from you, for money.

And yet, people still talk about immersion? Realism?

This game started out as nothing but a shooter. now they getting off onto some more detailed things. I did one town protection mission so far and it froze at the end. I did a few salvage missions too and they were almost all combat related. they also don't take into consideration your levels. as a new player everything I own is level 1 so...they send me out on salvage missions where 4-6 soldiers appear? and since I never lived through that videos show that there's two waves...lol never did a single one of those.

so, I think shooting can be fun...but the entire game shouldn't be about that. Missions to carry important info, is fine, or go pick up junk from a crash, normal jobs some beginner could get. so do more of those for new players, and don't swarm them and make them feel helpless before they have a chance to learn anything. I believe this is a great game, and can get better, as they move into things other than full combat. Let the player make things, maybe their own mods for their guns, etc. Silencers, scopes, several different types of ammo for different jobs (some are coming from synthesis I hear) and let people play the way they want, not being herded into FPS every time. You will need raw materials, so miners are needed. Then finish products, so manufacturers are needed. let the people decide what they want to do and let them support the killers ...err.. Mercenaries of the galaxy. lol

This game started out as nothing but a shooter. now they getting off onto some more detailed things. I did one town protection mission so far and it froze at the end. I did a few salvage missions too and they were almost all combat related. they also don't take into consideration your levels. as a new player everything I own is level 1 so...they send me out on salvage missions where 4-6 soldiers appear? and since I never lived through that videos show that there's two waves...lol never did a single one of those.

so, I think shooting can be fun...but the entire game shouldn't be about that. Missions to carry important info, is fine, or go pick up junk from a crash, normal jobs some beginner could get. so do more of those for new players, and don't swarm them and make them feel helpless before they have a chance to learn anything. I believe this is a great game, and can get better, as they move into things other than full combat. Let the player make things, maybe their own mods for their guns, etc. Silencers, scopes, several different types of ammo for different jobs (some are coming from synthesis I hear) and let people play the way they want, not being herded into FPS every time. You will need raw materials, so miners are needed. Then finish products, so manufacturers are needed. let the people decide what they want to do and let them support the killers ...err.. Mercenaries of the galaxy. lol
You do know that you can buy up to G3 gear in Odyssey right? There's a thread for helping people find it, and I'm not even bothering posting locations for G2 stuff anymore unless it has an interesting modification. That stuff is available all over the place.

I did an evening posting but the problem for the new guys who would most benefit from equipment is they can't afford the pre modded upgrade stuff. There a way to do some salvage missions if you have a ship with an srv land a bit of a distance away and use the srv turret on people just remember to keep your distance you want them to approach but not actually hit you to much..

I did an evening posting but the problem for the new guys who would most benefit from equipment is they can't afford the pre modded upgrade stuff. There a way to do some salvage missions if you have a ship with an srv land a bit of a distance away and use the srv turret on people just remember to keep your distance you want them to approach but not actually hit you to much..
Obviously after that get on foot to do the rest of the mission it's a shame you can't use it for power restore mission's

Top Bottom