Suggestion! Fix your BAD mission system

Have a bounty to claim - no links to the system to claim it in.

Have a mission to complete - "You may complete this at the bulletin board in Oterma"
A) There's no such thing as a bulletin board, only a mission board, contacts screen, and news board which some would consider the closest to what one would describe as a "bulletin board"
B) I talked to every mission giver there. No luck at all.

And don't get me started on the combat. Oh I nearly killed someone? Time to chase their corpse that is floating faster than my boosted engines somehow? Chase the corpse for 10 mins because the devs can't program a dead ship? SURE!

Once again, I want to just sit down and enjoy the game. Every single time I do, I end up on the forums or reporting bugs. It's been like this for years. I'm about to just remove it from account so I can't install it again.

Have a bounty to claim - no links to the system to claim it in.

It is somewhat annoying that it doesn't tell you this, I agree. If it's a procedurally-generated faction, they usually have the name of their capital system in the faction name eg. "Baal Transport Corporation" is in the Baal system. But player-made factions and other hand-crafted factions are harder to track down. If you can;t be bothered doing so (there are third-party sites like Inara you cna use for this) then simply hand the bounty in at an Interstellar Factor, found in any narchy or Low Security starport.

A) There's no such thing as a bulletin board, only a mission board, contacts screen, and news board which some would consider the closest to what one would describe as a "bulletin board"

Yes, they do mean the "mission board". The earliest version of the game did call it the "bulletin board". It had all missions from all factions all mixed up together, rather than neatly sorted like we have now. Much improved.

Have a mission to complete - "You may complete this at the bulletin board in Oterma"... I talked to every mission giver there. No luck at all.

"Oterma" is the name of a space station, well, part of the name of a space station, anyway. There are 13 stations and planetary bases in Human space named after Finnish astronomer Liisi Oterma; I assume you are at the correct one?

The mission description tells you which faction you need to give the goods to. The mission board prioritizes the factions you have missions with, putting them up the top of the list. And there's a little exclamation mark above the faction which is waiting for a mission to be completed. If you saw none of those things, then perhaps you weren;t ready to hand the misison in after all.

We don't really have enough info to be able to offer meaningful help. Was it a cargo delivery mission? If so, those missions require you to deliver the specific cargo from the mission source depot. You cannot simply buy the required cargo in the market and deliver that.

Finally, yes, there are extremely rare instances where the mission-giver evacuates away from the star system before you arrive to hand the mission in. Such missions are unable to be completed. That's just bad luck and/or poor timing on your part.

Top Bottom